IGNORED

Mr Lansdowns on the pitch before our last home game to say thanks for our support.

WECANDO

27 minutes ago, Daniro said:

How about we ask Lansdown if he wouldn't mind getting his old mate Hargreaves in to run things for a bit?    Maybe Hargreaves is the brains behind the billions and Lansdown was in the right place at the right time.   Maybe Hargreaves can save us.

PH has far too much sense to **** about with football. SL has spent a lot on the playing side (ignore AG its not ours) in relative terms but his judgement has been consistently s hit and I think he has a lesser sporting intellect than a lower average fan. How an intelligent man comments in what he sees is childlike at times.

Doesn't make him a bad person. Doesnt make him a fan either.

City is a plaything. Mind boggling cash to 99.99% of the population. Loose change to the owner.

He has lost a huge amount of goodwill but if he showed some genuine humility and put club ahead of nepotism he would win most people bac.

12 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

You can beg and differ, but when City were relegated to the fourth, City's gates were higher than Rovers ... 

In the season we were relegated to the 4th then yes I agree our crowds were higher (they weren't good 6,500 when a few short seasons before we were averaging more than three times that).

In our first season in the 4th division we averaged 4,800 whilst Rovers (playing the the league above) averaged 6,200. I'm pretty sure we were close to the bottom at one point and were barely hitting 4k. A few season's later we must have been playing dire football again to finish 9th in division 3 but average only 6,600.

For some comparision Sheffield United managed to average nearly 15k in their single season in the 4th in 81/82, more than double what we managed in our 83/84 promotion season.

I was there all through the dark days and as far as I'm concerned the crowds did not really hold up.

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Has it! I am probably as old as you and I can not ever feeling this helpless. Yes we can talk about 82 but at least people stayed behind the club. This is a completely different type of clawing at my gut! 

We are in the hands of a man that will not see sense and there is nothing that anyone can do. 

I believe in the end fan power can win

Adverse publicity plus falling revenue

City will survive SL and his yes men. City will be here when SL and   BS are a forgotten footnote in our history

Harry will  be the owner remembered, the one who took us to the Promised Land 

Fan power can win in the end but they must turn away, which is so difficult being in nature fans of this our club. Even that wont do it because didn't SL say that the fans will come back when we are at the top of the league? presume he meant the division below.

He will get fed up/bored and go away one day all by himself but doubt if I will live to see it, still have the picture of a great team/manager/chairman in the Williams that night when we did rise to the top tier; great days proper club.

35 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

In the season we were relegated to the 4th then yes I agree our crowds were higher (they weren't good 6,500 when a few short seasons before we were averaging more than three times that).

In our first season in the 4th division we averaged 4,800 whilst Rovers (playing the the league above) averaged 6,200. I'm pretty sure we were close to the bottom at one point and were barely hitting 4k. A few season's later we must have been playing dire football again to finish 9th in division 3 but average only 6,600.

For some comparision Sheffield United managed to average nearly 15k in their single season in the 4th in 81/82, more than double what we managed in our 83/84 promotion season.

I was there all through the dark days and as far as I'm concerned the crowds did not really hold up.

I watched City through each division. At the bottom City gates held up v Rovers or for more comparison Cardiff's and other teams like Wolves who hit the same lowly level.  

Cardiff had lower gates than City in higher divisions.

So yes Bristol City gates held up better (yes) than near neighbours in a time where average gates across the divisions were lower.

On 01/04/2017 at 22:19, WECANDO said:

We've been relegated. What do we do? Cheer for what he's done for the club or boo him for stupidly keeping LJ when just about everyone knew he should have sacked him some time back? Over to you.

Couldn't care less as I won't be there. I can't face any more of this dross.

6 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

More for being pushed to purchase before the end game is known!

This annoys me so much. The club knows you want to support it and takes plenty of liberties safe in the knowledge that they have something you want and you won't want to go without.

On 2 April 2017 at 16:13, Cowshed said:

The use of our could be subjective, but prior to Mr Lansdown and post 1982 no individual could have a shareholding of above 25%.

The ground via Bristol City holdings was owned by thousands, now it is owned by Mr Lansdown.

The stadium is as much ours as it is the rugby club. Both are tenants.

ok, I will agree with that and re-word my question. When in the last 30 odd years has the ground not been owed by the major shareholder?

29 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

ok, I will agree with that and re-word my question. When in the last 30 odd years has the ground not been owed by the major shareholder?

Exact date, I could not answer that faithfully, so sometime in the last ten years. Pre Mr Lansdown no individual could own more than a 25% shareholding of BCFC. That 25% stipulation was part of Bristol City FC's constitution from 1982 onwards.

On 02/04/2017 at 12:32, ontariored said:

Don't bother to turn up. He has his own agenda. If nobody turns up he might get the message. 

That's where it's at pal-its the only thing he is likely to take notice of.

Sadly,regardless of how badly the club is being run too many are actually afraid NOT to turn up because they're unsure of how else to fill the time,I'm sure if it.

And class themselves as "real fans" over and above anyone else capable of actioning indipendant thought.

A mass bout of baaaing may more suffice..??

On 02/04/2017 at 21:34, Sleepy1968 said:

No matter what division they are in, Sheffield Utd have always been a bigger, better supported club than us.

Attendances were down all over the country in the early to mid 80s, so it's an unfair comparison. As for the Gas, the year Rovers averaged more than us (when they were a division above incidentally) is the only time they've done so in over a half a century. 

5 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

That's where it's at pal-its the only thing he is likely to take notice of.

Sadly,regardless of how badly the club is being run too many are actually afraid NOT to turn up because they're unsure of how else to fill the time,I'm sure if it.

And class themselves as "real fans" over and above anyone else capable of actioning indipendant thought.

A mass bout of baaaing may more suffice..??

I've renewed, I don't consider myself a better (or worse) fan than anyone else though. It's all about personal choices and mine is (as it has been for the last 23 seasons) to renew.

It's a shame that certain posters can't get their head round it, labeling people "sheep" or "mugs" for renewing or equally being labeled disloyal for not renewing. Do you want you want at the end of the day, there's no need to sneer at people for making their choice.

On 03/04/2017 at 06:40, Hampshire reds said:

Won't be there. Say what he likes. Fed up with football. The Johnson family has ruined our club. 

It's not just the Johnsons though is it?

The Lansdowns were and remain behind them.

They've ****** the football club over as much as anyone.

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:19, Cowshed said:

I watched City through each division. At the bottom City gates held up v Rovers or for more comparison Cardiff's and other teams like Wolves who hit the same lowly level.  

Cardiff had lower gates than City in higher divisions.

So yes Bristol City gates held up better (yes) than near neighbours in a time where average gates across the divisions were lower.

I`m sure I saw us play at Molineux, and there were only about 3500 there.

Archived