IGNORED

Replacement for Wilbs next season?

LondonBristolian

With Magnusson scoring at international level this week and his clear potential, surely he needs to be giving the chance to cement a first choice place next season. Bailey Wright has really impressed me too.

But where does that leave Flint, I probably don't hear you ask? We need someone good in the air, aggressive and an eye for goal to replace Wilbs. So maybe Flint could do a Paul Warhurst or, as it is also known, a reverse Dion Dublin...

Flinty for number nine next season! I back him to get at least five times as many as Bas Savage...

4 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Leeds aren't getting relegated...are they!?

My Mum's hairdresser's seventeeth cousin twenty three times removed is the Chairman of Leeds United on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She says a massive scandal will be announced tomorrow that will see them get a record points dedication. You heard it here first!

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

My Mum's hairdresser's seventeeth cousin twenty three times removed is the Chairman of Leeds United on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She says a massive scandal will be announced tomorrow that will see them get a record points dedication. You heard it here first!

Funny, I heard that as well. Bloke down the pub who`s gardener`s brother in law knows someone who`s a Yorkshire CC member and he plays darts with the nephew of the assistant groundsman at Elland Road and he told him the same thing.

That`s all the evidence I need.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

With Magnusson scoring at international level this week and his clear potential, surely he needs to be giving the chance to cement a first choice place next season. Bailey Wright has really impressed me too.

But where does that leave Flint, I probably don't hear you ask? We need someone good in the air, aggressive and an eye for goal to replace Wilbs. So maybe Flint could do a Paul Warhurst or, as it is also known, a reverse Dion Dublin...

Flinty for number nine next season! I back him to get at least five times as many as Bas Savage...

Wright Flint Magnusson in 352 , Durijc  your target man  , And for me Wilbraham  comes off the bench  for extra  "know how " up top  or even help "shut up shop " at the back  whichever the greater need !

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Well this thread seems to have drifted but going back to your OP Flinty can certainly score with his head and his feet and does look like a natural goalscorer.

Whether he can do the rest of the forward's role - pulling the defence out of position, running into space etc. - I don't know but I'd hope he's been tried in training.

It would be great if, having tried and failed to land Peter Crouch, we fetched up our own one from defence.

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Press conference at 5?

Archived