IGNORED

Wipe the slate clean?

JacobsBS3

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I think there is nothing Johnson can do to keep us up; if the players wish to play in this league next season they alone will ensure this happens. And in my humble opinion the chances of staying up would be dramatically improved if he went on holiday right now. I am sure I am far from alone in this line of thought.

send him on holiday for seven weeks we might have a chance of staying up then 

15 hours ago, JacobsBS3 said:

Don't get me wrong, this season has been bad. One of promise but ultimately, sadly, underachievement.

LJ is here for the duration now and will either keep us up or take us down.

If he does keep us up would you be willing to put 2016/17 behind you and give him another chance to take us forward? Or is your mind made up that he's just not up to the job?

Following our slight upturn in fortunes before today I was airing towards the former.

However, that first half performance with a fresh, fully fit and supposedly up beat squad, was unforgivable.

Renewed the other day too, what a ******* mug.

Very upset with the club for screwing it up....again.

No.

15 hours ago, JacobsBS3 said:

If he does keep us up would you be willing to put 2016/17 behind you and give him another chance to take us forward? Or is your mind made up that he's just not up to the job?

I don't think we'll have a choice tbh.

If (and I think it is fair to say it is pretty tentative IF) we do stay up, then that'll be used by those invested in LJ's appointment (SL, MA, the board) as 'evidence' to justify their faith - roundly ignoring the fact that our aims (though perhaps not explicitly stated) were clearly higher than a relegation battle this season.

I want us to stay up, and realise that will likely mean the current coaching set up remains.  This is depressing, but the alternative is we go down a division and the club is seriously wounded by the abject stewardship of LJ.  

Plus; think he might remain even if we go down, which is a terrifying thought.

We're locked into a horrible situation right now, but I can safely say I'd not be supporting LJ if we stayed up, but just be worried about the future of the club.

The only way he could wipe the slate clean for me from here; he would have to keep us up and then challenge for the playoffs at the end of next season.

At the moment I can't see the first one happening but he might do the second one (just in the wrong league).

But IMO that would put him back to where he was at the end of last season in my book.

Personally I would have got rid in mid Jan but if he keeps us up now I would still get rid - just can't see him doing any better.

Still renewed my ST though :-(.

Archived