IGNORED

Spot the ball - and the gaping holes....

BigAl&Toby

Another interesting pic from yesterday. Look how many Brentford players there are in and around the box. Look at our lot. Watching.

Many goalside of their opponents? Many close enough to "get a foot in"?

But don't panic. Joe Bryan showed his prowess yesterday. Cotterill wasn't interested. Tomlin brooded in midfield.

By half time we was dead and buried.

Anyone see Messrs Lansdown?

IMG_9676.JPG

Brentford knew exactly what to do and had confidence to commit players forward because they knew our weaknesses and what our reaction would be. You could have taken a similar photo about 10 times in the first half. I don't know how many shots they had by half time but it was so easy for them.

I wish you had a photo of a moment in the second half at the same end (but obviously with us on the attack) that summed up our tactical futility. It would have looked nothing like the photo above. Cotterill whipped a very early cross into the box, we had no one bar Tammy that far forward so as per usual it was Tammy vs 3 or 4 players, unsurprisingly he couldn't do much with it (even if he knocked it down, who would it have gone to), the ball was half cleared to just outside the box, and amazingly, we've got no ****r there either, so the Brentford midfield just collected the second ball and went back at us. FFS. 

If you're not going to commit people further forward, surely they would instead be in a position to win things in front of the Brentford defence. It really wound me up. One thing Lee Johnson has made an artform of this season is setting us up in a way where we appear to completely sacrifice one attribute, only to fail miserably to get the dividend from the other attribute we were presumably meant to be investing in. Sit back / but won't tackle. Narrow shape / but so easily passed through. One up front / win nothing in midfield. We're being beaten by our manager each week as much as we are by opponents.

Archived