IGNORED

A look at Burton Albion

reddogkev

6 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Would love them to stay up-although of course not at our expense...think they deserve it.

Yep, would be fantastic if they stayed up, and despite the fact I've classed them as my pick to go down, it really is tough to call, and even Ipswich are still in serious peril.

Fair play to them, punching above their weight...with a more than fair chance of staying up, they're not cut adrift like Rotherham. Team spirit, togetherness, the odd good acquisition like Knightly & Woodrow...

Puts our poor season into perspective.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Yep, would be fantastic if they stayed up, and despite the fact I've classed them as my pick to go down, it really is tough to call, and even Ipswich are still in serious peril.

Reckon Ipswich may be fine,could well draw themselves out of trouble!..

Forest to go with Wigan.and us home to brum final day could be quite a game..

9 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Her dad is a really nice guy and he's done an incredible job running the club for decades. I was so happy to see them get promoted last season and I really hope they stay up, as long as the City finish above them. 

You pressed the send button too early. I've finished your post for you. You're welcome! :)

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There's been a lot of patronising posts on here recently regarding Burton Albion - not saying the OP is one on this thread but didn't know where else to put this really.

Lots of people are 'patting the little club on the head' and saying things like 'didn't they give it a right good go?' when they are far from relegated yet.

They should have beaten us up at their place early in the season and they have also done things this season that we can only dream of, like taking 4 points from their two games with Derby, 4 points from Wolves, 4 points from QPR and 4 points from Sheffield Wed. They've also beaten Cardiff, beaten Norwich, won away at QPR, won away at Rotherham etc - we couldn't match any of those achievements.

Yes, they've got a really tough run in, but they ain't down yet and we ain't safe yet....they are in this division on merit, albeit with small crowds.

And in the past people 'patronised' Wimbledon and Wigan all the way to the Premier League....

Which is why I didn't get the whole fury from some here that we should be beating clubs like Burton with ease (not the exact words but you get my point)

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There's been a lot of patronising posts on here recently regarding Burton Albion - not saying the OP is one on this thread but didn't know where else to put this really.

Lots of people are 'patting the little club on the head' and saying things like 'didn't they give it a right good go?' when they are far from relegated yet.

They should have beaten us up at their place early in the season and they have also done things this season that we can only dream of, like taking 4 points from their two games with Derby, 4 points from Wolves, 4 points from QPR and 4 points from Sheffield Wed. They've also beaten Cardiff, beaten Norwich, won away at QPR, won away at Rotherham etc - we couldn't match any of those achievements.

Yes, they've got a really tough run in, but they ain't down yet and we ain't safe yet....they are in this division on merit, albeit with small crowds.

And in the past people 'patronised' Wimbledon and Wigan all the way to the Premier League....

And where are they now ? 

With us being in a perilous position, I can't wish any luck on a team that's in the places around us.

I think Rotherham (obviously!) and Wigan are down, if we were safe, I'd be hoping Burton stayed up, as it is i'd be very happy for them to take the third relegation spot, although I would be just as happy for anybody else to take it as well! 

13 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

With us being in a perilous position, I can't wish any luck on a team that's in the places around us.

I think Rotherham (obviously!) and Wigan are down, if we were safe, I'd be hoping Burton stayed up, as it is i'd be very happy for them to take the third relegation spot, although I would be just as happy for anybody else to take it as well! 

Let's be generous and give it to someone else .

:yes:

30 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

I never get why a team with small attendances and stadia are almost patronised. 

Newcastle and Aston Villa have recently been replaced by Bournemouth and Swansea who between them wouldn't average the amount either one does. So what?! 

Never got it. 

Because usually a club with a bigger stadium has bigger finances, better training facilities, bigger gates, better players and a bigger history. 

You'd back the bigger clubs against other teams, because of the above.....

1 hour ago, Clarky89 said:

I never get why a team with small attendances and stadia are almost patronised. 

Newcastle and Aston Villa have recently been replaced by Bournemouth and Swansea who between them wouldn't average the amount either one does. So what?! 

Never got it. 

Simply because the smaller clubs are punching above their weight and merit the plaudits for their exceptional effort to compete.

It is evidently much harder for a club like Burton , for example, to compete against Newcastle, Villa , Wolves and company in a league .

They have to play 4 of the top 6 clubs in their last 8 games, going to be tough for them. I expect Clough is good enough though to get it through to them that anything from those games is a bonus, and get them focused and ultra ready for the more winnable games - he has always come across as a good motivator - and as people said, the very fact Burton have managed what they have is pretty amazing.

Archived