IGNORED

Adam Johnson loses appeal

Major Isewater

Adam Johnson loses appeal

Posted at11:08

Ex-England player Adam Johnson loses his Court of Appeal challenge against a sexual offence conviction.

The 29-year-old was  jailed for six years last March  for sexually touching and grooming the 15-year-old fan.

He was  refused leave  to appeal his conviction and sentence in July, but launched a second bid  late last year.

A panel of three appeal judges turned down the former Sunderland player's latest bid.

lifted from BBC site .

52 minutes ago, Taz said:

Good. Doesn't deserve the right to appeal. Scum.

Agreed and I think 6 years is a light sentence for the offence. If it was an honest mistake of not knowing her age then I'd reconsider but by all account he met her at a school, took her number and groomed her into it. Shameful and 6 years is too little imo. 

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Agreed and I think 6 years is a light sentence for the offence. If it was an honest mistake of not knowing her age then I'd reconsider but by all account he met her at a school, took her number and groomed her into it. Shameful and 6 years is too little imo. 

really it's 3 years nobody ever actually serves the sentence they are given.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Whilst it was unsavoury, it was a sixteen year old girl who claimed to be 17, and they did not actually have sex - he got six years as punishment.

Another person, who did have sex with a girl, and that girl was 12, and he knew her age but still raped her got 4 years (and was released after one).

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Whilst it was unsavoury, it was a sixteen year old girl who claimed to be 17, and they did not actually have sex - he got six years as punishment.

Another person, who did have sex with a girl, and that girl was 12, and he knew her age but still raped her got 4 years (and was released after one).

I get the point you are trying to make here. I don't know the other case that you are referring to but there has to be other things that the judge took in to account. Things like the perps mental stability, mental age and all sorts of other sh!te. I'm not condoning or sticking up for any vile creature that carries out rape but it can't be compared like for like. In Johnson's case he isn't mentally impaired or f@cked up in anyway that was brought to light in court. He manipulated his fame and the girl idolised him. He knew exactly what he was doing over a prolonged period of time. Even when he was caught, he still tried to wriggle out of it and after the appeals, he will now have to pay the hard way.

8 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I get the point you are trying to make here. I don't know the other case that you are referring to but there has to be other things that the judge took in to account. Things like the perps mental stability, mental age and all sorts of other sh!te. I'm not condoning or sticking up for any vile creature that carries out rape but it can't be compared like for like. In Johnson's case he isn't mentally impaired or f@cked up in anyway that was brought to light in court. He manipulated his fame and the girl idolised him. He knew exactly what he was doing over a prolonged period of time. Even when he was caught, he still tried to wriggle out of it and after the appeals, he will now have to pay the hard way.

Yeah he's a vile person - just feels he was made an example of by the Judge, and I am always wary of that sort of punishment.  The other case was the NL athlete... i'll find and link it.

Dutch volleyball player jailed for raping girl, 12, he met on Facebook

21 March 2016

From the sectionBeds, Herts & Bucks

Image copyrightFEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE VOLLEYBALL

Image captionSteven Van de Velde was aware of the girl's age, having had conversations on various social media sites

A Dutch international volleyball player who raped a 12-year-old British girl he met on Facebook has been jailed for four years.

Steven Van de Velde, 21, admitted three counts of rape against a child he met after travelling from Amsterdam in August 2014.

The girl was raped near Furzton Lake and at an address in Milton Keynes.

Van de Velde returned to the Netherlands, but was extradited and arrested in January.

He appeared at Aylesbury Crown Court via a video link for sentencing after admitting all three offences last month.

The court heard he was aware of the girl's age, having had conversations on various social networking sites.

He went to the girl's home when her mother was out and had sex with her, taking her virginity.

Image copyrightSOUTH BEDS NEWS AGENCY

Image captionVan de Velde was a beach volleyball champion in 2015

Sentencing him, Judge Francis Sheridan said: "You were a potential Olympian. You had the possibility of a stellar future representing the Netherlands.

"She was a child aged 12. You were fully aware of that fact."

Image captionVan de Velde was due to go to the Olympics in Brazil

Van de Velde - of Cornelis De Wittlaan, Den Haag - travelled from Amsterdam on 2 August 2014, having booked a return ticket with EasyJet that day.

Prosecutor Sandra Beck said: "She had got very close to him via Facebook and spoke regularly. He made her feel very special.

"He is a member of the national volleyball team and she liked what she saw."

Mitigating, Linda Strudwick said: "There is genuine remorse. He has lost a stellar sports career and has been branded a rapist. Plainly it is a career end for him. "

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Yeah he's a vile person - just feels he was made an example of by the Judge, and I am always wary of that sort of punishment.  The other case was the NL athlete... i'll find and link it.

Dutch volleyball player jailed for raping girl, 12, he met on Facebook

21 March 2016

From the sectionBeds, Herts & Bucks

Image copyrightFEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE VOLLEYBALL

Image captionSteven Van de Velde was aware of the girl's age, having had conversations on various social media sites

A Dutch international volleyball player who raped a 12-year-old British girl he met on Facebook has been jailed for four years.

Steven Van de Velde, 21, admitted three counts of rape against a child he met after travelling from Amsterdam in August 2014.

The girl was raped near Furzton Lake and at an address in Milton Keynes.

Van de Velde returned to the Netherlands, but was extradited and arrested in January.

He appeared at Aylesbury Crown Court via a video link for sentencing after admitting all three offences last month.

The court heard he was aware of the girl's age, having had conversations on various social networking sites.

He went to the girl's home when her mother was out and had sex with her, taking her virginity.

Image captionVan de Velde was a beach volleyball champion in 2015

Sentencing him, Judge Francis Sheridan said: "You were a potential Olympian. You had the possibility of a stellar future representing the Netherlands.

"She was a child aged 12. You were fully aware of that fact."

Image captionVan de Velde was due to go to the Olympics in Brazil

Van de Velde - of Cornelis De Wittlaan, Den Haag - travelled from Amsterdam on 2 August 2014, having booked a return ticket with EasyJet that day.

Prosecutor Sandra Beck said: "She had got very close to him via Facebook and spoke regularly. He made her feel very special.

"He is a member of the national volleyball team and she liked what she saw."

Mitigating, Linda Strudwick said: "There is genuine remorse. He has lost a stellar sports career and has been branded a rapist. Plainly it is a career end for him. "

Bloody hell. Reading that it beggars belief that he only got that as a sentence. I wonder if he was released early to spend the rest of the sentence in Holland. Either way, what a horrible, vile ****

1 minute ago, supercidered said:

Bloody hell. Reading that it beggars belief that he only got that as a sentence. I wonder if he was released early to spend the rest of the sentence in Holland. Either way, what a horrible, vile ****

It was because he was in Holland they released him early as they have different rules on sentence v time served. But he still only got 4 years for a much worse case - even seen some manslaughter cases get 6 years.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

It was because he was in Holland they released him early as they have different rules on sentence v time served. But he still only got 4 years for a much worse case - even seen some manslaughter cases get 6 years.

Yea I get where you are coming from. All very depressing.

Archived