IGNORED

The criticsism of Mark Ashton

BCFC J

9 hours ago, Turbored said:

He needs to go on and justify why Johnson still has a job and why he thinks he can turn it round. I don't know one person who thinks Johnson can so I would really like to have his and Lansdowns perspective as I like many other people really are puzzled to why he is still here.

Have I missed something? I thought MA was brought in to focus on player recruitment not to justify the managers job status? Or am I wrong? I would expect SL and the board to provide you/us with the views of why the manager is employed.

7 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Exactly from what I've said about MA in another post. He's done his job. If people want their fix at moaning about someone, then it should be Lansdown. It's funny how back in the summer everyone was saying great things about Ashton. 

He's the COO, not the CEO. Even as a COO, you are still somewhat "controlled" by the CEO. So of course he has to be careful of what he says. I honestly believe that in his mind he thinks LJ should be gone. However, if the CEO wants that man in charge, then publicly Mark Ashton has to represent Lansdowns opinion, even if he does not agree with it.

This, I very much suspect, is the real truth of the matter.

You mark my human words...

I really hoped that with the MA appointment that was when SL really started to let a 'football man' run the show, for whatever reason it hasn't worked.  Boiling it down to the basics either MA isn't any good or SL is still pulling all the strings.

I know where I'd put my money.

9 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I really hoped that with the MA appointment that was when SL really started to let a 'football man' run the show, for whatever reason it hasn't worked.  Boiling it down to the basics either MA isn't any good or SL is still pulling all the strings.

Or both ?

To some degree at least ?

MA is Head Of Football Operations so whether he likes it or not the brown stuff isn't going to miss completely

Because of LJs pitiful performance and SLs obvious overlord status it's difficult to gauge Ashton IMHO

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or both ?

To some degree at least ?

MA is Head Of Football Operations so whether he likes it or not the brown stuff isn't going to miss completely

Because of LJs pitiful performance and SLs obvious overlord status it's difficult to gauge Ashton IMHO

Agreed, that's why I'd have liked an independent interview, I can see why it didn't happen though.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Agreed, that's why I'd have liked an independent interview, I can see why it didn't happen though.

More chance of you becoming vice chairman Rum !!!

Do,you really think SL would want people to know what actually went on in recent years !!!

People have short memories - It isn't just about the current shambles

The goings on behind the scenes in Summer of 2015 was an almighty cluster***** too

One mess is negligent , two in two years is inexcusable IMHO

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not exactly blaming the fans, but talking over and over about negativity in the crowd and NO mention of the balls-up by the Head Coach. Last time i saw him interviewed anyway.

And Johnsons classic a couple of weeks back when he said he was 'Fed up with all the negativity' !!!

Really Lee , well that's easily solved 

Bye

12 minutes ago, shelts said:

:laugh:. Have heard it said but haven't read it as a direct quote from the owner. Point me in the right direction I will take a look. 

Well, we haven't heard from him in a while.. For all I know he might be praising the long-suffering fans and finally seeing what a pig's ear LJ is making of it all

I'm not holding my breathe

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not exactly blaming the fans, but talking over and over about negativity in the crowd and NO mention of the balls-up by the Head Coach. Last time i saw him interviewed anyway.

Cheers . Fans have been brilliant considering. Not sure any club after a season like ours would not have a little negatively around it. Our owner will always back his horse and that means possibly playing in league one again. Sad times 

53 minutes ago, RumRed said:

In the bank?

I'm sure at some point we will hear that "Mr Ashton is no longer required in the Atyeo Stand" (yeah I know) but until then he's probably as much in the middle as Pembo was in terms of the power plays going on at AG. 

Yes, he sounds a bit like a manager, but I like to think of him more as a chilled out entertainer.

9 hours ago, cityboy said:

Really good post, I agree completely. This time last season, and the start of this, he was a hero on here. Funny what a losing run does to supporters looking for reasons/blame. I'm really not sure how he hasn't done his job here and done it well at that.

Really,  plenty on here including myself have always questioned Ashton suitability for his role at the club.

First of all, can I express how disappointed on how this amazing club is being run, how on earth LJ is still our manager I really don't know.

But hear is a thought of a reason why MA didn't appear on Jeff Twentyman's show, maybe he does not agree 100% with LJ still being our manager, but has to say he is during a totally rehearsed club interview where all questions were pre-answered!

The "process" focuses on tactical awareness (fail), Mark's history of appointing managers who are young (tick) upcoming (debatable) and bright (can talk the talk - less bothered about walking the walk) who are hungry (by now LJ must be starving considering our position) with a desire to succeed (ability to succeed/proven track record more appropriate surely?) 

MA's appointment is LJ. Responsibility lies with him.

14 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

The "process" focuses on tactical awareness (fail), Mark's history of appointing managers who are young (tick) upcoming (debatable) and bright (can talk the talk - less bothered about walking the walk) who are hungry (by now LJ must be starving considering our position) with a desire to succeed (ability to succeed/proven track record more appropriate surely?) 

MA's appointment is LJ. Responsibility lies with him.

Johnson was brought in to keep us up, he did that, he also was doing a good job up until November, Ashton however can't sack him, he hasn't got the power too, Lansdown and Dawe have, thats where the criticism should be going,

If you by a car that 3 months later the manufacturer recalls due to a fault, do you blame the person who sells you the car or the manufacturer? 

Archived