IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Tactical Genius?

DaveF

3 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I'm not sure you're capable of understanding if I did suggest why Johnson's tactics won against a play-off team.  

Why don't you start?  What tactics did the players pick on to win us the game?

You're the one suggesting they did so the floors yours .....

Go on ..... comment on the football how / why etc 

'Incapable of understanding' :laughcont:

oh the irony :laughcont:

brilliant 

Genuinely laughing :thumbsup:

Go on humour me ................    

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Been saying the same thing for weeks.

Players more than good enough. They really dislike Johnson. They turn it on only when they want and when they know they need to garner points to stay in this league.

They tried very hard to get Johnson sacked for us the fans because we want him gone and for themselves because they really don't like him.

Good win today. 

Think it may be about splits in the camp to some degree havantopia ( Mixture of all of it IMHO) 

Hopefully sorted to a large degree off the back of tonight 

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair enough - thought that he went with his favourite 4-4-1-1 or whichever way you want to describe it

Havnt read the match thread but would be surprised if people wanted to go gunk ho at Huddersfield

As I say he did nothing wrong , right team(Save Pack if ultra critical ?) , sensible substitutions - all good but more of a totally different attitude from the players than any clever tactics for me

'Twas defo more of a 4-4-1-1 Tomo linking play brilliantly between midfield and attack, pressing as a 2 when Town had the ball in defence.

A much better option than playing Tomo on the left wing ala Wigan away.

We need to set up like this for the rest of the season so teams have to change their gameplan to deal with us, rather than the other way around. We also need to fill the bench with direct substitutes for key positions, player for player so,we don't need to change formation or game plans.

34 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Been saying the same thing for weeks.

Players more than good enough. They really dislike Johnson. They turn it on only when they want and when they know they need to garner points to stay in this league.

They tried very hard to get Johnson sacked for us the fans because we want him gone and for themselves because they really don't like him.

Good win today. 

Or very simply they lacked confidence and it all snow balled from there?

We were doing well upto October time, I thought we might have a chance of play offs. There was then the introduction of DH which I believe pissed Pembo off, we started to lose games from winning positions and then that led to a losing streak. Add in all the bad luck we had with referring decisions and it was easy to see our squad was completely void of any confidence. 

The tipping point for me was the Newcastle game. We went there as huge underdogs, every single one of us expected us to get slaughtered, yet we didn't, we found ourselves 2 nil up in the 1St half.

The second half Newcastle did slaughter us and pulled 2 goals back but despite being under immense pressure we saw the game out, due to hard work, passion and luck. All those key ingredients had been missing for months.

It was an absolute massive result that cannot be underestimated. I'm dismissing the Villa game here because I think after the huge effort at the Newcastle game the players were exhausted, I know you shouldn't change a winning team but in that game we should have freshened it up a little.

The Burton and Norwich games received a huge backlash on here which imo was unfair. I said at the time we had taken some baby steps by going two unbeaten (yet got ridiculed for that statement)

We then had a huge slice of luck against Wigan and this finally changed the mentality within the club from, everything is going against us, to, everything is going for us.

We then had tonight's result.

You may want to hang on to your made up stories, however the truth is a lot more simple than your trying to make out.

Archived