IGNORED

7 days to cancel STs, I think

CotswoldRed

1 minute ago, bs3 said:

The only to get rid of Johnson is vote with feet.

Your being disloyal to this club if you buy a ST when LJ is still manager.

Maybe. 

There are very few 'seats' available for my nipper in his chair. I paid for his seat as couldn't risk telling him he can't go, even if LJ leaves.

Happy to pay and not go if that's what it takes. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe. 

There are very few 'seats' available for my nipper in his chair. I paid for his seat as couldn't risk telling him he can't go, even if LJ leaves.

Tough one, I do understand , many go because it's quality time spent with family and friends and the club takes advantage of that, the callous faceless bastards.

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe. 

I've renewed, after a lot of thought, but it came down to the fact that match days are a great excuse to meet up with my kids who've moved away. So I'll take the financial hit...but will I be wasting my life dragging myself down there if next season is anything like this?...I won't, unless one of my lot is up for joining me, in which case the pleasure will have to lie in seeing them! 

3 minutes ago, bs3 said:

The only to get rid of Johnson is vote with feet.

Your being disloyal to this club if you buy a ST when LJ is still manager.

Sorry, I watched us in the old 4th division, and I've seen worse seasons.

I am as angry as anyone, but I renewed on Sunday. 

I do so precisely because I am loyal to the club and I stick with them through thick and thin whoever is the manager and whatever crap gets served up. I am girding myself up for making my feelings vocally obvious on Saturday and as long as LJ remains. 

I don't blame anyone for not renewing/not attending but I was born into this club, I didn't choose it, and that really isn't an option for me.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I do so precisely because I am loyal to the club and I stick with them through thick and thin whoever is the manager and whatever crap gets served up. I am girding myself up for making my feelings vocally obvious on Saturday and as long as LJ remains. 

I don't blame anyone for not renewing/not attending but I was born into this club, I didn't choose it, and that really isn't an option for me.

Fair enough. Can't argue with that. 

SL knows plenty will renew, but it's the odd thousand here and there that don't which will make the point. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I to supported City back in 1982 but circumstances was very different.

Fair play to you and others who renewed, 

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I swear that some people follow the club through thick and thin just so they can say "I follow the club through thick and thin". Nothing against you Robbo, but there comes a point where - like the previous poster said - blind loyalty can hamper progress.

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I swear that some people follow the club through thick and thin just so they can say "I follow the club through thick and thin". Nothing against you Robbo, but there comes a point where - like the previous poster said - blind loyalty can hamper progress.

Family tradition,  mate, going back since probably the days when all the crowd wore flat caps!

As others have said, there is also more to match days tan just enjoying the football.  I'd be one of those "I support Chelsea. I watch them on Sky" Bristolians if that was the case.

29 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

£2 for my dad in the Dolman and £1 for me and sit anywhere you liked, plus we used to win a few. Beating Rovers in the cup at Eastville, a riot at Reading, Terry Cooper playing left wing at 40 and John Shaw in goal. It was never dull.

45 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I've renewed, after a lot of thought, but it came down to the fact that match days are a great excuse to meet up with my kids who've moved away. So I'll take the financial hit...but will I be wasting my life dragging myself down there if next season is anything like this?...I won't, unless one of my lot is up for joining me, in which case the pleasure will have to lie in seeing them! 

I also renewed after fifty eight years its all about habbit an going with my brother nephew and mates but seriously  i would rather go for the breakfast beers etc and stay in the boozer wstch sky sports its that shite

Archived