IGNORED

Faux par

reddoh

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

Wife and I going out tonight , wife gets changed and asked me how she looked? told the truth, currently not talking :-(

That's faux pas ! 

I'm not speaking to you either .

( faux is french for ' false ' and ' pas ' is ' step ( pace ) . So you really put your foot in it . 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

That's faux pas ! 

( faux is french for ' false ' and ' pas ' is ' step ( pace ) . So you really put your foot in it . 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

That's faux pas ! 

Major you are the only friend I have please talk. I f you don't I may have to befriend a hedgehog from Horfield

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

Major you are the only friend I have please talk. I f you don't I may have to befriend a hedgehog from Horfield

I have over 7 thousand friends on FB so I don't need anymore . One day I may even meet one of these friends.

( Major comments on modern society) 

As for you , you little rascal, come 'ere .

:hug:

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

If this is a serious thread, and you didn't particularly like how she looked, there are nice ways of saying that. 

how do I look.

Answers

Good

Bad

Indifferent.

I'm guessing option 3 is best unless someone looks awful or good

better to say someone looks bad so they don't embarrass themselves when they go out...IMHO

No point in dressing it up, harsh or not the answer is the answer

I'm not saying they shouldn't be honest but there are ways of doing that for example 

"how do I look?" 

"Ok, but I like you much better in *insert alternative outfit*"

I'm just saying there are better ways of saying something than being blunt that's all :) 

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't be honest but there are ways of doing that for example 

"how do I look?" 

"Ok, but I like you much better in *insert alternative outfit*"

I'm just saying there are better ways of saying something than being blunt that's all :) 

:)

all depends on your relationship I guess.  I have always been quite blunt,but the other half has always been appreciative of it, as she knows and can rely on the opinion.  Now I  wouldn't be blunt in public, that is very different..

"How do I look?"

" a bit chavvy"

"Rough as a ducks arse"

" Beautiful"

"Stunning"

now if you heard any of those from the same person, would the good ones mean a lot more when you know the first 2 could be the answer... rather than you look okay,or you look great?

I my mind when you hear the words beautiful and stunning,its should mean a lot more than passable.

At the end of the day it is all about the finished article,clearly as the person is your other half you are generally attracted to them, so to make an impression the is must be something you are going to or someone you are going to see, so brutal honesty is the way to go... but that  is probably just a man thing.

Fair enough. No bugger tells me I look nice cos I've been single forever  :violin: so I guess I was just seeing it from the female point of view that I don't know anyone who wouldn't at least attempt to make themselves look presentable whether you're going out to dinner or going to put the bins out, :D so someone telling you otherwise would be hurtful :)  

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Fair enough. No bugger tells me I look nice cos I've been single forever  :violin: so I guess I was just seeing it from the female point of view that I don't know anyone who wouldn't at least attempt to make themselves look presentable whether you're going out to dinner or going to put the bins out, :D so someone telling you otherwise would be hurtful :)  

haha, to be fair I would not give an opinion unless asked :)

and I wouldn't really say the first two options in my list, but i also would not lie and sugar coat my response if asked.

If the other half told me I was a lard arse, i would probably have to agree, I wouldn't be hurt by it, but knowing she thought that may make me do something about it rather than if she she said, " no I like you the way your are, in attempt to make me feel better.

41 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Ahhhhhh!  Ahhhhhhhh!  Ahhhhhhhhhhh!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  never mind,

PS:  does my ahh's does look big in this? ....... thread.

16 hours ago, TRL said:

how do I look.

Answers

Good

Bad

Indifferent.

I'm guessing option 3 is best unless someone looks awful or good

better to say someone looks bad so they don't embarrass themselves when they go out...IMHO

No point in dressing it up, harsh or not the answer is the answer

Spoken like a batchelor.

Archived