IGNORED

Grasping at straws

supercidered

After a massive result yesterday, I thought I would have a look at our relegation rivals fixture lists. Burton in particular looks pretty daunting and so does Wolves. Ours isn't great but does look better than some of the others. It could be that it comes down to Brum on last day, I would probably take that as it goes!

52 minutes ago, supercidered said:

After a massive result yesterday, I thought I would have a look at our relegation rivals fixture lists. Burton in particular looks pretty daunting and so does Wolves. Ours isn't great but does look better than some of the others. It could be that it comes down to Brum on last day, I would probably take that as it goes!

They could end up sealing our fate again like they virtually did in 1999.

After Akinbiyi gave us hope only to be undone by Ndlovu's cheating dive for a penalty and Dave howells suicidal back pass.

2 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

After Akinbiyi gave us hope only to be undone by Ndlovu's cheating dive for a penalty and Dave howells suicidal back pass.

You're dredging up some very dark memories :sad26:

3 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Didn't they beat us to send us down last time as well ? 

When the club thought it would be fun to play always look on the bright side of life at the final whistle 

38 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

When the club thought it would be fun to play always look on the bright side of life at the final whistle 

O'Driscoll was furious that it was 'disrespectful' but I felt it was fair enough as Tim couldn't find a record called "Why Didn't You Try Something Different From The Last Manager You Mumbling Egotistical Black Country  Bufoon?!"

59 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If we go down this year we could all gather around the centre circle and sing

IMG_1898.JPG

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

I was just doing the same re our rivals' fixture lists. Made me feel better (foolishly perhaps!). How about we send Birmingham down on the last day?! Their form is poor and, on paper, their run in looks tough.

8 minutes ago, eardun said:

I was just doing the same re our rivals' fixture lists. Made me feel better (foolishly perhaps!). How about we send Birmingham down on the last day?! Their form is poor and, on paper, their run in looks tough.

Because knowing our luck they'll sack Zola in the last week of the season and get a result against us 

52 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If we go down this year we could all gather around the centre circle and sing

IMG_1898.JPG

Can't do that, go on the pitch and you'll end up getting banned and not be allowed to watch next ye ........ hang on , I'm in :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

O'Driscoll was furious that it was 'disrespectful' but I felt it was fair enough as Tim couldn't find a record called "Why Didn't You Try Something Different From The Last Manager You Mumbling Egotistical Black Country  Bufoon?!"

A Half Man Half Biscuit b-side wasn't it?

While we're straw clutching just had a quick look, and I think maybe we need 45/46 points. So as little as 8 points might be enough.
Problem is I'm shit at picking results and at this time of the year there will always be a few shocks but .......
Even the most pessimistic of Reds maybe cheered a little by looking at Wolves,Blackburn and Wigan's remaining fixtures. Of course that can be countered by looking at ours.

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While we're straw clutching just had a quick look, and I think maybe we need 45/46 points. So as little as 8 points might be enough.
Problem is I'm shit at picking results and at this time of the year there will always be a few shocks but .......
Even the most pessimistic of Reds maybe cheered a little by looking at Wolves,Blackburn and Wigan's remaining fixtures. Of course that can be countered by looking at ours.

On paper, I would say Burton have a hard run in. Yes they have been picking up good points recently, but in their last ten they have Huddersfield, Reading, Leeds and Newcastle still to go. If we can pick 3 more points up over the next ten games than them, I fancy we will be ok.

Easy on paper!

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Easy on paper!

Shame we play on grass :whistle:

It's all down to us, still. We really do need an upturn in form soon, 90 minute games not 45. Quick look says Wolves , Brum , QPR and Barnsley , along with the 6 pointer at Blackburn are our best chance of getting points. But we need wins not draws, going to be tight and I'd rather we were safe before the Birmingham home game.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Shame we play on grass :whistle:

It's all down to us, still. We really do need an upturn in form soon, 90 minute games not 45. Quick look says Wolves , Brum , QPR and Barnsley , along with the 6 pointer at Blackburn are our best chance of getting points. But we need wins not draws, going to be tight and I'd rather we were safe before the Birmingham home game.

I think Brentford away is winnable too

Archived