IGNORED

next season

harvey

Ok lets say that we manage to stay up this season, and I believe we will. what is going to be different to suggest next year will be any different than this season has been. what is LJ going to change or do different. because if we keep doing what we are doing at the moment then there is nothing to say we wont be in the same situation next year. I have renewed my ST and will be there next season who ever is on charge. however please give us some insight what will make next season more successful.

Remember if what you are dong is not working do something different.

The sky will not fall down if we get relegated. The sun with come out and things will improve. SL cannot (and will not) let us remain in L1 (if it happens) for more than a season. This is bad for the Bristol Sport brand. Whilst not a Rugby supporter both teams are seemingly destined for a lower level. The question is if LJ/MA and SL can enthuse a group of moribund players to put the shirt ahead of their wallets and play regardless of their own issues etc. Some people will never be close to "earning" the money these people do. 

Incoherent rant over.

7 hours ago, MelksRed said:

The sky will not fall down if we get relegated. The sun with come out and things will improve. SL cannot (and will not) let us remain in L1 (if it happens) for more than a season. This is bad for the Bristol Sport brand. Whilst not a Rugby supporter both teams are seemingly destined for a lower level. The question is if LJ/MA and SL can enthuse a group of moribund players to put the shirt ahead of their wallets and play regardless of their own issues etc. Some people will never be close to "earning" the money these people do. 

Incoherent rant over.

If we go down it is not a given that we will bounce straight back up . It will be very hard for us as clubs will love to put one over on ex-Championship Bristol City . As Sheffield United know , smaller clubs raise their game when they come to a big stadium so our lads will need to be prepared to battle every game .

That said, we have some talent in the squad and even if we lose our best players it should be an interesting ride;

As for your comments regarding SL,  he has already said ' relegation isn't an option ' whilst leaving three novices in charge of the first team so I can't say that I have confidence in his judgment any more .

I feel our managers are generally spoilt and at the first sign of trouble they buy someone instead of coaching and developing players like Preston for example.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If we go down it is not a given that we will bounce straight back up . It will be very hard for us as clubs will love to put one over on ex-Championship Bristol City . As Sheffield United know , smaller clubs raise their game when they come to a big stadium so our lads will need to be prepared to battle every game .

That said, we have some talent in the squad and even if we lose our best players it should be an interesting ride;

As for your comments regarding SL,  he has already said ' relegation isn't an option ' whilst leaving three novices in charge of the first team so I can't say that I have confidence in his judgment any more .

I feel our managers are generally spoilt and at the first sign of trouble they buy someone instead of coaching and developing players like Preston for example.

Excellent post. Lansdown has lost it and says anything that pops in his head (pretty much ditto Johnson - I'd rather have blanket silence from these people now till May 8th). And you make an excellent point about just buying replacements (like Hegeler, who is better than all our other midfielders combined, and then leave him on the bench) instead of improving what we have - but Johnson is making these players worse by confusing them with so much claptrap. Excellent post, Major.

1 hour ago, Huntstile Red said:

Excellent post. Lansdown has lost it and says anything that pops in his head (pretty much ditto Johnson - I'd rather have blanket silence from these people now till May 8th). And you make an excellent point about just buying replacements (like Hegeler, who is better than all our other midfielders combined, and then leave him on the bench) instead of improving what we have - but Johnson is making these players worse by confusing them with so much claptrap. Excellent post, Major.

Thank you . 

Archived