IGNORED

New Signing!

Red Skin

No, not a player, but a possible signing for the AG faithful.

One of my sons has just started getting into football (he's 5) but to my horror he's already come out with the sort of lanaguage that every right minded football fan dreads. Namely "David Beckham" and "Michael Owen". Something has to be done. :@

The thing is, do I take him to Tinman's game or blood him in a League match?

I'm leaning toward the Tinman game where there'll be plenty of goals, nothing at stake and less chance of me letting hm wander off as I wont be so bothered about the result. I'm also a bit worried about the nipper interferring with my pre- and post-match beers! :Party12:

Regards

Concerned parent.

No, not a player, but a possible signing for the AG faithful.

One of my sons has just started getting into football (he's 5) but to my horror he's already come out with the sort of lanaguage that every right minded football fan dreads.  Namely "David Beckham" and "Michael Owen".  Something has to be done. :@

The thing is, do I take him to Tinman's game or blood him in a League match?

I'm leaning toward the Tinman game where there'll be plenty of goals, nothing at stake and less chance of me letting hm wander off as I wont be so bothered about the result.  I'm also a bit worried about the nipper interferring with my pre- and post-match beers! :Party12:

Regards

Concerned parent.

Take him to the Torquay match when they'll be some real early season atmosphere, and the Try Again beforehand where there are always loads of kids.

When he witnesses the roar and bedlam when Heffernan knocks in his first, he'll probably be shocked but he'll be hooked and realise supporting Bristol City first hand is far superior to glory hunting Owen and Beckam on the box.

City is only 'in their blood' if you get them down the Gate early. Good luck, hope he enjoys it whichever match you choose. :dunno:

Archived