IGNORED

If you're not going to play for the manager, at least play for the fans/club.

JHAGa

I hope they are all ashamed of themselves, although I suspect they aren't.

Credit to every single City fan that went. Should be refunded by the players. Not just for tonight but for 99% of away games over the last half a year, I'm sure a good few of the 300 have been to all or most of them. Sure you can argue it's their choice to go to games, but their dedication to the club is not being reciprocated by those on the pitch.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Credit to every single City fan that went. Should be refunded by the players. Not just for tonight but for 99% of away games over the last half a year, I'm sure a good few of the 300 have been to all or most of them. Sure you can argue it's their choice to go to games, but their dedication to the club is not being reciprocated by those on the pitch.

I'm reluctantly coming to the conclusion that a lot of players playing for us are not as good as we all give them credit for, NOT defending our manager in ANY way but I wonder if anybody else could do any better with them.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I'm reluctantly coming to the conclusion that a lot of players playing for us are not as good as we all give them credit for, NOT defending our manager in ANY way but I wonder if anybody else could do any better with them.

Agree with that. But still talented enough to stay up which is all we are asking for right now. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I don't think we necessarily have many 'bad' players for this level but a lot of them aren't good enough. It's not like when we last were relegated and had dross like Foster, Nyatanga, Fontaine, Davies etc. But aside from Abraham, which players are actually standouts at Championship level? A few show glimpses but it's more ifs than actually getting the job done.

Last season we stayed up largely due to Kodjia, and Tomlin at the end of the season. The rest of the squad weren't bad but needed something to spark us up the table. This year we've pretty much relied purely on Abraham, a kid with the club on his shoulders. Tomlin has been by far the biggest disappointment when you think of the money we spent on him. Maybe he hasn't benefitted from not having someone with pace like Kodjia to thread passes to? But he seems unmotivated a lot of the time.

It feels like we have a lot of average players that are lacking a bit of quality to win us games. Tonight it just feels like they threw in the towel which is unacceptable, whether they've lost faith in LJ or not. We lost 4 points tonight, as our GD was like an extra point.

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

They certainly havnt got any balls or fight - characters ?

One - And he's 19 and doesn't belong to us

8 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

The shame should be SL's for allowing LJ to continue past December and then to allow him and Ashton to waste even more money on even more utter dross.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I don't think we necessarily have many 'bad' players for this level but a lot of them aren't good enough. It's not like when we last were relegated and had dross like Foster, Nyatanga, Fontaine, Davies etc. But aside from Abraham, which players are actually standouts at Championship level? A few show glimpses but it's more ifs than actually getting the job done.

Last season we stayed up largely due to Kodjia, and Tomlin at the end of the season. The rest of the squad weren't bad but needed something to spark us up the table. This year we've pretty much relied purely on Abraham, a kid with the club on his shoulders. Tomlin has been by far the biggest disappointment when you think of the money we spent on him. Maybe he hasn't benefitted from not having someone with pace like Kodjia to thread passes to? But he seems unmotivated a lot of the time.

It feels like we have a lot of average players that are lacking a bit of quality to win us games. Tonight it just feels like they threw in the towel which is unacceptable, whether they've lost faith in LJ or not. We lost 4 points tonight, as our GD was like an extra point.

yes it feels like we went for quantity not quality.

15 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Disgraceful performance from so called professionals.

Its the fans that suffer. How much would that trip cost them?

******* joke while our players still get paid for that shambolic performance.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I think the talent is there, in some cases at least, but the attitude, character and knowhow isn't. 

I've been saying all season that they're too nice, too easy to play against.

No leaders - become shrinking violets when things don't go our way

And The clown said as much in his post match , and also said 'when we go one up were ok' (Not against Reading , Cardiff , Derby , Newcastle etc etc !!!! - Idiot )

5 hours ago, JHAGa said:

The bloke who has the job to buy them, coach them, pick them and play them should be ashamed of the fact that they simply have so little respect for him they can not put more than a modicum of effort in to save his job. They can not obviously. Manager. My ass! 

Lansdown should refund them out of his billions, after he has put a half competent MANAGER in charge. 

6 hours ago, JHAGa said:

We don't no what goes on indoors and I believe LJ is as bad if not worse at man management as he is at club management. His latest pathetic rant against a good international player is testament to that. The players aren't bad, most are good, all have to face the no nothing fool everyday who in fact continues to do untold damage to this club.

Have you not noticed the one common denominator in our problems it is LJ this clubs manager who would do/say anything to protect his back....the little sh1te, do you not think the players know this, as most of us do?

We really have struggled in a couple of key positions I think which have really impacted the team. 

Goalkeeper - we've had Fielding and O'Donnell and now Geifer on and off. No real consistency.

Right back - Little, great effort but lacks the ability at this level. Matthews, injury and error prone. Moore, couple of cameos and raw. Vyner, couple of goes but also raw. We are now relying on Korey Smith who is a capable footballer but has struggled in the last two games against better wingers. He is obviously best in our midfield anyhow.

Left back - Golbourne has struggled to find any consistency, Bryan more or less being forced into to becoming a left back which I do not think he is and has struggled there almost every game I've seen him there.

These key positions have then put pressure on the two centre backs as the right and left backs have been regularly pulled out of position leaving a player like Flint who is not the quickest really exposed. 

In the middle we seem to have a reasonable clutch of players but again injuries and lack of consistency have put them in and out. 

Up front we've just been heavily reliant on the goal poaching instincts of Tammy.

We have had a reasonable goal return, but with those key positions of Keeper, Right and Left back really lacking it's gone to waste.

Couple that with LJ clearly struggling to come up with a first 11 and game plan and it's a recipe for disaster.

Archived