IGNORED

Wigan Away (Merged)

Nuno Gomes

1 hour ago, winterbournered said:

Not every week. I mean how many games this season have we thrown away winning positions? Is it 6/7 if he'd managed to get his subs right in those games, tomorrow wouldn't matter! 

Haha that is true fake enough... allow some hyperbole please ;)

But even in games we have clawed back to get points it has still been from subs and having the team set up in a way that focuses on opposition rather then us. 

Its not until last 20 mins in some of those games when we play our best football because of that.

Norwich is an example we should've been 3 down but then after changes and getting to the correct set up we could've won game. 

This also leads to another point I posted on the Cotts thread. Players working hard in 4 games in 11 days for 90 mins don't get subbed because LJ has made mistakes and then some have the cheek to slate said players.

Wigan have won 3 out of their last 10 and are at home.

I predict either home win or low scoring draw.

If Wolves / Blackburn / Burton pick up points, it's another nail in our coffin.

Same excuses from LJ and same silence from SL.

:badmood:

tfj :protest:

42 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

Interestingly LJ has said today that he wants us to start how we ended the Norwich game with attacking intent.

Well LJ set the team up identically and it should happen shouldn't it? 

Which means starting one up top with Djuric/Taylor collecting splinters in their arses.

However,with Tammy back in the fold it will be a very strong bench when we are chasing the game!

A lot of people wanted us to lose matches so that LJ would get the chop, which I can appreciate. Now it looks as though that unfortunately it's not going to happen (this season), so consider this. Get behind the lads on the pitch and encourage them to a win IN SPITE of those off the pitch.

We can do our bit to try to keep us up by raising the players spirit. We can still make our feelings known to those off of the pitch at the appropriate time but I for one, am not relishing league 1 football next season.

COYR!!!

1 hour ago, BristolBEAT said:

Travel
I am one of the 700 going tomorrow.

Is the only method of getting to and from the train station walking?

Response from TFR:

32 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Float on LJ's sea of bullshit.

Alternative response:

Well done, mate. Hope the trip is a good one.

3-1 loss.

Gary Johnson brought in as Director of football (not that he's doing that now though.....)

Loads of press for the struggling West Country side Bristol Sport city as they appoint the first father-son couple to co manage a football team, MA smiles at the PR dream, Steve smiles to himself as he collects his 2nd pantomime dwarf way ahead of the Christmas transfer window, watch out Messi you're next.....

4 hours ago, Marty said:

A lot of people wanted us to lose matches so that LJ would get the chop, which I can appreciate. Now it looks as though that unfortunately it's not going to happen (this season), so consider this. Get behind the lads on the pitch and encourage them to a win IN SPITE of those off the pitch.

We can do our bit to try to keep us up by raising the players spirit. We can still make our feelings known to those off of the pitch at the appropriate time but I for one, am not relishing league 1 football next season.

COYR!!!

well said marty!

On 09/03/2017 at 13:33, red panda said:

If we kick off tomorrow then we might be 1440-0 up (a goal a minute!) by the time Wigan turn up.  Surely not even we could throw away that lead? 

Surely we could only be 0-1 up because they wouldn't be able to kick off after we'd scored?!

Edit: Apologies, I see @You Do The Dziekanowski has already pointed this out!

On 10/03/2017 at 00:06, Fiale said:

He sets up to not go behind and hope that we might grab a goal, he then relies on his subs to win the game. He has mentioned it a couple of times, that is his actual tactic. To just not let the opposition score, and who knows get lucky with a goal or two until the later stages of the game where he has confidence in the bench to go out and win a game. That's why we are so damned awful to watch for large periods of matches, and why we don't conceded to many. It's worked a couple of times, but overall it's a awful tactic but one he seems wedded too.

I seem to remember his father went through a spell also of us only scoring in the second half? 

On 10/03/2017 at 00:24, JamesBCFC said:

Pretty sure when he has said that it has been in relation to specific matches, e.g Hull.

No, has has mentioned it a couple of times, and alluded to it also in a couple of interviews. But the best source of info is his team tactics that you can see on the pitch... you can physically see his tactic if you watch matches.

Archived