IGNORED

Team for Preston

Kingswoodactor

Only changes I would make would be:

Hordur for Bryan,

Brownhill and Hegeler for O'Neil and Pack. 

Hodor deserves his chance, and has been shut out for far too long now. Added freshness in midfield, and Tomlin MUST stay closer to Tammy, like he was against Hudds. 

Hopeful of snatching a point up there like we usually do.

16 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Only changes I would make would be:

Hordur for Bryan,

Brownhill and Hegeler for O'Neil and Pack. 

Hodor deserves his chance, and has been shut out for far too long now. Added freshness in midfield, and Tomlin MUST stay closer to Tammy, like he was against Hudds. 

Hopeful of snatching a point up there like we usually do.

Completely agree. As a minimum Hegeler and Hordur must come in. Bryan has to be dropped after a really really poor run of form and Hegeler was head and shoulders above the rest when he came on Saturday so comes in for O'Neill. Not too worried about the other change with Brownhill for Pack but certainly wouldn't be against it. I'd probably keep Pack to start, just......

12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Fielding

smith wright flint mags

cotterill brownhil hegeler cod

wilbs tammy

Actually Wilbs could be a decent shout for starting alongside Tammy. Especially if he gives the type of performance like he did up at Newcastle, where he absolutely battered their centre-backs!

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

Actually Wilbs could be a decent shout for starting alongside Tammy. Especially if he gives the type of performance like he did up at Newcastle, where he absolutely battered their centre-backs!

He always seems to score v Preston so I'd give him a game and allow Tammy some more room

GK- Fielding

LB- Mags

CB- Wright

CB- Flint

RB- Smith 

CM- Brownhill

CM- Hegeler

RM- cotts

LM- COD

CAM- Tomlin 

ST- Tammy

Stick with the 4-2-3-1 it's been the most used and therefore most well known formation for the players 

Tomlin cannot drop back like he has been recently as it will isolate Tammy.

At points Tomlin has been further behind the ball then pack or GON was. We don't get the best out of him or Tammy as a result.

Baffling why you'd all have Hegeler as part of a two man midfield.  Assuming anyone wanting this didn't see him look completely lost and stroll around against Fulham.  

Id play

.                  Fielding 

Vyner. Flint. Wright. Magnusson

Reid. Smith. Hegeler

Cotterill.  Abraham. O Dowda      

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Baffling why you'd all have Hegeler as part of a two man midfield.  Assuming anyone wanting this didn't see him look completely lost and stroll around against Fulham.  

Id play

Reid. Smith. Hegeler

If we based everyone on their performance against Fulham 'that' night, we'd surely struggle to pick anyone. 

Vyner back in for a massive game? Now that is baffling.

I'm also sure that changing formation 'again' is just what we need at this point... :whistle:

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Id play

Reid. Smith. Hegeler

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

If we based everyone on their performance against Fulham 'that' night, we'd surely struggle to pick anyone. 

I'm also sure that changing formation 'again' is just what we need at this point... :whistle:

I do think Hegeler will play best as the Central midfielder of a 3 man midfield. Flanked by Reid and Brownhill could be the best we get.

However we've had so many formation changes it would be hard to implement a new formation just from 1 training session. 

5 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Nobody else to play right back. Smith needed in midfield as GON injured and can't rely on Pack to dominate.  I'd rather be weak at right back than central midfield.  

Pretty sure professional players at our level can cope with 4-3-3

Irrelevent anyway as Johnson will pick a baffling line up I suspect.

11 hours ago, Tears in rain said:

GK- Fielding

LB- Mags

CB- Wright

CB- Flint

RB- Smith 

CM- Brownhill

CM- Hegeler

RM- cotts

LM- COD

CAM- Tomlin 

ST- Tammy

Stick with the 4-2-3-1 it's been the most used and therefore most well known formation for the players 

Tomlin cannot drop back like he has been recently as it will isolate Tammy.

At points Tomlin has been further behind the ball then pack or GON was. We don't get the best out of him or Tammy as a result.

Joe Bryan will never be dropped. 

Not sure how we are going to line up. We've played 4-4-2 for the last few months but we struggled on Saturday in the first half because Forest had an extra man in midfield. We reverted to 3-5-2 in the second half and it worked. However we don't normally play that system at home so it's anyone's guess as to which formation we play really.

As for personnel, Baptiste will probably come in after his return from injury, Robinson may start after making a good impact when he came on vs Forest, and Hugill hasn't been playing great recently so Makienok may come in.

Our key players (IMHO) are Pearson, McGeady (top, top quality player), and at the moment, Barkhuizen too (5 goals in 5 starts).

13 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Not sure how we are going to line up. We've played 4-4-2 for the last few months but we struggled on Saturday in the first half because Forest had an extra man in midfield. We reverted to 3-5-2 in the second half and it worked. However we don't normally play that system at home so it's anyone's guess as to which formation we play really.

As for personnel, Baptiste will probably come in after his return from injury, Robinson may start after making a good impact when he came on vs Forest, and Hugill hasn't been playing great recently so Makienok may come in.

Our key players (IMHO) are Pearson, McGeady (top, top quality player), and at the moment, Barkhuizen too (5 goals in 5 starts).

Agree 100% with you on McGeady... Do you think you'll be able to keep him longer term?

What sort of reception will Bailey receive and do you miss him?

10 hours ago, FNQ said:

Agree 100% with you on McGeady... Do you think you'll be able to keep him longer term?

What sort of reception will Bailey receive and do you miss him?

I don't think we've missed him a lot, and that doesn't mean I don't rate him or didn't want him to stay but Huntington and Andy Boyle (new January signing from Dundalk) have slotted in just fine for him. I think he'll receive a ripple of applause for Wembley and then down to business.

Archived