IGNORED

What has LJ got to do....

35 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

To win back the fans?

He's here for the long run so what has he got to do to get us back on side?

personally,

Keep us in this division and win more games then lose next time round, not really bothered where we end up just not in a f*cking relegation battle again and then I may have a little incy bit of faith in him.

So what's he got to do for you guys?

Walk. 

8 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

JP managed 4 games, we were by no means safe. So what if he inherited a squad that wasn't his? What is that even supposed to mean? That doesn't discredit the good work he did in that period. Most teams that are successful in the Championship don't cruise to victories, it's incredibly competitive and is down to small margins. A lot of the games we've lost have been scrappy results gone against us.

I'm not defending the run we've been on, but I won't ignore everything that came before it either.

LJ was brought in to start a project.. Build a dynasty if you will. Yes he did alright keeping Cotterills team ticking along and keeping us up, but that isnt the true test of what a football manager is made of. His real work started in the summer with his first transfer window... Building a team, a philosophy, a footballing style that would lead us upwards backed by Lansdowns millions. It has been a spectacular colossal failure. You can go on until the cows come home about how we were just about average at the tail end of last season, but what we are currently watching is the real fruit of his work and thats what he should be judged on.

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

For me he just has to keep winning. Fans come around to winning sides. I think he'll be here whether we stay up or go down but he'll have a lot more patience from fans if he does the former. I think the form(and it's been historically bad) just gives ammunition to everyone. What I mean is everything he does has been put under the microscope because we haven't been winning. Fair enough, he is the one in charge and he should get the pressure. However, there are good sides who rotate and change formations in certain games and change it during. 

Anyway, this is not an argument to keep him. He's done more than enough(or not enough) to get the sack. I'm fine with that and I won't argue he should stay. If it comes down to him staying and we stay up then I'm taking that option every time. I don't follow all that talk about his father and him telling players they are crap and what his father thinks about them. To me, sounds very sensational. May be true and may not be. I just want us to win and stay up. Seems LJ is staying so I hope fans come back around to him at some point because that means more 3 point games and less 0 point ones

He'll be gone when ST sales go over a cliff.

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

LJ was brought in to start a project.. Build a dynasty if you will. Yes he did alright keeping Cotterills team ticking along and keeping us up, but that isnt the true test of what a football manager is made of. His real work started in the summer with his first transfer window... Building a team, a philosophy, a footballing style that would lead us upwards backed by Lansdowns millions. It has been a spectacular colossal failure. You can go on until the cows come home about how we were just about average at the tail end of last season, but what we are currently watching is the real fruit of his work and thats what he should be judged on.

He built a squad that started the season off extremely well, he was hit by the loss of Kodjia without a replacement, countless games where players missed clear-cut chances and we lost by the odd goal that showed that it clearly wasn't tactics at fault. When confidence goes it can be extremely difficult to regain but we're showing signs of moving upwards recently. I can only think of two games where we've been properly outclassed this season (Brighton and Fulham at home), the rest have been down to fine margins, and a lack of confidence certainly will play a part in that. We've started getting back on the better side again recently though.

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Hence I said start of the season 

I don't see how you wouldn't see any games where we have gained two clean sheets as a positive unless you just assume results are a given based on a club's reputation? Not how it works. Regardless of your thoughts at the start of the season, in the context of the season, we have certainly shown positive signs in recent weeks.

5 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

He'll be gone when ST sales go over a cliff.

And he'll deserve it. Just saying winning has a way with people. If we won 5 and drew 2 of the last 9 you might even get people "bouncing around the ground." Not saying you would or I would but in today's sports your only as good as your last game. Me I just want us to stay up no matter what or who

39 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

To win back the fans?

personally,

Keep us in this division and win more games then lose next time round, not really bothered where we end up just not in a f*cking relegation battle again and then I may have a little incy bit of faith in him. 

There's only one thing he could do from my point of view and that's to leave, as I wouldn't want to see him at our club next season, regardless of whether he keeps us up or not.

He's turned this club into a mess and I'd never trust him to avoid another horrendous losing streak and shit football again.

He's had his chance and blown it, so we need somone in who actually knows what he's doing next season, so that obviously excludes LJ.

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

And he'll deserve it. Just saying winning has a way with people. If we won 5 and drew 2 of the last 9 you might even get people "bouncing around the ground." Not saying you would or I would but in today's sports your only as good as your last game. Me I just want us to stay up no matter what or who

Same here, but I definitely want him gone.

53 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

To win back the fans?

personally,

Maybe one of the suggestions from the several other threads asking the same question?

Feet on the ground. We beat an equally dire side today who were League One last year. We nicked it 1-0. We hardly set the world on fire. We need to keep on winning because as good as the last few weeks have been in terms of picking up some points those around us have picked up more points than us! 

I thought we would lose today but Wigan must be a poor side because they have struggled to score goals themselves. The team need to pick up wins against the better sides now for us to stay up.

As for what Lee needs to do? Well, he hasn't made progress this season and regardless of the result today we have been piss poor since October and that is a sacking anywhere else, so god knows what he has to do apart from ending the season really strong like last year but I can't for the life of me see that happening.

40 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Stop talking bollocks

Pick a consistent XI

Play a consistent formation

Win games

As Above.

It is not going to be easy, but winning enough games to keep us up.

We are in deep trouble and a result on Friday is imperative

Smith at RB worked ok today. If that is the best option then so be it. But lets be consistent from here. I don't like JB at LB but LJ obviously does not fancy Golbourne. So we go again

Tomlin did well today and was a handful. I like Taylor-Tammy....why not!  

GON has to keep us solid in midfield.

We have a winning team lets just keep it and get behind it on Friday. As much as I can not stand LJ its all down to him so lets hope SL sees something most dont, for once!

45 minutes ago, LC_ said:

He could start by taking accountability for presiding over what's been an absolute car crash of a season, spent a fortune assembling a bloated squad that other than against the bottom 2 teams in the league, hasn't managed a win since October. If he could hold his hands up, accept that his tactics have been woeful at best and that hes lucky SL has kept him on, then that would be a good start. But I think we all know LJ isn't the sort of character to do that.

I agree, show some humility and acknowledge what a balls up this has been, and acknowledge the fans whonhave had to put up with it. He knows this is a big chance for him, and he isnt going to walk away.

What has he got to do? Well his talked about trusting his players now he has to gain the trust of the fans. To do this he must win games, convince people he knows what he is doing and can communicate that to the players and get them playing with some sort of consistency. He has to convey what the club means to him and mean it.  Have a cool head to stop all those around them losing theirs and really feel the club. He has to be aware of what relegation would mean and give sensible answers to questions asked. He needs to give his own thoughts, not scripted soundbites. He needs to stand on his own two feet and accept the advice from others who also have the good of the club as their main objective, and seperate that from any who don't, but ultimately trust his own judgement. He apparently has all the knowledge and badges, now make the learning count.

LJ won't turn a large section of the fans now. Even if we manage to stay up. From a "customer" point of view, I am afraid he's gone from "not sure" to a "toxic brand". 

And as long as he keeps picking teams and formations from the tombola, rather than based on form or ability, then it won't get better. And the longer SL has stubbornly kept him in post the worse it has got. Remember that our 2 wins in the last 18 matches have been 1-0 against the bottom 2 clubs. Hardly inspiring stuff!

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

To win back the fans?

personally,

Wow, you set the bar high don't you?

Burnt his bridges as far as i'm concerned. Only reason he's still here is cos him and his old man are besties mates with the Lansdown clan. Shouldn't have been given the job in the first place if we were serious about kicking on. Should have done the honourable thing and resigned at the end of our record breaking run of losses. Can't be bothered to go on!

Bloke is a total liability.

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

To win back the fans?

personally,

I personally do not believe that he is capable of producing a team/tactics that will bring consistent results but hey ho we appear to be stuck with him, for me I still see a struggle next season and what will SL do December once the rot has set in again?.

What has he got to do?, cut out the lies and bullshit would be a start, I believe his interviews especially post match have been embarrassing and just full of bullshit and blaming everybody but himself.

Archived