IGNORED

You choose... Pick an ex player as manager

Fordy62

45 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

To my understanding Manor Farm manager has a job lined up with another team in Herefords league and plans on taking most of his squad over. Could be just talk though.

Next season they ( manor farm)  will be in the league that Hereford are currently in,won't they? 

28 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Paul Hartley. He'd frighten the fans into cheering :shocking: :city:

I forget which game it was, Hartley took a direct free kick half way between the half way line and the goal and the ball screamed in top corner. It was a fantastic free kick...

3 minutes ago, ontariored said:

I forget which game it was, Hartley took a direct free kick half way between the half way line and the goal and the ball screamed in top corner. It was a fantastic free kick...

it was against Watford, 2009. I've just put a link on the interesting read thread, there is also highlights on the City player…it was a cracker!

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Lansdown has had several goes at this game and has proven each time that he's rubbish at it. None more spectacular than the current incumbent.

So I figure it's my turn. 

So I pick Ade Akinbiyi. For no real reason other than the fact that I loved him. I'm not sure he'd be as articulate, but the players would respect him, otherwise he'd choke slam them into next week! And he wouldn't do any worse.

So who would you choose? And why?

Mick Harford. His way or the BRI.

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

To my understanding Manor Farm manager has a job lined up with another team in Herefords league and plans on taking most of his squad over. Could be just talk though.

Lee Lashenko. Definitely puts his money where his mouth is. Pays very very well for Toolstation

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Is the correct and only answer. Gutted you beat me to it actually.

i would have thought Russell Bromage would have been up there if you wanted red haired light weight crap as a manager ;) 

Some randoms for you.

Vergard Hansen has been manager for over 10 years at a Norwegian team, got them promoted to the top flight for last season and then relegated back.

Jehad Muntasser is a consultant at Al-Ahli the Dubai team players keep retiring to. He also runs a show on Dubai TV to find an undiscovered Arabic footballer.

Lee Johnson has managed unsuccessfully in the lower leagues, broken lots of losing records, and in his current role, has spent £15m and done largely exactly the same.

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Next season they ( manor farm)  will be in the league that Hereford are currently in,won't they? 

Unless they chuck way a minimum 6 point lead then yes (think thats the current worst case once ganes in hand are taken into account)

Promotion is optional, one side (Bideford?) refused promotion for about 4 years depsite winning the league comfortably each time because of increased travel costs, but I'm certain that Manor Farm would take promotion as there was statement about possible promotion last year.

Western League sides promoted into the Southern League often do well in the first season up

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Mick Harford. His way or the BRI.

I always thought if I was going to be a manager he'd be my 1st choice as assistant.

Let's be honest no matter how bad you were at the job no ****** is going to mess with you if you have the hardest player I've ever seen stood right next to you, are they?

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I always thought if I was going to be a manager he'd be my 1st choice as assistant.

Let's be honest no matter how bad you were at the job no ****** is going to mess with you if you have the hardest player I've ever seen stood right next to you, are they?

Harford v Billy Whitehurst 

Ouch !

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bless him - He was (Not sure if still) coaching at PNE

The u13's. (seriously)

Makes me chuckle as he'd look like one of the small kids 

Maybe in his spare time, but has actually been a Business Manager for NatWest for several years.

Archived