IGNORED

5 changes for Preston

cityred exile

I trying to read LJ mind  " if that's possible"  what both what I think he will select for Tuesday         In a brave 442 !     FRANKIE   LITTLE/VYNER   FLINT  B WRIGHT   MAGGS     BROWNHILL  KOREY  HEGLER   JOE Y     ALBY TAMMY                                               SUBS      GIEFER , BOBBY COTTS TOMMO PACKY COD MATTY  

Mate, even if I could decipher your very bizarrely set out post....I'm finding it very hard to debate potential line ups right now, and I know that posting on this thread leaves me open to 'well why comment then?' type replies....but I just wanted to say, I'm not sure it matters which eleven LJ puts out, it's over....he's admitted he's going 'back to the drawing board' - in April!!!!! It's over, he's admitted he hasn't got a clue, and it's April....

5 changes for Preston Out.

Johnson

Holden

Ashton

And any two from the faceless BoD.

Until the end of the season in

Wilbo getting something from the players that looks like respect and who ever he needs to get us over the line!

Just a thought!

50 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Mate, even if I could decipher your very bizarrely set out post....I'm finding it very hard to debate potential line ups right now, and I know that posting on this thread leaves me open to 'well why comment then?' type replies....but I just wanted to say, I'm not sure it matters which eleven LJ puts out, it's over....he's admitted he's going 'back to the drawing board' - in April!!!!! It's over, he's admitted he hasn't got a clue, and it's April....

What bothers me most is that McInnes stated 24 hours before he got sacked...The players are not doing it I will play the kids for the next game....This is just the updated 2017 version of I am buggered please fire me while I still have a modicum of self respect!

1 hour ago, shelts said:

I have no problem playing the kidz. 

Here is your selection then from Under 16 through to Senior Academy. There are some seriously cracking names in that list. Lets get them more in the public domain.. they deserve it I reckon:-

First Years 

Chris Turner-Williams, Jack Turner, Jayden Ali, Harry Smith, Theo Llewellyn, Josh Mortimer, Ricardo Rees, Cameron Allen. 

Second Years 

Kel Akpobire, Owen Barry, George Dowling, Opanin Edwards, Lloyd Kelly, James Morton, George Nurse, Aaron Parsons, Harrison Reeves, Tom Richards, Harvey Smith. 

Development Group (eligible forUnder-21s) 

JoJo Wollacott, Max O'Leary, Charlie Harris, Ashley Harper, Aden Baldwin, Cameron Pring, Joseph McNulty, Harvey Moss, Jake Andrews, Joe Morrell, Connor Lemonheigh-Evans, Shawn McCoulsky, James Difford, Shabazz Omofe, Jack Challis, Kodi Lyons-Foster, Jonny Smith, Diego De Girolamo, Zak Vyner. 

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/team/academy/index.aspx#EbW0fFCQLe21FxO6.99

I wouldn't know where to start!!

jo jo Wollacott is a cracker. Kodi Lyons-Foster . Shabazz omofe . Connor lemonheigh-Evans . I do love a double barrelled surname .

i have watched Lloyd Kelly quite a few times and the boy is ready trust. George Dowling turned down the whole Prem to sign with us, south Bristol lad did well at the end of last year . Maybe I should word things a little differently after looking at my first post!!

Time for a sense of perspective, that was our first defeat since February. I hope Lee doesn't make radical changes. I would bring back Wilbraham for Tomlin and I believe O Neill is unfit so should be replaced by Hegelar, but otherwise give the players the chance to make up for their sluggish first half at Brentford. 

It would be crazy to make changes to a back four that has begun to look solid (45 mins at Brentford aside) in recent weeks.

Hang on guys sglosbcfc, above, is 100% right.

You can't - or shouldn't demand mass changes for a very poor first 45 at Griffin if you have, at the same time been demanding consistency of selection until the end of the season.

Only Frankie, Tammy and Hegeler came out of Saturday with any credit but why not start tomorrow with Hegeler on for Pack and the same starting line up?

If Tomlin shows another inept start, bring on Wilbs after 30 mins score depending.

We haven't left our beds on a Monday and some assume we are back in the old bad run, possibly not even going to Deepdale. I say 'go north, you'll enjoy it!'

He said back to the drawing board did he? tbh I am so depressed about Saturday I have only just been able to look at the tables, we are in a heap of trouble, Blackburn are our only realistic hope of finishing in 22nd spot, and they are improving, with an experienced manager. We on the other hand are going backwards according to our head coach, just what the troops needed to here, that will galvanise their fight for the cause...not.

Saturday's defeat was all about Johnson, and his pathetic inability to stir up passion in the team, our young gun of a poster Flint says no or similar, suggested it was the players fault, well any coach worth his salt would motivate his players, and they would fight, fight, fight, for the coach and the club, but they don't here at this club, they just want gone, and the TV camera's will provide an opportunity before the Summer to prove they are good players, and the coach is the problem.This where good management should be a factor, not some wishy washy owner allowing this happen, and giving the management cart blanch to unpick all the hard work that got us in the Championship, the fact that Lansdown was too afraid to act is a a disgrace, and even if we do escape the trap door, I fear for us next season, we have lost our identity, our passion,  Bristol Sport is a joke, more interested in putting on functions and the new AG than running a football club. I give you Bristol Rugby....a huge effort to get in the Prem, and now back to the drawing board too! But according to the spin, they will walk the league next season.

I prefer the spit and sawdust of Bristol City, the East End, and Terry Cooper's Red Army any day of the week compared to this lash up these money moguls have dished up, What a mess,...get some footballing nous down there  asap or we will continue to fail and be the joke of the football world, the biggest club in the whole country to have never played in the Premier League, and counting....... 

57 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Magners in for Wright(or for Bryan!)

Tammy n Taylor up top.

Hegeler in for O-Neil.

Drop Tomlin to bench.

Patterson back on bench as now fit.

Understand???

So Hegeler, who can't tackle and has no energy, for our most energetic midfielder.

Magnusson for Wright, possibly our most consistently good player over the last dozen matches.

Taylor in for Tomlin, our potential match-winner (at a point in the season when we need a match-winner).

I'm with those who say don't change a team just because of a poor 45 minutes.  If O'Neill is unfit, I'd replace him with Brownhill or Reid, otherwise I'd play the same team.

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

LJ has not got a scooby doo! Total chaos, no organisation, no tactics, no plan, no option B, no tactics, no strategy, no idea!

And finally no excuses LJ.

Sorry, it may be easy to type that, but it's simply not true.  We had a bad 45 minutes in the first half against Brentford.  Apart from that the organisation/tactics/plan has been working pretty well recently. 

Good soundbite but, as with many soundbites, pretty meaningless.

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So Hegeler, who can't tackle and has no energy, for our most energetic midfielder.

Magnusson for Wright, possibly our most consistently good player over the last dozen matches.

Taylor in for Tomlin, our potential match-winner (at a point in the season when we need a match-winner).

I'm with those who say don't change a team just because of a poor 45 minutes.  If O'Neill is unfit, I'd replace him with Brownhill or Reid, otherwise I'd play the same team.

It's all about opinions pal-i could say you don't know what your talking about,but i shall resist the urge.

Fielding 

Smith

Flint

Wright 

Magnussen

Cotterill

Hegeler

Brownhill

O'Dowda

Taylor

Abraham 

This is what I want anyway it will probably be Joey at LB and Magnussen on the bench. My preferred line up has 4 changes there I think Hegeler deserves to be back in the starting 11 and Is ould have Brownhill in there because Pack and Hegeler don't make a good partnership and I think these two were unfairly dropped. Also Brownhill used to play for Preston so it would be good to play him.

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do you even watch City?

28 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, it may be easy to type that, but it's simply not true.  We had a bad 45 minutes in the first half against Brentford.  Apart from that the organisation/tactics/plan has been working pretty well recently. 

Good soundbite but, as with many soundbites, pretty meaningless.

You have your view and I have mine - unfortunately apart from one freak result v Huddersfield (and Burton beat them in there own back yard last weekend), this "head coach" has not got a scooby doo. Get real! The table never lies at this stage of the season.

59 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

It's all about opinions pal-i could say you don't know what your talking about,but i shall resist the urge.

Fair play to you - as you say it's all about opinions and it never ceases to amaze me how opinions vary.

Just to defend my point of view in this case, I think we need energy in midfield, and I can't see will get that from Hegeler; and I think Tomlin is worth the risk, just because of his ability to produce the unexpected.  I can't see us grinding out results, and any success we have now is more likely to be based on flair and opportunism, so Tomlin for me has to play.  I agree that it is harsh that Magnusson is out of the team, but I've not seen Bailey Wright do much wrong in recent weeks, and he does appear to be a leader.  There may be a case for replacing Bryan with Magnusson (though Bryan was excellent against Huddersfield), but I've never seen Magnusson at Left Back, so I can't comment on that.

And yes, I do watch City, and not always with rose-coloured glasses either.

On 03/04/2017 at 07:13, Hampshire Red said:

Hang on guys sglosbcfc, above, is 100% right.

You can't - or shouldn't demand mass changes for a very poor first 45 at Griffin if you have, at the same time been demanding consistency of selection until the end of the season.

Only Frankie, Tammy and Hegeler came out of Saturday with any credit but why not start tomorrow with Hegeler on for Pack and the same starting line up?

If Tomlin shows another inept start, bring on Wilbs after 30 mins score depending.

We haven't left our beds on a Monday and some assume we are back in the old bad run, possibly not even going to Deepdale. I say 'go north, you'll enjoy it!'

Surely it's not the fans calling for mass changes ? I understood it's the manager?

He stated after Saturday that it's 'back to the drawing board', and that he can't trust  certain players who played on Saturday.

So if we are to believe what he said, then expect mass changes.

2 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Fielding 

Smith

Flint

Wright 

Magnussen

Cotterill

Hegeler

Brownhill

O'Dowda

Taylor

Abraham 

This is what I want anyway it will probably be Joey at LB and Magnussen on the bench. My preferred line up has 4 changes there I think Hegeler deserves to be back in the starting 11 and Is ould have Brownhill in there because Pack and Hegeler don't make a good partnership and I think these two were unfairly dropped. Also Brownhill used to play for Preston so it would be good to play him.

Spot on-lets go for this.....

Sadly Zero chance Lee picks this eleven.

2 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Fielding 

Smith

Flint

Wright 

Magnussen

Cotterill

Hegeler

Brownhill

O'Dowda

Taylor

Abraham 

I'm in agreement with this line up. Absolutely no chance the bullet proof idiot will pick it but FWIW, I totally agree with you.

Archived