IGNORED

Lee Johnson, I salute you.

reddogkev

I've ignored the other LJ thread, because talk of an apology is not called for, but seriously, well done Lee.

The win last night is a truly incredible, fantastic result over a top Championship team.

I'm very pleased because I remain a big fan of Lee Johnson, irrespective of what happened in our terrible run of form. I don't mind saying that I back LJ as City manager for many reasons, and it pleases me no end when something like last night happens.

Congrats Lee, let's pick up as many points as possible in April.  Hopefully we can celebrate the end of the season without having to worry about beating Birmingham to stay up!

Agree with the sentiment and hope this is a corner turned...

... but as fine a performance as it was last night, that is a single 90 minute good performance in 23 games - that's half a season!

Repeat that performance in most of the remaining 9 games and maybe, just maybe, the Lee Johnson lovers might have something to crow about.

Last night was a hell of performance, both by the team and the fans, who have been great all season at the games.

Who would have thought most of our key players were already at the club, did we really need to sign 20 players to prove that.

Last night proves what we have been saying all season and that is we should never be anywhere near the relegation zone.

Yes, we have been unlucky in some games, but after 4 months of hell hopefully we can look forward to few more performances like this.

19 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

... but as fine a performance as it was last night, that is a single 90 minute good performance in 23 games - that's half a season!

Repeat that performance in most of the remaining 9 games and maybe, just maybe, the Lee Johnson lovers might have something to crow about.

Newcastle away was also a 'good' performance, and there have been a few others dotted around!

I think the term Lee Johnson Lovers might be a bit strong, I'll leave that to the man's wife (is he married?), I'm not sure we have any LJ lovers at the club at the moment!

26 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

It's not a single result though, is it..?!

That's now 4 games unbeaten, 8 points, 3 clean sheets. 

The bad run happened and bad it most certainly was! All we can do is turn things around and that, hopefully, is the foundation of our survival. 

LJ, justifiably, has taken a lot of stick this season. (Personal insults aside, they have just been a disgrace) but if he can/has properly turned us around (of course we will still lose games in the remainder of the season) there is every chance we can finish higher that we did last season. That has to be our aim now. (Obviously ensuring survival is still first focus!) 

Archived