IGNORED

Insulting Our Intelligence

RobArnold10

I said this a few weeks ago before the Burton game, but I'm completely astonished and disgusted with the way that the club have been treating the fans as of late. I've been a ST for almost 20 years, and whilst I'll concede that strides have been made in some departments, in others we are completely mugged off. 

We had an incident recently with the club. My father stays to the end of all games (until after this) and being in the Dolman it takes us a while to get to the bus for the shuttle to the Ashton School car park. After the Preston home game the bus had gone with one load of people, but never returned. I had to collect the car and get him myself, and the whole incident stressed him out immensely which given the fact he has a heart issue isn't exactly ideal. He called to club on Monday, asked why we were abandoned, the response was "well the driver said he went back". Sorry, what? Is it not bad enough that we are being treated less as fans and more like customers but on that case why would you treat a customer like that? We've left two games early (first and second time in all the years I've been an ST holder) since because we can't risk him being abandoned like that again in the poorer weather. The reaction from the club however just left a further impression that the club thinks we are all stupid.

Go back to that Burton game where they slap LJ on the front cover begging for our unity and support, despite the fact that he's not at all popular and nobody really wants the bet behind him. Couple thatwith these interviews thrown out by the PR team with the likes of Tomlin etc saying everything is okay and behind the scenes when even to somebody who's not a conspiracy theorist that's clearly not the case! Frankly it feels like they are attempting to pacify us and really it just insults our intelligence. Frankly, the board and PR team should be ashamed.

Moving forward to last night, LJ comes out with more awful shtick and awful management regarding last nights circus. Let it appears that this board and PR team things that's acceptable. 

This year we have not renewed our tickets, and will not no matter the result of this season. Not renewing had come from a number of reasons to my family, but the biggest reason was we will not be treated like mugs any more. The board, media team, and the club in general need to go and take a look at themselves because this is embarrassing as a fan, it's insulting, and it's not acceptable. 

I think we all agree that the new stadium is great, but what's the point of things aren't being managed and improved behind the scenes. Just ask Darlington! Just ask Coventry! 

2 minutes ago, Lucan said:

So is the bus supposed to make multiple trips? 

Im not being funny, I just have no knowledge of how the boys works having never used it myself

Theyre meant to go down a couple times at least to check. The problem is these mini buses house say 15 people, and being where we are it takes us the longest time to walk around to the winterstoke road end, so sometimes they go off, drop off and come back, no dramas, but on this occasion nobody came and the reaction was "well the driver said he came back"...well we would know if he didn't!

16 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I said this a few weeks ago before the Burton game, but I'm completely astonished and disgusted with the way that the club have been treating the fans as of late. I've been a ST for almost 20 years, and whilst I'll concede that strides have been made in some departments, in others we are completely mugged off. 

We had an incident recently with the club. My father stays to the end of all games (until after this) and being in the Dolman it takes us a while to get to the bus for the shuttle to the Ashton School car park. After the Preston home game the bus had gone with one load of people, but never returned. I had to collect the car and get him myself, and the whole incident stressed him out immensely which given the fact he has a heart issue isn't exactly ideal. He called to club on Monday, asked why we were abandoned, the response was "well the driver said he went back". Sorry, what? Is it not bad enough that we are being treated less as fans and more like customers but on that case why would you treat a customer like that? We've left two games early (first and second time in all the years I've been an ST holder) since because we can't risk him being abandoned like that again in the poorer weather. The reaction from the club however just left a further impression that the club thinks we are all stupid.

Go back to that Burton game where they slap LJ on the front cover begging for our unity and support, despite the fact that he's not at all popular and nobody really wants the bet behind him. Couple thatwith these interviews thrown out by the PR team with the likes of Tomlin etc saying everything is okay and behind the scenes when even to somebody who's not a conspiracy theorist that's clearly not the case! Frankly it feels like they are attempting to pacify us and really it just insults our intelligence. Frankly, the board and PR team should be ashamed.

Moving forward to last night, LJ comes out with more awful shtick and awful management regarding last nights circus. Let it appears that this board and PR team things that's acceptable. 

This year we have not renewed our tickets, and will not no matter the result of this season. Not renewing had come from a number of reasons to my family, but the biggest reason was we will not be treated like mugs any more. The board, media team, and the club in general need to go and take a look at themselves because this is embarrassing as a fan, it's insulting, and it's not acceptable. 

I think we all agree that the new stadium is great, but what's the point of things aren't being managed and improved behind the scenes. Just ask Darlington! Just ask Coventry! 

Yep. They don't care about the fans.

#BoycottTheGate

Archived