IGNORED

I really hope...

GJS

Lee Johnson proves himself to be a good manager. 

Whether it's with us or with another club. He has been subject to some horrific abuse on this forum and it will be a massive finger in the faces of those who have been giving him abuse if he does. I know he has made some shocking decisions this season but he is still a young manager and it clear he is still learning his trade.

I would love to see some of you half wits do better. 

COYR.

I hope he will do much better

1) don't play championship manager or whatever

2) most if not all my tackles would have seen me sent off but I loved the sliding tackle from behind (had no pace)

3) he knows far more about modern football than I do

4) let him manage until his boss says no

36 minutes ago, GJS said:

Whether it's with us or with another club. He has been subject to some horrific abuse on this forum and it will be a massive finger in the faces of those who have been giving him abuse if he does. I know he has made some shocking decisions this season but he is still a young manager and it clear he is still learning his trade.

COYR.

Our club and the championship is not a bloody teaching academy for wanna-be managers. It is not a “learn on the job” apprenticeship. He should have learnt his trade before coming here and at most “fine tuned” it at our club. Would you get on a plane with a pilot learning “what flashing button thing does what bruv?” Would you let your kidney be taken out by someone learning on the job, perhaps on a work experience placement? Perhaps they could balance the anatomy textbook on your liver to help work out which squishy red bit is which as you bleed out. No, med students practice on cadavers to ensure they don’t kill the patient, which is what LJ is doing: Killing our club. The only reason he is here is the family/club connection. Otherwise he would still be learning his trade like the majority of good managers have, in the lower leagues, or as a number two under an old hand, gaining experience. And before you go on about coaching badges, Danny Murphy said himself that he knew all that stuff when he was 12. A good grounding, sure, but not an end product; something LJ needs to provide a whole lot more of. The only people who seem to know less about football is the FA, FIFA, England managers, or our board. LJ may have been good for us in ten or fifteen years time. Really good. But that sure as hell ain’t today. Long balls wacked upfield to a 5ft odd striker against a 6ft odd defender today? Moronic.

56 minutes ago, GJS said:

COYR.

Great, complain about people abusing him then call them 'half wits' ..... class

1 hour ago, GJS said:

COYR.

What a joke OP. He has been paid well and has done a shocking job. If he is still learning he shouldnt of been here ffs.

Cronyism is the only reason he got the job and is the only reason he is still here and if he loved the club as much as he says he does he would of resigned after forest. 

Im sorry but he has got off lightly imo. And no maybe some of us couldnt do better, although some of probably could but then we arent ones being paid a fortune to do so. Also we werent the ones that got through the rigorous recruitment process to be described as a sought after young coach.

1 hour ago, GJS said:

COYR.

He shouldn't be "learning his trade" here.  Cheltenham would be sufficient..... if you want to step aside!

1 hour ago, GJS said:

COYR.

He has been given no more abuse than any other failing manager. The problem is his shocking decisions could still have an impact on us next season because sadly for us he will still be in charge championship or league 1.

1 hour ago, GJS said:

COYR.

Garbage. He is being paid for results. If he gets a few now then good on him. Do you really think SL was paying him for a relegation battle after what he has spent. 

He has had better support than any manager has ever got in any vaguely similar circumstances. 1000 at Wigan today and the last two away games of 2500 minimum bare that out. 

5hit on a forum is part and parcel of the situation he lead us to. Stop manking about the supporters fella they have been brilliant and I for one am sick of reading toss about how they have been toward him. 

Get some results Lee! That's what you are paid for by the supporters who have followed us YOU!!!! everywhere!!

1 hour ago, GJS said:

COYR.

City win and they come out of the woodwork,nobody wishes ill on Johnson and I hope he makes a career out of management (can't see it tho) it's just not going to happen here

1 hour ago, GJS said:

COYR.

Us supposed half wits are not given contracts worth thousands of pounds to do better. The thing you have stated you "would love" to see.

Your own post demonstrates the "horrific" nature of otib, paradoxically.

41 minutes ago, smokey live said:

He has been given no more abuse than any other failing manager. The problem is his shocking decisions could still have an impact on us next season because sadly for us he will still be in charge championship or league 1.

I would disagree, he's received the worst abuse I remember, especially worse than O'Driscoll who was on course to have is relegated from league one. 

7 hours ago, GJS said:

COYR.

He's unmitigated bollocks. 

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

City win and they come out of the woodwork,nobody wishes ill on Johnson and I hope he makes a career out of management (can't see it tho) it's just not going to happen here

Our local Co op is after a manager. Mind you the aisles would be changed around every week.

7 hours ago, GJS said:

COYR.

"Horrific abuse". Where? A few swear words aside, almost all the criticism of LJ has been based on his confused team selections, lack of consistent approach, poor performances, failure to get anywhere near the best from an expensive squad, and increasingly out-of-touch post-match comments. All fair game if you're a manager of a professional football club earning a lot of money.

As for us "half wits" doing better. If you picked someone at random from the phone book and gave them that squad, I would suggest many people would manage more than 2 wins in 300 games or whatever it is now, if only by chance alone.

7 hours ago, GJS said:

COYR.

WE aren't paid to do his job. Why should we worry about whether we could do a better job. We know of other managers who could, that's the point. 

If he can't do it we should move on to the next. 

Learning his trade? With respect, maybe he should gain success at a much lower level first. 

He has, demonstrably, achingly little understanding of the game. 

8 hours ago, GJS said:

COYR.

Dear Mrs J, please can your son go back to footy management school and reapply on completion of his diploma. Until then, please realise that he is being paid extremely well and given more cash to spend on players than any other coach in recent BCFC history.

i am sorry you feel he is being bullied by some nasty words on OTIB, but please be reassured that he has had a very smooth ride. An example is that he achieved a record of the number of continued losses in the history of the club, but still kept his job.

If you still feel he is being hard done by, please write to his friend Mr Lansdown who will tell the nasty fans off.

Many regards

Mr Ain't Life-tuff

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"Horrific abuse". Where? A few swear words aside, almost all the criticism of LJ has been based on his confused team selections, lack of consistent approach, poor performances, failure to get anywhere near the best from an expensive squad, and increasingly out-of-touch post-match comments. All fair game if you're a manager of a professional football club earning a lot of money.

As for us "half wits" doing better. If you picked someone at random from the phone book and gave them that squad, I would suggest many people would manage more than 2 wins in 300 games or whatever it is now, if only by chance alone.

Chimps and typewriters......

9 hours ago, milo1111 said:

What a joke OP. He has been paid well and has done a shocking job. If he is still learning he shouldnt of been here ffs.

Cronyism is the only reason he got the job and is the only reason he is still here and if he loved the club as much as he says he does he would of resigned after forest. 

Im sorry but he has got off lightly imo. And no maybe some of us couldnt do better, although some of probably could but then we arent ones being paid a fortune to do so. Also we werent the ones that got through the rigorous recruitment process to be described as a sought after young coach.

Must have been ever so rigorous for SL to have to picked the phone up, called LJ and asked if he fancied a crack at this management malarkey.

10 hours ago, GJS said:

COYR.

You really are joking aren't you? A decent honest and non egotistical person would have resigned at least two months ago. He has had three or four years as a manager and clearly has not learnt very much.

Most of the tactics used are so reminiscent of his father, that is now apparent to me, who is pulling the strings of our little marionette.

10 hours ago, GJS said:

COYR.

Sadly fella, as honourable & laudable as your post is, i think you're going to run into a brick wall here....

The shocking decisions you refer to? He shouldn't be making such basic & simple mistakes at this level - he still doesn't know his best team, his best formation etc and he really should've worked that out by know. All the constant 'play someone/drop someone' doesn't endear him to the fans.

And the endless stream of excuses after games doesn't sit well either....if he just had enough about himself to come out and say 'yep, got that wrong....' but he can't (or more likely won't) bring himself to do so.

And i might suggest that some of the 'half wits' (as you so politely call us..) on here have sufficient commonsense & nous to get a proper tune out of this squad of players than the current manager does.

As for the abuse on here? Some of it is inane, childish (little Lee? really..?), some of it is undoubtedly personal...but LJ won't be reading it, trust me.

The support for the team has been unwavering, and that's the key - supporting the team, not the manager, despite the disaster trip we've been on this season. And it will always be about the team.

It's just about survival this season now, which is a real shame. But that's the reality. And whether LJ is here or not, his learning on the job and inconsistencies & stubborness will ultimately shape his career. I wish him no ill and hope he does go onto have a decent managerial career, but i fear it won't be for us.

7 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Sadly fella, as honourable & laudable as your post is, i think you're going to run into a brick wall here....

The shocking decisions you refer to? He shouldn't be making such basic & simple mistakes at this level - he still doesn't know his best team, his best formation etc and he really should've worked that out by know. All the constant 'play someone/drop someone' doesn't endear him to the fans.

And the endless stream of excuses after games doesn't sit well either....if he just had enough about himself to come out and say 'yep, got that wrong....' but he can't (or more likely won't) bring himself to do so.

And i might suggest that some of the 'half wits' (as you so politely call us..) on here have sufficient commonsense & nous to get a proper tune out of this squad of players than the current manager does.

As for the abuse on here? Some of it is inane, childish (little Lee? really..?), some of it is undoubtedly personal...but LJ won't be reading it, trust me.

The support for the team has been unwavering, and that's the key - supporting the team, not the manager, despite the disaster trip we've been on this season. And it will always be about the team.

It's just about survival this season now, which is a real shame. But that's the reality. And whether LJ is here or not, his learning on the job and inconsistencies & stubborness will ultimately shape his career. I wish him no ill and hope he does go onto have a decent managerial career, but i fear it won't be for us.

I very much HOPE it won't be with us!

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Not really honourable, referring to LJ sceptics as half-wits. Still, a father's love knows no bounds....:whistle:

Archived