IGNORED

Wrong man sacked

Redmycolour

The most annoying thing about this saga is why couldn't they wait until after the game or announced it at the game with him present. So we could at least show our appreciation. I suppose would start a vendetta against LJ on the pitch....:grr: 

42 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I'd wager the outcome may be better with those same players brought in had it been in the close season where they have a full pre-season to work with the squad and could be introduced into the squad in a careful and sensible way.

What did we Do?  Chuck them head first into a Championship relegation scrap.  And we wonder why some are struggling to perform.  This is football transfer business 101.  Nothing to do with coaching IMO.

Question is, who made the decision on transfer policy in January?

No argument from me on this Rob.

I guess some of them were brought in during the summer but are still deemed 'not good enough' and I struggle to understand it all if I'm honest unless it's the obvious and LJ has cocked up yet again. I cannot believe that to be the case though as surely SL would have done something about it? That's the strange bit.

58 minutes ago, joeyb said:

I don't know why people are surprised by this. I was tempted to say pemberton may be the problem a few weeks ago but didn't bother as I couldn't be arsed with the grief.

It's common knowledge that he is our defensive coach. That doesn't mean back 4. It means defending as a unit. We haven't ever been tight as a unit since he arrived at the club - the double winning season we were so much better than everyone else in the league that our defensive frailties never showed.

At present, we don't have problem scoring goals, we have trouble keeping it out of our own net, which ultimately lies with Pembo (and LJ don't get me wrong).

Just because he shows passion for the club doesn't mean he should get away with doing a poor job. I was a big fan of his because he was a likeable bloke but I care more about Bristol City than I do Pembo so for me he has to go.

LJ is a different discussion.

When Mr Pemberton was in charge. He instantly changed shape and City tightened up. Do you honestly believe he would have approached games like Lee Johnson has? I do not.

A phrase John Pemberton used was train how you play. How is that possible under Lee Johnsons myriad of formations?

It is conceivable that the coaches feel like the little Dutch boy as Johnson overthinks and over complicates all. More than conceivable.

56 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I'd wager the outcome may be better with those same players brought in had it been in the close season where they have a full pre-season to work with the squad and could be introduced into the squad in a careful and sensible way.

What did we Do?  Chuck them head first into a Championship relegation scrap.  And we wonder why some are struggling to perform.  This is football transfer business 101.  Nothing to do with coaching IMO.

Question is, who made the decision on transfer policy in January?

I am judging from a distance but it seems to me that Taylor, Djuric and Hegler have done not badly, despite being chucked in at the deep end of a relegation fight. It could be argued that Djuric and Taylor should have been played as a front two more often, rather than Wilbs playing up top on his lonesome.

Archived