IGNORED

3 clean sheets in 4 games since Pemberton left.

JHAGa

Absolutely nothing against Pembo, he showed true care for the club whilst here and was a vital part of the backroom staff in good times. However, as I argued with others when the news first materialised, LJ has every right to decide who he wants in his own backroom staff. It was the board that proposed making the change earlier than planned so there was no backstabbing as some have implied.

It seems a new face may have done us good. Credit to the players for tonight's fantastic performance and credit to LJ and the coaching staff for the positive strides made in recent weeks. It's only fair to give credit when due, when they've all justifiably been given stick when things haven't been going well, including from myself towards the board throughout the season.

Best performance of the season tonight.

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

We'll probably never know but to me playing a settled side might have something / more to do with it?

Sure, there's obviously varying factors. Confidence leads to consistency in team selection, and consistency often leads to results. Credit to Korey for coming in and doing really well at RB (and Zak did well before that too). Wright seems to have a good partnership with Flint and dare I say it, LJ's persistency with Joe at LB may finally be showing dividends. Him and Callum seem to have a good relationship on the left side.

The last 4 games the players have shown grit and hopefully they have now shown enough to get their belief and confidence back. Tammy returning has also been a massive boost in that aspect too.

Every player tonight was exceptional and they worked their socks off. Everyone involved, staff and players deserve credit after understandably being criticised during the bad run. Sometimes a new face and fresh impetus can do the world of good when confidence is low. Some wanted it to be the manager but the club have belief in LJ and have gambled by sticking. I've said all along, I hope that it pays off. It seems Macca has done a good job taking over from Pembo. 3 clean sheets in 4 games is a great return and the players and staff as a collective deserve praise.

Keep moving forwards City.

Archived