IGNORED

Wes Burns, Derrick Williams and Ayling..

Lew-T

2 hours ago, redapple said:

You were there with them and knew what went on then were you Knobhead ? 

From what I recall 2 players from other clubs were the ones involved. Ayling and all the other City lads were in the same private box. 

I think Ayling made an apology ( no doubt written for him by the Club Press Office) to say he regretted events and anything that had disenhanced the clubs image. Basically he was hung out to dry by the club. 

How was he hung out to dry by the club? he was an employee of Bristol City and he was involved with what happened by acting irresponsibly...he was happy to watch some fool piss in a glass and chuck urine over the balcony. If you're caught acting like a clown in that capacity then you deserve to be disciplined especially when its splashed across the media

5 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That's because they're seeing with their own eyes what he brings to the table and not just using his stats off of Wikipedia. 

I work with three regulars at the Amex who rate him very highly. 

Another quality footballer whose brain enables him to be seconds ahead. Not appreciated by many on here though. Players must relish being criticised on OTIB ! 

As it happens I think we've still got some top quality players who could go far in the Prem or Championship. It just needs a decent Coach to get the best of a unit . Bring in Steve McLaren . I've got an Umbrella he can use. 

8 hours ago, KingLear said:

Ah hindsight.....you wonderful thing.

Come on there's a whole plethora of reasons that a player leaves a club. Why is it always 'well done City you ****** up again'?

In the case of Freeman for example, he was offered a new contract and turned it down, at that point you sell or let him go for free in the summer. I can imagine the uproar if we had let him leave for free after turning down money for him a few months earlier.

Many of the players mentioned on this thread (if not all) weren't guaranteed first team football at the club so went somewhere where they'd be playing regularly. It's surely not a surprise then that someone playing week in week out will get themselves goals/assists etc.

As much as people don't want to hear it, we simply aren't a big enough club in this league to stop a player's head being turned by an offer from elsewhere. Not all of them can be 'one of our own' and for the more talented ones (read Kodjia, Heaton etc) no one can blame someone for wanting to advance their career and earn more money.

The reason we aren't big enough in this league is because we never seem to get a manager/coach who has the experience to make us big. We get the ones that can take us back out of L1, but they then, apart from GJ who almost got us there, can't seem to manage the big push to the promised land.  Now who can you blame for that?

20 minutes ago, redapple said:

Another quality footballer whose brain enables him to be seconds ahead. Not appreciated by many on here though. Players must relish being criticised on OTIB ! 

As it happens I think we've still got some top quality players who could go far in the Prem or Championship. It just needs a decent Coach to get the best of a unit . Bring in Steve McLaren . I've got an Umbrella he can use. 

Yep. Also one of the most unselfish strikers around who will do the unglamorous stuff at 110% for 90 minutes while your Tomlin's of the world will mill around not breaking a sweat waiting for a moment to do a bit of 'tekkers'. 

Baldock could probably double his goal tally by being more selfish and playing as an out and out poacher but it's not his game. That's why I think he and Tammy would be an immense partnership, their natural qualities would be a perfect partnership. 

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

The reason we aren't big enough in this league is because we never seem to get a manager/coach who has the experience to make us big. We get the ones that can take us back out of L1, but they then, apart from GJ who almost got us there, can't seem to manage the big push to the promised land.  Now who can you blame for that?

The points you make about the managers are fair ones, and it obviously would have some bearing on our 'small club' stature.

The point i'm making though, is that even during the season we got to the Playoff Final, people would still ask me 'what league are they in then?' whenever I would mention I'm a City fan.

Obviously if we appointed someone like a Pardew or a McLaren it would raise our profile, the question is do you think they would even consider coming here? Genuine question.

1 minute ago, KingLear said:

The points you make about the managers are fair ones, and it obviously would have some bearing on our 'small club' stature.

The point i'm making though, is that even during the season we got to the Playoff Final, people would still ask me 'what league are they in then?' whenever I would mention I'm a City fan.

Obviously if we appointed someone like a Pardew or a McLaren it would raise our profile, the question is do you think they would even consider coming here? Genuine question.

Understand, probably not as they wouldn't be a yes man to SL.  It seems that any manager/ coach would have to be.

Another ex-City player to effect proceedings would be David Cotterill, who would be unavailable for us, in our last game against the Brum.

Surely, he wont be made to play against us in that match as he would still be on loan to us, but unplayable due to usual agreements between clubs?

Actually, our fate may have been sealed before that game anyway ...

32 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Ask them and put together a package that might be an incentive for them.

2 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

How was he hung out to dry by the club? he was an employee of Bristol City and he was involved with what happened by acting irresponsibly...he was happy to watch some fool piss in a glass and chuck urine over the balcony. If you're caught acting like a clown in that capacity then you deserve to be disciplined especially when its splashed across the media

If he'd been the guilty party then I'd agree with you and would have transfer listed him but he was on a club sanctioned jolly and was a bystander. 

The players could do with some more jollys to get some team spirit going and bond the squad a bit more.

3 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Blimey, didn't realise it landed on some reporters.

Hopefully the editor of the EP was amongst them.

On 3/14/2017 at 23:23, Lew-T said:

Will all be having a rise smile on their faces. Fleetwood amazingly are in second place and have a great chance of leap frogging us, with Wes Burns at their disposal. 

Derrick Williams potentially sending us down at Blackburn and Luke Ayling pushing for the premier league. It's as if the whole league is laughing at us

Well done Lee and co, bravo. 

It happens, it's football, I am concerned as much as anyone about where we are, but enough of this knocking everything City, support your club, if it is City, forget Fleetwood, Leeds or whoever pops into your head at any given time.

Archived