IGNORED

Simon Grayson

LondonBristolian

Has managed 4 clubs. He has also promoted 4 clubs and relegated none. All of the clubs he has managed - 3 of which are a bit unfashionable - have gone on to be established Championships  sides However he really flies under the radar - perhaps because he is ordinary looking, plain speaking and is not a charismatic or verbose interviewee. 

On the other hand you get managers such as Karl Robinson and indeed Lee Johnson, seem to be lauded and talked up the second they become managers, perhaps because they are media-friendly, charismatic and good at looking and sounding like great managers. Some managers who fall into this bracket, such as Eddie Howe, can also walk the walk. However many others may never really achieve a lot as managers beyond an unmerited reputation.

I very much hope when we look for our next manager - and that surely must start today - we will be going for an impressive achiever rather than a fine talker.

Even Karl Robinson got a promotion on his CV. What have LJ got on his apart from managing Barnsley and City on their longest losing streak.

The man is a fake. Will never get a manager job again in football after this one.

Think I've said it before on here that he doesn't get the credit he deserves because he isn't a trendy manager.

Johnson is one of many trendy, young, 'dynamic' coaches who wear a nice coat at games and talk the talk in the press room but haven't actually achieved anything in football management. Robinson fits into the same category although he has won a promotion, but I think many other managers would've done very well in L1 with Dele Alli in the team.

Grayson just takes it game by game rather than talk of projects, getting into Europe, bigging up the valuation of his players in the press and so on.

I fear a big club in this division will come sniffing soon.

16 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Has managed 4 clubs. He has also promoted 4 clubs and relegated none. All of the clubs he has managed - 3 of which are a bit unfashionable - have gone on to be established Championships  sides However he really flies under the radar - perhaps because he is ordinary looking, plain speaking and is not a charismatic or verbose interviewee. 

On the other hand you get managers such as Karl Robinson and indeed Lee Johnson, seem to be lauded and talked up the second they become managers, perhaps because they are media-friendly, charismatic and good at looking and sounding like great managers. Some managers who fall into this bracket, such as Eddie Howe, can also walk the walk. However many others may never really achieve a lot as managers beyond an unmerited reputation.

I very much hope when we look for our next manager - and that surely must start today - we will be going for an impressive achiever rather than a fine talker.

I've noticed he always seems to beat us, regardless of the team he's managing

10 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Think I've said it before on here that he doesn't get the credit he deserves because he isn't a trendy manager.

Johnson is one of many trendy, young, 'dynamic' coaches who wear a nice coat at games and talk the talk in the press room but haven't actually achieved anything in football management. Robinson fits into the same category although he has won a promotion, but I think many other managers would've done very well in L1 with Dele Alli in the team.

Grayson just takes it game by game rather than talk of projects, getting into Europe, bigging up the valuation of his players in the press and so on.

I fear a big club in this division will come sniffing soon.

Arrrghh...... 'dynamic'. 

Mark Ashton's meaningless buzzword of the month. 

Archived