IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal?

marmite

As a ST holder for 20+ years, never before has the club done so much to discourage me from renewing - don't think I can stand next season in League with LJ getting away with absolute murder week in week out, and then treating us like idiots with his pathetic, crib sheet excuses and fake loyalty to the club!

On the one hand this thread shows how far the club has fallen (and I could rant on about that all day), on the other hand I'm really glad it's not just me thinking that renewing for a season in League 1 under Johnson would be a terrible idea and a complete waste of money.

I have to admit that the idea of membership hadn't occurred to me, but it's a good alternative.

BTW I wouldn't be surprised if next season is when that record of being above the Gas in the league will be broken.

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

What a shambles of a club.

Well done Mr Lansdown, you've ripped this once great club to shreds.

The thing that angers me is he doesn't give a ****.

Why should he?  It's just a toy of his that he's broken because he didn't know how to use it.  He's got plenty more toys to keep himself amused, so why should he be bothered!

A fool and his money are easily parted?  Bearing that in mind, I feel it would be foolish of me to give my hard earned cash to the shambles that Bristol City has become.

I would find it hard to associate myself with anything involving SL, MA and LJ, what a trio!

I won't be renewing. I am sorry to say.

A group of us from Chepstow come across to every game and several of us have been ST holders for a couple of decades. We've already discussed this and if LJ is in charge next season, whether we stay up or not, we'll not be returning - I've never felt so down about OUR club as I do right now.

We might game back for the local derbies etc., but that'll be about it.

I hate as a fan being treated as though I am stupid, sorry but we've more than had enough.

My support of the club is not conditional, come rain, shine, blah blah blah I'll be there - there is no dilemma for me, I'll be getting a ST.

Those who are unhappy need to do whatever they feel the need to do, until they do though, it's all talk and idle threat.

7 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

My support of the club is not conditional, come rain, shine, blah blah blah I'll be there - there is no dilemma for me, I'll be getting a ST.

Those who are unhappy need to do whatever they feel the need to do, until they do though, it's all talk and idle threat.

The question was asked and is being answered. 

We will  have to see how much is just talk and idle threat.

But, this also applies to those that state they will renew, no matter what.

I am Simply not enjoying visiting the gate any longer. Sterile football  that is boring to watch dished up week in week out. I have a real desision  to make regarding next years season ticket. I take an older guy with learning difficulties who adores and worships anything Bristol City, even when we get stuffed it matters little to him. The thought of telling him we are no longer going would break his heart, but at the moment thats whats going to happen. Just cant bring myself to pay the best part of a grand to sit and stare into space whishing i were somewhere other than Ashton Gate. Sad times.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'll renew, I've renewed through the SOD times when it was much much worse so I'm going to renew now

The players were'nt good enough back then and to be fair to sod he was told to reduce the wage bill and weed out the crap. Yes his bed side manner was poor but he had an unenviable task really . Johnson has spent £15m plus and made us worse whilst playing terrible football and it's obvious the players don't believe in what they're being asked to do. For those reasons I believe our current situation is worse. 

Its a "NO" from me.... until this clown has gone and possibly I may never buy one again but that depends on who Lansdown replaces him with and may well be when Lansdown has gone. I probably will end up picking a few POTD games , really cant be bothered it anymore.

Relegation has not stopped me before even when it was three seasons in row so cant see why it should now? ..(if indeed it happens of course)

I have & will support Bristol city through thick & thin, its the agreement I made when I first stepped onto the East End as a kid  - fool that I am but I thought that's what being a supporter is all about?...   it appears I have been wrong all these years .....

19 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'll renew, I've renewed through the SOD times when it was much much worse so I'm going to renew now

are you sure it was worse than under LJ's dictatorship? - it was bad, but can't remember feeling this down and depressed for the depths LJ will take us to!

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The players were'nt good enough back then and to be fair to sod he was told to reduce the wage bill and weed out the crap. Yes his bed side manner was poor but he had an unenviable task really . Johnson has spent £15m plus and made us worse whilst playing terrible football and it's obvious the players don't believe in what they're being asked to do. For those reasons I believe our current situation is worse. 

Even still I doubt the team we have now would be bottom of league one in october, under sod we were relegated without a whimper playing shockingly poor football abd we were going to ve in league 2 if it weren't for cotts

2 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

I sit in the West Stand and have been a season ticket holder for a long time, previously sitting in the Dolman.... I also pay for the odd hospitality at the Gate for friends and family which is very good. Did it for some home games and it was good experience. Now, it has become a fcking nightmare watching that shite and there is simply no way I am going to pay those prices in League One. No fcking way.  

I have taken the decision that I will not renew whilst LJ is in charge. This does not mean I am a fickle fan but I am not going to show support for a club that continually lies to and misleads its fans. I am not going to put up with a club where the owner and his son run it like a game on Football Manager. I cannot stand LJ,  his bull shit and his shit football. I cannot stand Ashton and his BS PR job.... With the fcking DNA we have installed  we will soon be extinct! I can still follow the club and will select the games I attend home/away. 

I remember that night in Bradford under SC where I almost cried at watching us destroy a side to get promoted. I remember an old game at Bradford where they did us 5-1 or something. Thus, to play that way, against that team (I think that was the season they did Arsenal at home in the Cup) was a massive highlight.  This followed a game on the Saturday at Preston where the team put in a fighting display to keep Preston at bay. Those nights are long gone.. the fight, spirit, passion, has gone. The pressing, high tempo football has gone... the style that we were trying to embed has gone. I cannot tell you how gutted it makes me feel.... Thanks to the board because only BCFC could fck up the momentum brought about by a double winning manager. Well done to all, you must be very proud SL....

Hear hear, I was at these games and it was an incredible week. Now it is pure shit.

24 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

are you sure it was worse than under LJ's dictatorship? - it was bad, but can't remember feeling this down and depressed for the depths LJ will take us to!

I felt much more depressed being relegated by march and then being bottom of league one in October tbf

Not planning to renew if LJ stays and/or we get relegated. And yes this is worse than under SOD when I renewed.

Amongst those in the pub afterwards on Tuesday, at least half will be going for membership and POTD next season. If we are in any way representative of the wider support it would seem that SL is going to get a fairly rude awakening about how many of the fans actually feel. 

"Welcome to League One football at Ashton Gate stadium, home to the White Elephant!"

And to think we mocked the Blue Few that they would never need or fill a new stadium. Fair degree of Schadenfreude going on in Horfield - well at least there might be if they knew what it was! 

33 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Relegation has not stopped me before even when it was three seasons in row so cant see why it should now? ..(if indeed it happens of course)

I have & will support Bristol city through thick & thin, its the agreement I made when I first stepped onto the East End as a kid  - fool that I am but I thought that's what being a supporter is all about?...   it appears I have been wrong all these years .....

I admire your thinking and its how I usually feel but there is definately something different about this season. I was there in div 4 also but at least there seemed to be  a plan then. The whole matchday experience has a different feel now and I hate feeling the way I do. I asked the question at the start of the thread to gauge the general feeling. It appears to be very negative and angry. Take npte Sl before its too late. 

1 hour ago, PFree said:

A group of us from Chepstow come across to every game and several of us have been ST holders for a couple of decades. We've already discussed this and if LJ is in charge next season, whether we stay up or not, we'll not be returning - I've never felt so down about OUR club as I do right now.

We might game back for the local derbies etc., but that'll be about it.

I hate as a fan being treated as though I am stupid, sorry but we've more than had enough.

Same here is LJ is still in charge I won't be renewing 

Archived