IGNORED

Alternatives to LJ where are they ?

NewquayRed

I'm starting to think there are none, and that LJ is here for the duration at least until someone worth his salt steps up to the plate.

Wondering iif our chairmen combined with Ashton are actually having an impact on us  attracting a decent management/coaching team.

Would you work for them ?

6 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

I'm starting to think there are none, and that LJ is here for the duration at least until someone worth his salt steps up to the plate.

Wondering iif our chairmen combined with Ashton are actually having an impact on us  attracting a decent management/coaching team.

Mark Warburton?

Gary Rowett been unemployed for weeks. 

And I would have said Pemberton. 

Seems clear that a placebo would do better than LJ right now. 

Edit - I don't think managers are being put off from applying. There are only 92 management jobs in England. Plus we actually have a regime which gives its managers loads of time and a lot of young, talented players. The problem is that there isn't a vacancy. 

I've no idea and never have.

While it becomes obvious when a manager can't do a job, I never watch football enough to know who the other good managers are that we can attract. 

But that's why I run my business and don't own a football club. 

SL is waiting until we are a few points below Rotherham before making a change? Remember his comment about not being "in the relegation zone and cut adrift". So no vacancy any time soon I'm afraid. How that fits with relegation not being an option I have absolutely no idea unless SL actually believes the BS BS!

Or maybe he is manoeuvring our "successful" under 23 coach into position to act as caretaker???

They aren't looking at alternatives.  They have their man.  He will be here next season even if we go down. I think that's pretty clear with the noises coming out of the club.  Part of me wonders if any of them have actually looked at the league table and seen we are in the relegation zone.  SOD didn't used to did he.  They are living in a bubble and blinded by their own bull sh!t.

53 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Had a similar thought... As much as the suits are saying Pembo did not fit into their plans. Maybe Pembo, a man who has been in the game far longer than LJ, thinks sod this I'm off.

This corporate nonsense is football I'm afraid. Fans mean naff all. So a yes man at the helm will always prosper despite opposition from everyone else.

Those managers quoted in the weeks of speculation of LJ getting the boot don't strike me as being prepared to work as a yes man.

I also thought maybe they put the feelers out(for a new manager) and the response was not positive. That's not to do with our great city, the facilities and lifestyle it can bring. But those absolute belters who control everything!

Imagine rocking up to work and having to deal with Mark Ashton on day one! I'd rather sh** in my hands and clap.

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Off the top of my head I can think of a dozen better suited candidates, some in work, some not.

If SL can't that can only suggest he isn't looking for one.

Good point. If we go down with a different manager he would be bedded in for the start of next season . Some very strong candidates unemployed and employed but like yourself I don't think we're in the market 

Archived