IGNORED

Taylor ban for horror tackle

SecretSam

Was it that nasty though? I get that it's done a lot of damage, but if you watch the replay, Taylor is looking at the ball

I had an argument with a Welsh mate about it, I said that I didn't think there was intent to 'do' Coleman, he thinks Taylor deserves whatever he gets. Nasty looking injury though

26 minutes ago, Super said:

The Bale one was just as bad. Poor tackle and deserved red but shouldn't be more than 3 games IMO.

Totally agree Super. Both should have walked for appalling tackles, but I highly doubt either were intentional. Gutting to lose our captain but it happens. I'm probably more annoyed that Bale wasn't dismissed to be honest.

3-4 games for a bad two footed challenge. It is a contact sport, and anything more, then you'll be setting a precedent for every injury as a result of a bad tackle.

Injuries will happen, look at David Buust  (Coventry v Man U in the mid 90s). Ok that was more of a collision, but that really did change his life. 

Unless Taylor comes out and says he intended on hurting Coleman, I seriously don't think there's a lot more you can do as punishment. 

A severe ban, and people will think twice about going into a challenge. If you stop tackling, then the games done. May as well play tag rugby!!

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

3-4 games for a bad two footed challenge. It is a contact sport, and anything more, then you'll be setting a precedent for every injury as a result of a bad tackle.

Injuries will happen, look at David Buust  (Coventry v Man U in the mid 90s). Ok that was more of a collision, but that really did change his life. 

Unless Taylor comes out and says he intended on hurting Coleman, I seriously don't think there's a lot more you can do as punishment. 

A severe ban, and people will think twice about going into a challenge. If you stop tackling, then the games done. May as well play tag rugby!!

Totally agree.

4 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Was it that nasty though? I get that it's done a lot of damage, but if you watch the replay, Taylor is looking at the ball

I had an argument with a Welsh mate about it, I said that I didn't think there was intent to 'do' Coleman, he thinks Taylor deserves whatever he gets. Nasty looking injury though

As I said previously, I think Bale was very lucky for his challenge only seconds earlier on O'Shea which Bale got a yellow for.

It was an off the floor lunge which caught O'Shea high up the shin, it was pure luck that it didn't cause any injury.

It really is just down to luck that some come away uninjured & some come away with their leg snapped in half, the same with every challenge that occurs during a game.

Looking back at the challenges personally i think the Bale one was actually worse. The Taylor Coleman one was a 50/50 ball there to be won unfortunately Coleman got there first and was to late for Taylor to pull out by then although he did go over the ball i admit. Hopefully Coleman makes a full recovery and in time for start of next season.

43 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

Looking back at the challenges personally i think the Bale one was actually worse. The Taylor Coleman one was a 50/50 ball there to be won unfortunately Coleman got there first and was to late for Taylor to pull out by then although he did go over the ball i admit. Hopefully Coleman makes a full recovery and in time for start of next season.

Sadly for the lad , (a committed / conscientious hard working pro by all accounts ) with a tibia & fibia break - think he will do well to get back next season at any point , and certainly before Christmas 

Heard a physio say these type of injuries normally start at 10 months min

54 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Something like 8 games plus 15 suspended. On Pedro Mendes

And he had elbowed people on many occasions before that shocker. Real nasty piece of work

52 minutes ago, Super said:

Easily one of the worst challenges I have seen! Only got a yellow card I think :facepalm:

53 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

The bloke had a bloody screw loose, I think. A real horrible bloke

Elbow/forearm smash to the side of the head wasn't it? One of the most cowardly cheap shots I've seen in any sport if it's the one I'm thinking of.

2 hours ago, Super said:

What did Ben Thatcher get for that assault on the Spurs guy (forgot his name)

I couldn't remember the incident after reading you're post so i had to find it....

No place in society for things like that let alone football! Could have easily been life changing for Mendes, Thatcher was a complete nutcase.

1 hour ago, yardy said:

I couldn't remember the incident after reading you're post so i had to find it....

No place in society for things like that let alone football! Could have easily been life changing for Mendes, Thatcher was a complete nutcase.

Still as bad as i remembered. Thats an assault.

Archived