IGNORED

Monaco v Man City

Super

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I think it shows how poor the top of English football is . Millions and millions they spend on players and managers. And are getting schooled by Monaco. Look at Arsenal. 10 2 agg against Bayern. Technically miles behind 

Meanwhile one of the least technically able teams in the premier league beat a very able team from Spain. You're forgetting Monaco are the best team in France this season, leading Ligue 1 ahead of PSG, who beat Barca 4-0 at home. You're also forgetting that Man City put 5 past this same team just over a fortnight ago. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, so Lineker and Rio Ferdinand saying how well they've played with a 4-4-2 formation is a load of tosh is it?!

Have you watched the game. It's most definitely not 442, or atleast not how any English team would play. Mbappe, is often the lone CF, yet him and their 2 wide players interchange at ease.

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Meanwhile one of the least technically able teams in the premier league beat a very able team from Spain. You're forgetting Monaco are the best team in France this season, leading Ligue 1 ahead of PSG, who beat Barca 4-0 at home. You're also forgetting that Man City put 5 past this same team just over a fortnight ago. 

Of course English teams get results in Europe. And fair play to Leicester. English clubs got quality players for big money. U expect them to compete. But if u think the top of the premiership is on par with the top teams in Europe. Then IMO you're having a laugh 

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Have you watched the game. It's most definitely not 442, or atleast not how any English team would play. Mbappe, is often the lone CF, yet him and their 2 wide players interchange at ease.

I've got it on in the background, doing lots of other stuff, I just assumed that such experienced and successful players as Lineker and Ferdinand knew what they were talking about - apologies if they got it wrong...

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Ferdinand's exact words: "Many coaches out there have said you can't play 4-4-2, but this Monaco side has shown how you can play 4-4-2..."

But you know best....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ferdinand's exact words: "Many coaches out there have said you can't play 4-4-2, but this Monaco side has shown how you can play 4-4-2..."

But you know best....

Well, you've already said you're not watching. If you were you'd see that it's not a 442. In fact I'd say that they are almost playing without a formation, bar the defensive players.

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Of course English teams get results in Europe. And fair play to Leicester. English clubs got quality players for big money. U expect them to compete. But if u think the top of the premiership is on par with the top teams in Europe. Then IMO you're having a laugh 

However they'll likely be 5 English teams in the Champions League next season. Ridiculous ay

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Well, you've already said you're not watching. If you were you'd see that it's not a 442. In fact I'd say that they are almost playing without a formation, bar the defensive players.

I'm glancing at it while doing paperwork, but surely experienced premier league/international players like Lineker and Ferdinand know what they're talking about?! They shouldn't be in that job if they don't know how to identify a formation...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm glancing at it while doing paperwork, but surely experienced premier league/international players like Lineker and Ferdinand know what they're talking about?! They shouldn't be in that job if they don't know how to identify a formation...

Better you watch it yourself mate. I'd agree with Jason concerning the description rather than the two who are trying to describe something that clearly isn't any sort of 442 I have witnessed

Archived