IGNORED

What is the matter with people on here?

Bristol_Badger

15 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Being respected as a Top Pro is nowhere near the same as being respected as a tactically astute, motivational Manager.

We are in a crisis - surely you should always turn to experience in a crises, not someone who people quite like!

Balls to the wall, hearts on sleeve, bodies on the line is what we need and LJ is not going to get that out of these players. 

as being respected as a tactically astute, motivational Manager.

You seriously think that's what we have now ?

2 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Calling for Johnson to be sacked now?!

You want us to try and get somebody in with 6 games to go and sort this Shambles out?

It should of happened 2 months ago! Nothing you can do about it now other than shut-up and get behind the team (at the games).

I want him out...even if we do stay up but it's too late to do anything now.

What a mess....

We cannot do any worse so get rid of him NOW! 

I want him gone NOW. I want to go to the game on Saturday with some hope. If that FRAUD is still in charge I am staying home

Nice idea but it hasn't worked. I have been very much against the sackings of most of our managers in the past ( exceptions are Pulis and SoD ) as I hate to fail, and having to change manager because we didn't get it right is failure.

I believe almost anyone could get more out of these players than they are giving now, whether through lack of effort or lack of understanding they aren't performing. It's telling our highest Pedigree player is still performing, or trying, when just about everyone else isn't, maybe Chelsea wouldn't take too well to this attitude and his future could be damaged by his actions? 

I think we are going down, but for all those saying we should stick rather than a short-term twist what happens if we do stay up with Lee as Manager, then what? You can't sack him then, but how long do you give him next season if the season looks to be going the same way as this has ended? Fans won't have any patience with him at all, knives will be out from the word go, and even before as transfers will be looked at even more critically than usual ( if that's possible). I think he has lost the players and the fans as I have said elsewhere, a huge climb back for any turnaround with either party.

Realistically a short term fix is the only option. Yes we might go down but we are certainly heading that way anyway. Wilbs or GON aren't the long term answers with both having their families settled miles away from AG, but short term I think they could get more from the players as I said.

1 minute ago, MichaelRobartes said:

If nothing else, changing the head coach would get a lot of fans back on side regardless of who is brought in or promoted. Nothing is done yet, we have eighteen points left to play for but the change has to come now.

spot on :clap:

2 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

We're not in the relegation zone so therefore it is a risk...in my opinion. 

I sound like a LJ fan which I most certainly am not... however I'd probably 'stick' rather than 'twist' in the hope (huge amount of luck) that we end up with more points than Wigan and Blackburn.

As 98% of all other posters have said; the status quo is not an option unless the players decide to play and that will have absolutely nothing to do with Johnson; they desperately want him gone; it is so obvious it hurts and gives me stitches.

1 hour ago, redsince1994 said:

New manager with 6 games left could fail horribly, not enough time to implement a new structure upon the team. 

However we are definitely going down with LJ so well worth a shot. 

Precisely. You or I would be better than LJ simply because we are different.

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

All this calling for Wilbs is nonsense he has no experience (perhaps no coaching badges) - it didn't work when they appointed Shearer. Anybody but Johnson is ridiculous wish.

Badges or no is totally irrelevant Tone; think about it. Think about where the heads of the players are; LJ gone and they all let off a cumulative fart of relief. We all know this group of players is more than good enough to hold their own.

When will SL pull the trigger ... he seems to be playing Russian Roulette big time and the gun has more than 6 bullets.

37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

so who can we get in before saturday then? there isn't a big list, we need a stop gap for 6 games, then get someone in over the summer,

My Uncle Fred aint doing anything and Matron says as long as he's home by 6pm Kind Mr Lansdown can have him. Seriously, anyone must be better than LJ as is so obvious the team aren't playing for him and stop gap could be Wilbs or GON, much better football brains than present incumbent

51 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

As 98% of all other posters have said; the status quo is not an option unless the players decide to play and that will have absolutely nothing to do with Johnson; they desperately want him gone; it is so obvious it hurts and gives me stitches.

Precisely. You or I would be better than LJ simply because we are different.

Badges or no is totally irrelevant Tone; think about it. Think about where the heads of the players are; LJ gone and they all let off a cumulative fart of relief. We all know this group of players is more than good enough to hold their own.

When will SL pull the trigger ... he seems to be playing Russian Roulette big time and the gun has more than 6 bullets.

But surely badges are mandatory - here is an extract from the FA site "those governing professional football have introduced mandatory coaching qualifications for key management and coaching positions" my disagreement is not changing Johnson but expecting Wilbs to be any better on the basis of he's respected by the other Pro's.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

But surely badges are mandatory - here is an extract from the FA site "those governing professional football have introduced mandatory coaching qualifications for key management and coaching positions" my disagreement is not changing Johnson but expecting Wilbs to be any better on the basis of he's respected by the other Pro's.

I thought there was some "time of grace" period?

Name escapes me now, but can remember someone taking over that didn't have the required badges when taking on a role

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I thought there was some "time of grace" period?

Name escapes me now, but can remember someone taking over that didn't have the required badges when taking on a role

Gareth Southgate when he took over boro,

When faced with a tough business decision , a risk assessment between options is often used to come to a conclusion. My analysis;

Stay  with LJ as Head Coach                                                                                                                Sack LJ and appoint interim coaches (Wilbs / O'neil )

1. Players continue to underperform and don't play for the manager                                                   Potential for players to start performing under new motivation and tactics    

2.Fans continue to be upset  and feel ignored   by SL                                                                          Fans feel happy that something has been done by SL and have been listened to. 

3.Toxic atmosphere at Ashton Gate, many fans staying away ,few fans at Blackburn away                 Fervent and increased support for 4 remaining home games and huge following to Blackburn  

4. ST sales continue in steep decline                                                                                                     Boost in ST sales

5. Relegation almost guaranteed                                                                                                            Better chance of staying up

Your call Mr Lansdown                                                                                    

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

the players aren't playing for him, removing him might get them playing and performing for final 6 matches, it worked for Wolves, Derby, Blackburn, (a small up turn in results) so why can't it work for us,

I'd put Wilbs with Tinman assisting in as care-taker manager then bring in a suitable replacement over the summer, giving us plenty of time to get a new manager and giving him a transfer window,

they'd get them playing with some pride

exactly the tea lady could do no worse

Archived