IGNORED

atmosphere tnight

Hartcliffe red

It was fantastic on and off the pitch tonight. There seemed to be a real sense of belief, even at 2-0 up it didn't feel as edgy as it has recently. Absolutely bloody loved tonight.... not enjoyed a game like that for a long, long time 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

This will also probably upset a few on here! 

What an absolutely crap comment to make after one of the best performances of the season.We are all fans and all want City to to win so to put a comment like that on here is just wrong.Every person has their own opinions and that's what a forum is for but for you to assume that fans would be upset because we won beggars belief.

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

This will also probably upset a few on here! 

Who's it going to upset? Whoever it is going to upset can **** right off, as they say. Fantastic effort from everyone involved and in love with BCFC tonight. UTC. 

5 hours ago, Zider I up said:

Absolutely loved it, Ashton gate at its best again, for the world to see. COYR!

Was a great effort but, for me, it wasn't a great advert, given what the average football viewer watches. 

It was too quiet, sporadic and seas of empty seats (for which I take some responsibility). 

The average punter watching would have been completely unimpressed with a drab spectacle off the pitch. 

7 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

What an absolutely crap comment to make after one of the best performances of the season.We are all fans and all want City to to win so to put a comment like that on here is just wrong.Every person has their own opinions and that's what a forum is for but for you to assume that fans would be upset because we won beggars belief.

7 hours ago, lenred said:

Who's it going to upset? Whoever it is going to upset can **** right off, as they say. Fantastic effort from everyone involved and in love with BCFC tonight. UTC. 

It was a fantastic performance & result. One of those nights that make being a supporter worth all the bad times. That was our club at its best and we should all be proud and it's nice to have it heading into the 2 week break. 

You know what I mean though. There are, sadly & pathetically, some on here who only ever surface to knock the club/support. 

We've had to endure their bitching and negativity far to much this season and it's become increasingly difficult to not get bogged down by what appears to be the feeling on here, when, in reality, last night displayed perfectly, what we are capable of when we all pull together. 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was a fantastic performance & result. One of those nights that make being a supporter worth all the bad times. That was our club at its best and we should all be proud and it's nice to have it heading into the 2 week break. 

You know what I mean though. There are, sadly & pathetically, some on here who only ever surface to knock the club/support. 

We've had to endure their bitching and negativity far to much this season and it's become increasingly difficult to not get bogged down by what appears to be the feeling on here, when, in reality, last night displayed perfectly, what we are capable of when we all pull together. 

But in truth the majority of those vocally disillusioned appear to me to be posters with hundreds, if not thousands of posts to their name. The glee club have very often been those who've made tens of previous comments...to the extent that it's been suggested (on the basis of no evidence!) that they must have signed up simply to be supportive of LJ.

Anyone who cares for the long term future of the club has, surely, to have been concerned by the way this season has turned out. Excellent ground, strong squad, bright start and the worst run of results in our history. Some of the home performances after Christmas were amongst the most spineless I can recall. The moaning flows from all that inexplicable failure, and I think that's understandable. 

On the up side...which I'd personally always rather be occupying...nor is it surprising that a 4-0 home win against one of the top sides in the division provokes near ecstasy! 

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

But in truth the majority of those vocally disillusioned appear to me to be posters with hundreds, if not thousands of posts to their name. The glee club have very often been those who've made tens of previous comments...to the extent that it's been suggested (on the basis of no evidence!) that they must have signed up simply to be supportive of LJ.

Anyone who cares for the long term future of the club has, surely, to have been concerned by the way this season has turned out. Excellent ground, strong squad, bright start and the worst run of results in our history. Some of the home performances after Christmas were amongst the most spineless I can recall. The moaning flows from all that inexplicable failure, and I think that's understandable. 

On the up side...which I'd personally always rather be occupying...nor is it surprising that a 4-0 home win against one of the top sides in the division provokes near ecstasy! 

You only have to look through the match day threads of most games to see the moronic over reactions during games, from people who generally aren't even there, to see the same old names twisting the knife, only when something negative happens. 

I'm sure there are plenty of posters on here with 1,000's of posts clocked up, who never/rarely go to games. 

Negativity goes hand in hand with our form at times this season. My point is that the worst ones for that then often go quiet where there is something positive to comment on. 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You only have to look through the match day threads of most games to see the moronic over reactions during games, from people who generally aren't even there, to see the same old names twisting the knife, only when something negative happens. 

I'm sure there are plenty of posters on here with 1,000's of posts clocked up, who never/rarely go to games. 

Negativity goes hand in hand with our form at times this season. My point is that the worst ones for that then often go quiet where there is something positive to comment on. 

I never understand comments on the fine details of performances not seen. But I think any regular on here can see that there are some well informed, well intentioned and very concerned posters on OTIB who have legitimate concerns about the way this season has panned out. I can only speak for myself...and personally I'd love to be feeling more positive! Last night's result helps that process...

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I never understand comments on the fine details of performances not seen. But I think any regular on here can see that there are some well informed, well intentioned and very concerned posters on OTIB who have legitimate concerns about the way this season has panned out. I can only speak for myself...personally I'd love to be feeling more positive! Last night's result helps that process...

Of course, but this posters clearly aren't the ones that I'm reffering too. 

Lets enjoy last night, safe in the knowledge that they, or the majority of them, won't be posting right now and biding their time waiting to stick the boot in then next time we lose! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Lets enjoy last night, safe in the knowledge that they, or the majority of them, won't be posting right now and biding their time waiting to stick the boot in then next time we lose! 

Hey...I'm enjoying it! It's amazing what a decent result in a game you didn't even watch can do to spirits...I've even put the ST renewal date in my diary and texted my kids to ask who's up for Blackburn away..

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Last night was like watching the City of a couple of seasons ago, even as an old git found myself chanting. Still on a high, long may this continue, boys played their hearts out :clap:

Archived