IGNORED

Credit to the Ground Staff, our pitch looked perfect

RedM

Just as a change of subject I just wanted to say that our pitch looked absolutely beautiful last night. I didn't see it on TV yet but I expect it looked just as good as it did at Ashton Gate.

I know we have to have the rugby markings normally, but they had vanished last night as they aren't needed for a couple of weeks, and the pitch looked better for it. So I just wanted to say well done to the Groundsman and his staff, the miles you spend walking mowing and rolling were certainly worth it, and what a game we played on it too. Many club will look on with envy I'm sure, and yes it was an excellent decision to invest in the Desso pitch.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just as a change of subject I just wanted to say that our pitch looked absolutely beautiful last night. I didn't see it on TV yet but I expect it looked just as good as it did at Ashton Gate.

I know we have to have the rugby markings normally, but they had vanished last night as they aren't needed for a couple of weeks, and the pitch looked better for it. So I just wanted to say well done to the Groundsman and his staff, the miles you spend walking mowing and rolling were certainly worth it, and what a game we played on it too. Many club will look on with envy I'm sure, and yes it was an excellent decision to invest in the Desso pitch.

Pitch always looks good I think! Before we had the rugby and Desso surface we had one of the better pitches in the league. They do extremely well to maintain the high standards. 

Makes you appreciate it when you go to away games and see how dreadful some of the surfaces are! 

They had camera pitch side and in the upper Lansdown too as well as other parts of the ground, ie they had them at high, middle and low level.

And yes, our pitch has looked good for years, even pre-Desso, but last night it was the first time in ages I'd seen it without the rugby markings and marked out heavily in white rather than the white that looks 'faded' as it's easier to change it from sport to sport. 

The grass is growing well at this time of the year so unwanted markings soon disappear with regular mowing.

At last season's rugby play off final, a Bath fan was heard to ask "Why do Bristol Rugby need a billiard table to play rugby on?" Apart for the green lines, we have a superb playing surface for both sports.

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The grass is growing well at this time of the year so unwanted markings soon disappear with regular mowing.

At last season's rugby play off final, a Bath fan was heard to ask "Why do Bristol Rugby need a billiard table to play rugby on?" Apart for the green lines, we have a superb playing surface for both sports.

The rugby don't need a carpet to play on but the football team does! 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Sky sports cameraman did well last night too compared to previous outings. Were they in the proper mountings for the cameras or front of the upper?

They were halfway up the upper stand rather than right at the toplike normal. 

I also thought the the pitch looked superb last night

Archived