IGNORED

Bristol City U23 v Crewe U23 Tonight (Merged)

Garycpos

And I thought we had turned the corner too. Going from bad to worse. 

Do we reach a point where someone says 'we've been trying this approach for 20 plus years now and failed massively'.

How about we try a new approach of creating a TEAM of WINNERS and a WINNING MENTALITY. Assume everyone else is doing this boys vs men approach and that everyone is trying to push down the age of their Under-23 team's to playing with a bunch of 12 year olds. So, if we play our men vs their boys we could start winning and, you never know, that might might change the culture of the Club and eventually produce a first team that will give 100% from the first minute and not so willingly accept defeat in any battle, personal or team.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

I think the whole club at the moment is a laughing stock . See they brought mcCoulsky on with 15 to go . Goal machine . Wonder why he didn't start . 

He played 90minutes at the weekend for Bath? Still trains with us though

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

I think there is something wrong with the coaching at bcfc. Surely we should not loosing 4/1 at home to Crewe. By the results the under 23 get not to many are pushing for the first team.

Shocking! Who the **** wants to play for our bloody first team!

At least they are crap before LJ turns them into crap!

league one is shaking in its boots. 

2 hours ago, hollydog said:

Unfortunately our youth coaching is a shambles. A former player of ours who was involved in coaching at  another club in the south west told me as much. 

Why am I not surprised 

Everything about the club is a shambles 

Let's keep beating the club because we've had a bad season. The U23 have got nothing to do with what we see on Saturdays so why not let them grow without all the negativity. Most of our U23s could play in it for another 5-6 years. They've played some good football at times this year. They've been invested into heavily this year but it takes more than a season to make a good academy. 

• Admin
46 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Most of our U23s could play in it for another 5-6 years

Genuine question @JoeAman08, as I have never seen the U23's play

Is there anyone in the squad you can see making the step up to our first team in the near future?

(obviously if we go down the step gets a little lower)

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Is there anyone in the squad you can see making the step up to our first team in the near future?

I don't think I'm the best to ask to be honest. I've seen them a few times but not sure I'm an expert on it. Only comment on it because it seems unfair to criticise them as their results are the end all be all of their purpose. I agree a winning mentality can go a long way but most of our U23s are 17-19 years old and many others have players a bit older than that. 

From what I've seen of them, I liked the look of Pring and Kelly. Problem is they play similar positions(left footed defenders). It's really hard to say as I don't think any are very close to championship level though Kelly could be ready for a step up to L1 in a limited role. Pring has some good pace on him but for me it's hard to tell their long term potential. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Let's keep beating the club because we've had a bad season. The U23 have got nothing to do with what we see on Saturdays so why not let them grow without all the negativity. Most of our U23s could play in it for another 5-6 years. They've played some good football at times this year. They've been invested into heavily this year but it takes more than a season to make a good academy. 

Your right , SL  and others have invested heavily for nearly 20YEARS and it still shite.

Anymore excuses which are not true you would like to come up with.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Have you seen today's Bristol Post , with the money with spent on youngsters ( according to LJ) this season we should be winning the U23 Champions League 

Archived