IGNORED

The Official Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

You've probably finished off Wigan there. Feel for Warren Joyce but glad they are going down all in all. Wigan fans are deluded at times.

We have Blackburn away next weekend so I hope we can beat them for you......although I suspect the game which will decide everything is when you go there towards the end of April.

• Like 12
8 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

today was poor again we where no better than we where against Burton only difference was today we got a bit of luck and got the ball over the line,

if we play like that on Friday we will be taking a beating from a very good team,

we probable need to win 5 of our last 10 and playing like today i dont see that happen,

Especially as we only have 9 games left ! ha ha !

Made a last minute decision to go if only to tick off another ground. 

Scrappy game lack of quality. 

First half we started ok but Wigan came more and more into it and Frankie made a couple of good saves.

Second half Wigan faded and for some reason took off their best player Obertan. City finished stronger and just about deserved the win. 

Afraid to say Taylor will never be a Championship player. Tomlin believe it or not worked hard and did ok. Flint was a rock. 

Wigan have a similar defender Jake Buxton nothing got past him. 

Small minority started Johnson out chants during the game but were quickly drowned out

• Like 2

Agree to some extent regarding Tomlin. Still seemed a bit shy when it came to chasing down. Pity both his free kicks went into the wall. 

Taylor looked run out when he went off. Not a great showing. 

Tammy has picked up where he left off. Thankfully. 

Thought LJ looked very forced with his congratulations to the team at the end. 

Missed Hegeler in midfield. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

I've given Flint a lot of stick, but that could be the goal that keeps up in this division. Credit where credit is due n all that.

Agree, I have to give credit where it is due to.

Edit: Disappointed to see criticisms of Matty Taylor, feel that from recent matches a selection of fans find it hard to see a decent player and not a former Rovers player.

Edited by OddBallJim
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

You've probably finished off Wigan there. Feel for Warren Joyce but glad they are going down all in all. Wigan fans are deluded at times.

We have Blackburn away next weekend so I hope we can beat them for you......although I suspect the game which will decide everything is when you go there towards the end of April.

Another great win for you today. I'd make Simon Grayson Championship manager of the year for what he has done with limited resources.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

How dare LJ over see a win in a 6 pointer game!!

Genuine question, do you still think LJ is the right manager to establish us quickly in the championship and then take us on to challenge at the top? You seem to be getting excited about us getting a win, one of only a couple in the last three million games or so it feels...

I've heard that an attention grabbing hobbit had the audacity to join our hard-working, sweat-breaking, winning players at the end of the Wigan game whilst grinning & clapping the City fans in the away end? Any truth?

Because at home, he would normally cup his ears at full time, turn left and sprint down the (now, thankfully much closer) tunnel, incoherently mumbling, 'Daddy, daddy. They are booing me again!'

46 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Genuine question, do you still think LJ is the right manager to establish us quickly in the championship and then take us on to challenge at the top? You seem to be getting excited about us getting a win, one of only a couple in the last three million games or so it feels...

My excitement about winning is because BCFC have won, nothing more nothing less.

I genuinely don't know. My head is torn and has been for a while. I brought into the project and to begin with it was all rosey. Despite our bad run there has been positives.  Its just frustrating that those positives get outweighed by the negatives. 

I really want it to work out with LJ because in time he will be a good manager but maybe it's too soon for him?

I don't think without him we would have players like Tammy. LJ is a highly regarded coach in football and thats why we secured the services of Tammy.

I think the problem is too many changes were made in a short space of time. Those changes were needed but when you sign all those players it's going to take a while to find your best team and get them to gel.

What's certain is he's here until the end of the season at least. For me it's these 10 games that will decide if he's up to taking us forward.

Get to the end of season and then this season needs to be picked apart by the powers that be.