IGNORED

Just interested

allyolly

3 minutes ago, allyolly said:

On the views of those who have slated LJ and our team. 

I've been a staunch defender and believer and understand there is still a long way to go. But what does tonight say to you? 

I've not noticed many slating the team. They've been capable of far more than they've been achieving. The slating has mainly, and deservedly, been reserved for the manager. Great win tonight. There'll need to be a few more performances that get the best from a decent squad before I change my opinion of LJ.

In simple terms and I'll expand at a later point 

Totally different approach from the players doing all the basics very well

Tells me the players have a lot to answer for

hmmmmmmmm

Still , for a moment who gives a toss :bounce:

Excellent display in just about every aspect

Well done LJ and Well done the players

5 minutes ago, allyolly said:

I've been a staunch defender and believer and understand there is still a long way to go. But what does tonight say to you? 

It says we are 2 points from the relegation places having played a game more than all the teams below us. Regardless of tonight's result that represents catastrophic underachievement this season given the investment in the squad. We are still in the thick of a relegation battle.

1 minute ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

It says to me - play players in there correct positions, encourage them to press, pick up the second balls and put a side out that's balanced and you've a much better chance. 

How it's taken the bloke 5 months to work it out I don't know!

Great win tonight. Provides hope at least. 

But technically Korey Smith isn't a right-back, so from what you're saying, Smith shouldn't be in the team?

Beyond me why some people can't give credit where & when it's due, tonight was a massive game & result & will have made a few teams sit up & take notice around us.

In general, I'm not expecting any of the fan base that have lost confidence in LJ to say they've changed their view, if I'm honest I think he has done to much damage in the majority of people's eyes for them to be ever able to support him.

But for what it's worth I honestly hope he's still here into next season & if he is, he will have learned from this season massively & that can only benefit Bristol City.

They have showed us what they can do tonight, if anything Johnson has put more pressure on him because tonight they showed they can beat anyone on there day. We go loose 2 3 on a bounce then his time could be up..,

fair play to the boys though tonight they showed everyone what they've been missing!

19 minutes ago, allyolly said:

its one game, we need to keep it up,and stay up.

Time will tell.

that type of effort needs to continue, and with it the actual football needs to improve, do that great.

Can't fault the effort tonight. very very good

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Excellent performance but makes you wonder why it, or something similar to, isn't produced on more occasions.

Confidence has a massive effect in football. I've felt we've been making positive strides for weeks. Really glad, we must keep it going.

Perspective

a great win and performance tonight on the back of a few decent results. Tactically very good from LJ.

however we are in the middle of a relegation battle due to a poor season and a lot tactically inept performances from the manager/coaches/players. This one result doesn't make LJ a great manager or a tactical genius, but credit where credit is due a great game plan well executed.

LJ isn't going anywhere this season and we need to keep the support for the club and hope we'll be in the Championship next season. I'm still of the opinion LJ is not right for us at this time and if SL is serious needs to invest in a proven manager.

but for tonight well done Lee and great performance and we can relax and enjoy the weekend

Archived