IGNORED

Lansdown, the Board, and our Long-term viability.

Fuber

And are the board really going to risk it?

Some of our fans, like all clubs, have a tolerance. Developments if this carries on are going to be interesting amd If things like pitch invasions start occurring, serious questions need to be asked.

The parallels are stark. Untested foreign signings not making the first team. Faith in inexperienced managers, changing too much or keeping the incorrect managers in charge. Million blown on signings. Awful tactics.

Added to this the rumours from the other thread towards the player wages being left in a Cafe, which as it stands I'm willing believe seeming as we'receive run about as well as the NHS.

My Consensus is this....

I would gladly take the Davidson regime back. If not then at least a focus on coaching and a positive cash flow rather than wasting millions each year. Spend within our means, and let's actively help our academy develop our own players.

I have never been more disillusioned with my support with this club. Wael has shown us up, big time, if we do go down. 

Lansdown risks having all his input and money invested going to waste if the fans turn on him. Did you hear the boos at half time when the announcers plugged the Basketball? Because of the failing state of the football team, the Bristol Sport brand, and Lansdown's legacy, could potentially lie in tatters.

The Davidson regime would that be so viable in this day and age of FFP?

Would running a club like under him- and I liked him, he certainly cared, he was a fan, but would it be viable above say League One. Remember summer 1998 when we signed lots of strikers but shit defenders.

We are not too well run in general terms I must say. I remember Spudski used to claim things were soooo much better run in all areas now but I don't buy it sorry. Unsure who does. To take just one example- the season ticket discounts, see plenty of posts on this site that the club have not applied the correct discounts at the correct times all season. I am sure others will be able to think of many many more examples too!

I believe SL thought that if he built the stadium and waved his cheque book about success would follow automatically. As was stated on another thread "A fool and his money are soon parted". Now I know SL is not a fool, his business empire tells us that, but his appointments are wasting the best chance we had in years of reaching the Prem. How many relegations were included in the big plan for Bristol Sport?  Why build a 27000 seater stadium and then use/need only half of it? Big money corporate posturing is getting us nowhere. Success for fans is on the pitch not the bank balance.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'm disillusioned too Fubar, more than, but please explain how Wael has shown us up.

We've shown ourselves up, nowt to do with the other lot. Wael is too busy doing sweet fa at The Mem to bother about us. 

Being blunt. There's none of this PR bull to the degree we've done, they've kept it simple. A decent coaching team, continuity, and are challenging at the level expected of them. It was just an example, better ones probably include the likes of Burton whose team we could've purchased twice with the money spent on O'Dowda.

3 hours ago, Fuber said:

And are the board really going to risk it?

I assume that you are referring the risk of demotion? That's short term not long term. Unless you know something I don't, no one on this forum is good at making predictions on the long run.

Some of our fans, like all clubs, have a tolerance. Developments if this carries on are going to be interesting amd If things like pitch invasions start occurring, serious questions need to be asked.

I'm patient and tolerant, there is nothing wrong with these qualities. Talk of 'pitch invasions'? And here I was thinking that we had taken the moral high ground over the gash on this one. :facepalm:

The parallels are stark. Untested foreign signings not making the first team. Faith in inexperienced managers, changing too much or keeping the incorrect managers in charge. Million blown on signings. Awful tactics.

Faith is blind belief, risk is calculated. I've no idea how the risk is being calculated this season but I'm prepared to be patient and believe they have things under control (we are 3rd from bottom, the differences between City up to 18th are small, the quality of the squad in my view is good, my view is the risks of going down are manageable) - others have a different opinion, I have donned my protective gear on for the commentards

Added to this the rumours from the other thread towards the player wages being left in a Cafe, which as it stands I'm willing believe seeming as we'receive run about as well as the NHS.

Yeah, we saw rumour control in action a couple of weeks ago, with some on here were willing to jump on every rumour as if it was fact was quite embarrassing - again, we take the piss out of the gash and they must have been pissing themselves with laughter at the meltdown that was taking place on this board. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some secret gash eds with profiles on this board throwing in some of the corkers being sold on this board.

My Consensus is this....

You have a personal consensus?

I would gladly take the Davidson regime back. If not then at least a focus on coaching and a positive cash flow rather than wasting millions each year. Spend within our means, and let's actively help our academy develop our own players.

Good old days reminiscing (dusting down the perceived good times of the past, conveniently ignoring the bad times). He's gone, he's not coming back, I suggest you stop digging up the past. What you've described appears to be what SL is trying to implement, it looks like a recycled idea - that we have a chairman who's willing to waste his money, and his a fan, I'm quite happy with.

I have never been more disillusioned with my support with this club. Wael has shown us up, big time, if we do go down. 

Disillusionment passes, you just have to be patient (if you need faith, don't look to help from me). As to talking about the gash chairman, just why?

Archived