IGNORED

Magnussen

ciderbeans

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Birmingham / Redknapp knew full well that they could unsettle Flint, it was well known that Flint / City players were paid considerably less than the majority of players in the division, so by not meeting our valuation & making the player aware of what was personally on offer, it would unsettle the player & then as is the case in the majority of instances like this, the club end up allowing the player to leave because it’s counterproductive to have some on board that isn’t happy.

Luckily for us, Flint stayed pretty professional for the most part by not throwing his toys out his pram completely & insisting on the move, so it meant once the transfer window had shut, Flint knew he was going nowhere & LJ knew he would have a player with us for the next few months, so once Flint had got his head around it, he was available for selection for us.

And then by the time the January window had opened, Redknapp had been sacked, Birmingham were rubbish, Flint had played well & his valuation to us had increased & no one was willing to match our increased valuation.

Do you not think that if LJ had wanted rid of Flint, especially by the time the January window had opened, someone would of matched that summers valuation & he would of pushed for the club to accept the bid?

There is absolutely no evidence that LJ ever wanted Flint gone, LJ just did whatever any other manager would of done & took precautions to cover any possible eventuality, hence why Baker was brought in as a like for like replacement, that ‘first ball’ winner.

What I will say is that managers / clubs do develop new ways of trying to play (see CO’D’s comments on the official site about the team starting to play the way the club want to play) & it is easier for some clubs to buy the players required to play that system but I would hazard a guess that there weren’t many supporters who didn’t expect Flint to leave but that would of been more down to Flint’s desire to leave rather than LJ’s wish to get rid of him.

We’ve played with that ‘first ball’ winning centre half since Flint came in (once he settled) & have still had that option with Baker but now we are seemingly wanting to play more ‘football’ from the back & it wouldn’t surprise me if Baker was limited by the amount of game time he gets but that could also be down to who the opponents are & if we change our system to combat them.

**** me I give up.  

Archived