IGNORED

Brownhill

BITW

Not sure if this has been covered by anyone else but does anyone have any idea why he's not been in the squad the last few games? Seemingly not injured and has looked pretty decent more often than not when he's played.

I'm not usually one for reading too much into twitter and instagram but I noticed he's 'liked' several posts questioning his non selection including one that refers to Johnson as a clown. Perhaps all is not well or he's just another victim of LJ's bizarre squad selection policy. 

2 minutes ago, BITW said:

Not sure if this has been covered by anyone else but does anyone have any idea why he's not been in the squad the last few games? Seemingly not injured and has looked pretty decent more often than not when he's played.

I'm not usually one for reading too much into twitter and instagram but I noticed he's 'liked' several posts questioning his non selection including one that refers to Johnson as a clown. Perhaps all is not well or he's just another victim of LJ's bizarre squad selection policy. 

He'll suddenly reappear in about 3 games time.

2 minutes ago, BITW said:

He has been very unlucky in not being drawn out of the "balls" by LJ...

I think he was starting to show promise and then he was in the team that put in that dire performance against Fulham. Hegeler also vanished following that game. LJ is just a shit man manager and a shit manager full stop. He has no idea how to utilise the players. I for one like Brownhill and he will be a key player for us in League One.... For me, a three man midfield would have Smith, Brownhill and Hegeler in it. 

images.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Same as lots of the other players. Don't know whether they're coming or going. One day told they're the bees knees, the next that they are crap. 

Just basically having their confidence destroyed by our useless manager.

Interestingly, I was informed some time ago by somebody (who used to be) close to the club that he was told precisely that by LJ, moreover that his father, GJ, thought the same!

47 minutes ago, BITW said:

Yep, all good points - same with Mags - the players must be totally confused and non-plused at how they are flavour of the month one minute and out in the wilderness the next...bizarre and ineffective management in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Maybe the new showers have a Dallas Bobby Ewingesque portal, where players go in and emerge 3 matches later still alive and invigorated having been brain washed by the great dictator and his polit bureau and Stasse.

I found that chuckle worthy EMB. Bravo! :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Nomad said:

O'dowda.

O'Dowda's exceptional performance at Newcastle and best of the forward players at Villa followed by best player last night, showed up his exclusion on Saturday for the farcical level of tinkering that it was (whether or not it was to allow the change of formation, none of it was necessary).

As others have said, Brownhill went with the cull of players who were accused of "lacking energy" after Fulham, which is ironic as in the prior 2-3 games he was one of the better precisely because of his energy.

But when you are totally out of your depth as manager and respond to every major failure with a very public cull, and keep your job this long, it is only inevitable that those "culls" come back around so often you end up cycling the same players back in and out of the team.  

I mean we were practically back last night as a starting 11 with the bulk of the players he said before Christmas he had "learned a lot about" the weaknesses of and would be replacing in the January transfer window. How's that working out?

It would be comical if it wasn't so utterly depressing.

10 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Ummm yeah ....if ya like....small one though ....the coat wouldn't fit for a start ...:whistle:

but as if by magic Lee arrived and the footballer turned into Mr Ben just as the opposition striker went past him just as Mr Ben was reaching for his hat  and scored

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

O'Dowda's exceptional performance at Newcastle and best of the forward players at Villa followed by best player last night, showed up his exclusion on Saturday for the farcical level of tinkering that it was (whether or not it was to allow the change of formation, none of it was necessary).

As others have said, Brownhill went with the cull of players who were accused of "lacking energy" after Fulham, which is ironic as in the prior 2-3 games he was one of the better precisely because of his energy.

But when you are totally out of your depth as manager and respond to every major failure with a very public cull, and keep your job this long, it is only inevitable that those "culls" come back around so often you end up cycling the same players back in and out of the team.  

I mean we were practically back last night as a starting 11 with the bulk of the players he said before Christmas he had "learned a lot about" the weaknesses of and would be replacing in the January transfer window. How's that working out?

It would be comical if it wasn't so utterly depressing.

Couldn't agree more.

Archived