IGNORED

Can the man not stfu?

frenchred

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The higher the level the less chances you get to prove yourself. He needs to handle the pressure not snatch at chances because he isn't being given them. If Matty Taylor scores 5 instead of 2 we would see him more often. He was a cheap punt and one that can still come good but at the moment he isn't better than Tammy and doesn't bring the same presence of Djuric or Wilbraham. He's a luxury that needs to work hard and produce to play. 

So you've written him off already. Amazing

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The higher the level the less chances you get to prove yourself. He needs to handle the pressure not snatch at chances because he isn't being given them. If Matty Taylor scores 5 instead of 2 we would see him more often. He was a cheap punt and one that can still come good but at the moment he isn't better than Tammy and doesn't bring the same presence of Djuric or Wilbraham. He's a luxury that needs to work hard and produce to play. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong , but didn't the Tammy Taylor partnership go 3 goals up in 45 minutes of football this season until the clown decided to change it

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion from his post?

Well, maybe I've jumped to a conclusion, but it does look a bit odd that you're ok about Djuric (who I like too, but has a similar success rate as Taylor) but are calling Taylor a luxury. You're probably right that I've got you wrong, I just reckon he hasn't played enough and should be playing and defo over Wilbraham. You have seen how we play when he's got Wilbs in the side.. Where is he? Woooosh

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well, maybe I've jumped to a conclusion, but it does look a bit odd that you're ok about Djuric (who I like too, but has a similar success rate as Taylor) but are calling Taylor a luxury. You're probably right that I've got you wrong, I just reckon he hasn't played enough and should be playing and defo over Wilbraham. You have seen how we play when he's got Wilbs in the side.. Where is he? Woooosh

No im not writing him off. I'm just saying the stakes are now higher for him. He did play well at Derby but he also had a nightmare of a miss in that game. A similar Miss to the one Bobby Reid had at cardiff(which could be argued was deflected over) and he was slated and many said he shouldn't be playing. 

Look, all I'm trying to say is he's opened himself up to the criticism. Some of these misses haven't even hit the target and the margins are so thin, they've cost us. I've brought up Djuric not to say he is any better or worse than Taylor only that he brings an element to the game that Matty can't so Matty needs to play that much better to get more time because he is behind Tammy and Djuric and possibly even Tomlin(sacrificing a striker to play him)  as a starting option. 

Whether or not it's right to publicly state it is a debate but I don't think you can say he's 100% wrong. It's been done before, hell it was done today. Different managers and such but Luke Shaw was publicly criticised by Mourinho. Like I said, Mourinho has done a lot more than LJ but players will get criticised and it will work sometimes and not some others. I guess time will tell with Matty T. He just needs to keep working and make sure he takes his chance next time. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

No im not writing him off. I'm just saying the stakes are now higher for him. He did play well at Derby but he also had a nightmare of a miss in that game. A similar Miss to the one Bobby Reid had at cardiff(which could be argued was deflected over) and he was slated and many said he shouldn't be playing. 

Look, all I'm trying to say is he's opened himself up to the criticism. Some of these misses haven't even hit the target and the margins are so thin, they've cost us. I've brought up Djuric not to say he is any better or worse than Taylor only that he brings an element to the game that Matty can't so Matty needs to play that much better to get more time because he is behind Tammy and Djuric and possibly even Tomlin(sacrificing a striker to play him)  as a starting option. 

Whether or not it's right to publicly state it is a debate but I don't think you can say he's 100% wrong. It's been done before, hell it was done today. Different managers and such but Luke Shaw was publicly criticised by Mourinho. Like I said, Mourinho has done a lot more than LJ but players will get criticised and it will work sometimes and not some others. I guess time will tell with Matty T. He just needs to keep working and make sure he takes his chance next time. 

Fair point, although I think with LJ's own record this season, it would've been better to say nothing to the press. Cheers, mate

The thing is LJ has an interview as a platform to discuss what he likes and if questioned about it he will answer...

What annoys me is, as fans the only way we can do the same is not in an interview, but at games. We can shout, Boo, and show our displeasure. Yet when we do our majority share holder lambasts us for doing so. That our criticism for the team doesn't help performances.

Yet here is our head coach doing exactly the same albeit not from the stands. What will this do for Taylor's confidence? To move to a rival club was a big deal. I'm not sure this would have done much to improve his game. While I agree on part that it feels like we are having a dig at LJ for the slightest thing but, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don't worry he'll be plying his trade in his happy hunting ground of league 1 next season. Watch him go then!!

26 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

The thing is LJ has an interview as a platform to discuss what he likes and if questioned about it he will answer...

What annoys me is, as fans the only way we can do the same is not in an interview, but at games. We can shout, Boo, and show our displeasure. Yet when we do our majority share holder lambasts us for doing so. That our criticism for the team doesn't help performances.

Yet here is our head coach doing exactly the same albeit not from the stands. What will this do for Taylor's confidence? To move to a rival club was a big deal. I'm not sure this would have done much to improve his game. While I agree on part that it feels like we are having a dig at LJ for the slightest thing but, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

you didn't actually listen to the interview did you?
He speaks far more positively about the players than negatively and backs them all to succeed, you, like the post with their headline have put more spin onto this than Shane Warne

32 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

great things, contracts.

What are you suggesting? That the mighty Bristol City could keep hold of a player regardless of him wanting to be here and regardless of what level of football... not in modern football!

or do you mean he might have a relegation clause... that would be a great thing right now... if you're Jens. 

All that said, I'm sure we can all think of one person at Ashton Gate who thinks a shiny new contract is a great thing....

1 hour ago, ColeCiderRed said:

You're absolutely right. With his routine public commentary on individuals, wildly contradictory mixed messages, readiness to scapegoat players, he has to my eyes alienated just about everyone in the squad, and anyone he hasn't alienated he has certainly confused and demoralised.

You make a wonderful point about the double standards of Lansdown asking supporters to get behind the team to protect their fragile confidence, but has no issue with his golden child's passive aggressive, divisive ramblings. Proof, if needed, of the cosy arrangement the two of them have.

By the way, several people have quite reasonably pointed out here and elsewhere that Johnson is asked a question and simply answered, what do you expect him to do. Err.. how about don't answer it? The world doesn't stop spinning if BCFC.co.uk or the EP don't get a soundbite. 

Ever noticed how Ferguson, Mourinho and other top managers routinely say nothing to a reporter, or give them short shrift. Not the end of the world. These are managers with huge amounts of success so they obviously know what they're doing and what is best left said only in private.

But our Lee likes speaking to the media because his professional output (results, performances) lack any credibility, so he hopes to set the agenda by spinning his way out of trouble and throwing others under the bus. I would be quite happy not to hear from him for the rest of the season. 

38 minutes ago, Olé said:

You're absolutely right. With his routine public commentary on individuals, wildly contradictory mixed messages, readiness to scapegoat players, he has to my eyes alienated just about everyone in the squad, and anyone he hasn't alienated he has certainly confused and demoralised.

You make a wonderful point about the double standards of Lansdown asking supporters to get behind the team to protect their fragile confidence, but has no issue with his golden child's passive aggressive, divisive ramblings. Proof, if needed, of the cosy arrangement the two of them have.

By the way, several people have quite reasonably pointed out here and elsewhere that Johnson is asked a question and simply answered, what do you expect him to do. Err.. how about don't answer it? The world doesn't stop spinning if BCFC.co.uk or the EP don't get a soundbite. 

Ever noticed how Ferguson, Mourinho and other top managers routinely say nothing to a reporter, or give them short shrift. Not the end of the world. These are managers with huge amounts of success so they obviously know what they're doing and what is best left said only in private.

But our Lee likes speaking to the media because his professional output (results, performances) lack any credibility, so he hopes to set the agenda by spinning his way out of trouble and throwing others under the bus. I would be quite happy not to hear from him for the rest of the season. 

Good post again Ole :thumbsup:

Only thing I'd add is Mourinho's problems started at Chelsea when he began criticising his players in media , something he'd never previously done

Doing the same at Man U and I'd suggest is underachiever get there at present

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

you didn't actually listen to the interview did you?
He speaks far more positively about the players than negatively and backs them all to succeed, you, like the post with their headline have put more spin onto this than Shane Warne

No spin mate. Just an observation about the Taylor point, which the OP alluded too. Fair play for the Shane Warne analogy tho, been waiting to use he, eh?

Archived