IGNORED

"We got into 'this scenario' by spending £15m on young players"

Olé

"But hopefully, with a bit of luck, as you see with Barnsley's progression, if you can stick with it and continue to the plan you get the players come through, very valuable assets, and a performance on the pitch and a contract that the players are locked in."

I believe a very famous person once suggested that if you keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome, it's the definition of madness?

Sadly, I am beyond the point of caring now which coming from a fan and ST holder for approaching 30 years is a sad state of affairs. I just live in hope that whatever happens come the end of the season, we remove LJ from being in charge and we build something more plausible and exciting...I really cannot face another season of boring football watching non-motivated players who play without structure and in a total disorganised way!!

23 minutes ago, Super said:

You don't have to bother with mind games to defeat us...

I do think we should be winning tonight but I can't say I'm as confident about what the result will be as your supporters who almost unanimously think home win.

Maybe I'm just being a typically over-cautious football fan but as Mortis said before, your 4-0 win the other week plants a few doubts in my mind and you do have Tomlin and Abraham up top.

When will it end. Please please please when will it end!!  This constant bullshite is just beyond parody now. Just making it up as he goes along. For someone so fêted at the start of his reign for being a 'details man' who did 'fantastic presentations' the crap that he spouts and the stats that he ignores continually are just unbelievable. Please please please just do the decent thing and go. 

6 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I do think we should be winning tonight but I can't say I'm as confident about what the result will be as your supporters who almost unanimously think home win.

Maybe I'm just being a typically over-cautious football fan but as Mortis said before, your 4-0 win the other week plants a few doubts in my mind and you do have Tomlin and Abraham up top.

I shouldn't worry about tomlin he's been poor most of the season . Joe Bryan's the one to watch out for, so far out of his depth at left back it's quite laughable 

A couple of things I would like to point out.

LJ said he sold Freeman , Kodaj and Ayling for vast sums of money to build a young side, did he not notice that the 3 players he sold were all under 25.

He also goes on to mention the young players for the future he spent money and he has the nerve to mention Engvall ! Has the man no shame or is he completely delusional.

14 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Well you have had a very good season, Doubt you will make the playoffs but still very good.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I seem to remember the summer we bought Akinibiyi, Anderson et al under Ward (and / or Benny, possibly) we spent the second most of any club in the summer, only Bradford spent more

Pretty sure we went down, and Bradford went up

We have previous

It's far worse than that mate (as usual with anything involving us it seems).

We were promoted from L1 with Watford in '98 if you recall. We spent millions on Thorpe, Akinbiyi, Anderson etc whereas Watford spent (from memory) approx £300k.

We finished bottom of the league and Watford won promotion to the Premier League. They are (another) fine example of a very well run club who have punched above their weight for many years.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's far worse than that mate (as usual with anything involving us it seems).

We were promoted from L1 with Watford in '98 if you recall. We spent millions on Thorpe, Akinbiyi, Anderson etc whereas Watford spent (from memory) approx £300k.

We finished bottom of the league and Watford won promotion to the Premier League. They are (another) fine example of a very well run club who have punched above their weight for many years.

Thorpe, that was the one I couldn't think of. Think we spent £3 to £4m that summer, which was a hell of a lot of money at the time

Did Bradford go up with Watford that year, or am I going mad?

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

What a coincidence that 'Barnsley's young players' started achieving just as Johnson left....

Perhaps that is what's required here?

I was under the impression LJ was the reason they got promoted, won the JPT and are doing so well this season? Have I been misinformed?

1 hour ago, gamon said:

Give me Grayson over Johnson any day of the week.

I would put you in charge over Johnson

47 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

The posters who are complaining about the selling of Kodjia, Ayling and Freeman are overlooking

the fact that we only just avoided relegation last season with those 3 players in the team, so it is 

not easy.

We were in a mess due to the very obvious stand off between SC and SL. 

Once sanity had been restored by Pemberton and we had brought in Golbourn and Tomlin things changed. 

LJ had a running start as results had turned, the win at Charlton with LJ sitting next to Lansdown, was Pemberton/Elliot's last game in charge. 

Ohhhh look both of them are gone as are the players you mention, two of them who ran specifically from LJ and both playing in better teams one could even be playing in the Prem next season

The responsibility for this mess lay in three places. Coaching LJ and Holden, Management Ashton and The BoD, Funding SL

They can all take the blame jointly for this ******* mess but only one person has the power to do anything about it. Insanity!!!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sunderland won it, Bradford second and Watford up via the pray offs

Not going mad then!

Seem to remember we were feeling very smug when we got Akinbiyi, and Bradford went for Lee Mills. Seem to remember Mills had a hell of a season, got 20+

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Never saw that - where was that posted?

Article by Stockhausen just after Huddersfield game, saying early evidence was change (getting rid of Pemberton) was right one.

Usual nonsense from him, containing his standard couple of factual errors of course (said we drew 2-2 with Norwich & he described Wes Burns as Bristolian) .

3 hours ago, dunsteral said:

The posters who are complaining about the selling of Kodjia, Ayling and Freeman are overlooking

the fact that we only just avoided relegation last season with those 3 players in the team, so it is 

not easy.

Right now, that'll do for me !

Young players need to be coached and developed, they need guidance, from a coach who builds up their confidence, shows faith in them, backs them to the maximum, takes the blame when things go wrong, offers them support and advice at every turn, and most importantly takes the pressure off them in every way possible, letting them go out on to the pitch to express themselves in a controlled organised manner they need to know exactly what's expected of them, but you can't expect too much, that's how you get the best out of young players, not by chopping and changing every week. 

Kodjia, Ayling and Freeman ...... Agard must be added to that list as he left for a fee, probably more than Freeman

Kodjia is 28 next birthday. I think many were under the initial impression that he was an up and coming 22/23 year old? Lad done well though and will probably get a 3 year Prem contract next season.

I've said this before, the problem is wages. Lansdown has sanctioned 19 signings at an average of 10k per week rather than 10 quality signings at a £19k week average. Its a small minded attitude aligned to his dislike of paying agents fees - wake up and smell the coffee ..... football today is what it is : by and large academically challenged individuals earning money that the average intelligent individual can only dream of.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I've said this before, the problem is wages. Lansdown has sanctioned 19 signings at an average of 10k per week rather than 10 quality signings at a £19k week average. Its a small minded attitude aligned to his dislike of paying agents fees - wake up and smell the coffee ..... football today is what it is : by and large academically challenged individuals earning money that the average intelligent individual can only dream of.

Wages are not a problem for tonight's opponents apparently, nor Barnsley, Brentford or Huddersfield either, they all pay considerably less than us yet are all doing miles better.

Why on earth could that be?

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Wages are not a problem for tonight's opponents apparently, nor Barnsley, Brentford or Huddersfield either, they all pay considerably less than us yet are all doing miles better.

Why on earth could that be?

Choose what amount you pay players, you've got to get the best out of them, really poor managers spending fortunes and not having the managerial skills to get the full potential out of their signings is quite common Shitfield Wednesday are in the same situation as yourselves at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Choose what amount you pay players, you've got to get the best out of them, really poor managers spending fortunes and not having the managerial skills to get the full potential out of their signings is quite common Shitfield Wednesday are in the same situation as yourselves at the moment. 

Difference is that Sheff Weds are challenging for a playoff and we're one point off a relegation. Not really a fair comparison! 

Just now, lenred said:

Difference is that Sheff Weds are challenging for a playoff and we're one point off a relegation. Not really a fair comparison! 

They should be in the top three with what they've spent just behind Newcastle and Villa they've spent £30M this season and have players on 40K a week, instead they are absolutely dog shite to watch and are massively underachieving just like yourselves. 

Archived