IGNORED

EGO

cheshire_red

A thread with no replies that deserves some - this is exactly the problem. The statistics are there for all to see. The problem, as it always is in management, is ego. The problems are obvious. The reactions have not been. Protecting Lee Johnson and Steve Lansdown's ego has long since become more important than protecting Bristol City. That's when you know the club is a toy rather than a cause.

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

A thread with no replies that deserves some - this is exactly the problem. The statistics are there for all to see. The problem, as it always is in management, is ego. The problems are obvious. The reactions have not been. Protecting Lee Johnson and Steve Lansdown's ego has long since become more important than protecting Bristol City. That's when you know the club is a toy rather than a cause.

And why we are now looking at going back to where we were when SL first took over. Other than a few good memories we will have actually achieved nothing tangible in terms of progress as a club, other than a bigger stadium that we don't own, that we won't fill, and that we have to share with the rugby club. But hey it brings in money to BS & SL....

7 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

Combined, Lee Johnson, Steve Lansdown, Mark Ashton, Gary Johnson/ All have a HUGE EGO. Too big, too self important to admit they were wrong. When have you ever heard one of them admit they got anything wrong?

Ego...got it in one. On the handful of occasions that I've spent any time with Steve L I've been left wth the impression that he has all the self-doubt that any self-made billionaire would have...ie, not much! Nice enough chap but he's not struck me as a "listener". Mrs L seems very different, charming, but Steve strikes me as someone who'd rather do things his own way, which his life experience tells him will be right. Fair enough.

Then think of the massive blows to his ego..."trust me on Tinnion"...Coppell's walk-out...the Ashton Vale  planning fiasco...SOD and that pitiful relegation...Cotterill making it clear in the media and in his failure to pick a full bench what he thought of recruitment...and now the car crash that has resulted from his loyalty to LJ. Must be hard for him to take. But it's very hard for him to admit he got it wrong...again...isn't it? He doesn't seem to learn.

In my opinion, based on nothing more than what we can all see and hear, the whole Bristol Sport "project", whatever it once was, is now a job creation scheme for his boy. And the people the Lansdowns will surround themselves with are people who will tell them what they want to hear. Mark Ashton fits the bill perfectly.

They are a reflection of what goes on in the corporate world. Flashy dressing sharp talking bingo word bullshitters who talk the dream but couldn't deliver junk mail, let alone Premiership football. Professional con artists. All the gear no idea, empty promise muppets. Crooks.

Heard a discussion previously about ego and stubbornness. If it was SL's idea to sack LeeJ he would have done it, but as it has been generated by the fans, it's something people are wanting he has dug his heels in and backed his man deeper. And if your advisors are only giving the advice you want to hear nothing changes, except it enforces the belief you are right.

If we did make enough "row" or got angry enough during a game, then, theoretically, SL could dismiss Johnson because we made Johnson's job impossible, or "untenable, and not because Steve decided his friend was not up to the job.

Getting angry now might give SL the way out of this corner he needs; a way where he can blame us. Like he did in February.

Archived