IGNORED

Happy Clappers

Simon79

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the term Happy Clapper is a bit hypocritical? I mean it's directed at people who are, shall we say more tolerant of the current situation. Yet imo, could it not also be directed at people who seem to be only happy/supportive when we are winning? Just a thought. COYR 

11 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the term Happy Clapper is a bit hypocritical? I mean it's directed at people who are, shall we say more tolerant of the current situation. Yet imo, could it not also be directed at people who seem to be only happy/supportive when we are winning? Just a thought. COYR 

Happy clapper is term created by those wish to belittle supporters who want to turn up and support their team.  I assume to mask their own inadequacy (in their own heads, no one elses) in terms of support. 

What other possible reason could their be to abuse your own supportive fans.

Now I am not a 'Happy Clapper' but I won't try to demonise those who want to support the team the club and the manager. Fair play, you have a stronger empathy and belief in the club than me.. and for that they should be applauded not abused.

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

Happy clapper is term created by those wish to belittle supporters who want to turn up and support their team.

Apparently there were fans at Wigan yesterday singing Johnson out songs. 

You would think if the happy clappers are blindly following the team, then this sort of the thing wouldn't happen at away games. 

Its just a label to throw out at people when opinions don't match. 

1 minute ago, sodburyred said:

I have a mate who's been to 2 or 3 games this season yet constantly tells me LJ is a good manager and will turn it around. I'd consider him a happy clapper. 

Not just a part time fan like me then?

2 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

I have a mate who's been to 2 or 3 games this season yet constantly tells me LJ is a good manager and will turn it around. I'd consider him a happy clapper. 

Is his name Ellis Harrison..?

I don't like the term either, I think it has specifically taken root at City going back a decade or more given that a group of people around the Atyeo tunnel would clap literally everyone and anything even after horrific performances. From memory that was the origin of the first mentions and it has since become a "label".

I agree it's not even an accurate description. I think we need something more appropriate so I hereby propose one of the following:

• Cairo Riverboats
  • Aswan Dams
  • Luxor Temples

(because they're all in denial).

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

I don't like the term either, I think it has specifically taken root at City going back a decade or more given that a group of people around the Atyeo tunnel would clap literally everyone and anything even after horrific performances. From memory that was the origin of the first mentions and it has since become a "label".

I agree it's not even an accurate description. I think we need something more appropriate so I hereby propose one of the following:

• Cairo Riverboats
  • Aswan Dams
  • Luxor Temples

Bilharzia?

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

• Cairo Riverboats
  • Aswan Dams
  • Luxor Temples

I have to say i can't agree with the clapping of Holloway. That's not happy clapping that is just wrong :)

1 hour ago, Olé said:

• Cairo Riverboats
  • Aswan Dams
  • Luxor Temples

Crocodiles?

Let's not get too worked up about a term like "Happy Clappers" - as far as I know the Policitcally Correct Brigade have not yet deemed this as offensive and likely to hurt people's feelings.

Next thing we know, someone on here is going to propose we have group-hugs and then people will start saying things like " Release your inner-child,  "I hear what you're saying" and "I feel your pain"

28 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

TOP DEFINITION

happy clapper

a happy clapper is seriously religious person, most often used in connection with reference to a re-born or new-born christian. 

can also be used as a describtion of someone naive or easy to please.

That is the meaning of the word, and it's used all over the internet, mainly when people try defending positions on faith and not facts.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

I can't see how anyone can be a happy clapper.

As someone with a particularly virulent strain of the clap, I can assure you it leaves me anything but happy.

Your avatar, is this a happy crapper?

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They released a single yesterday after the class victory over a side which is also in the bottom 3.

They are so ecstatic now and firmly believe that LJ is the messiah and we are indeed staying up.

IMG_2202.JPG

:clapping:

So that I don't break the forum rules (you shouldn't just reply with a emoji), I have to give some surrounding text and talk a load of bollocks for a bit.

I don't consider myself a 'happy clapper' but I'm definitely one of those that don't see anything & everything that is negative within the club.

So what is the term for those that I see as only being happy when they have something negative to revel in? Because there seem to be a lot of people over the last few months that have only been happy when the football club have been losing, the players have been struggling & they can blame EVERYTHING as LJ's fault.

I can think of a few terms but none of which will get past the swear filter on otib.

People need to put things into perspective, there are a lot worse things going on in people's everyday life than your football team losing & the massive over reaction that has caused!!

Archived