IGNORED

Newcastle v Burton

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Right penalty to Newcastle. Ritchie scores . Ref blows his whistle they think he's got to retake it . But no he gives an indirect free kick to burton. Can anyone explain that . SSN panel haven't got a clue 

Did you watch the program with Neville, Carragher & the referees the other night? It was excellent. 

It didn't give the answer to the question but they did allude to the fact they know many many more rules than pundits are aware of. 

Guve it a watch. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Did you watch the program with Neville, Carragher & the referees the other night? It was excellent. 

It didn't give the answer to the question but they did allude to the fact they know many many more rules than pundits are aware of. 

Guve it a watch. 

I will try and watch it . But I've never seen that before. The incident that is

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Guve it a watch. 

Was some good banter between them and the refs. 

Burton will get far more points than us in their remaining games so just like Blackburn last night, tonight's game is academic.

We are unwilling to sack the utter fraud pretending to be a head coach in our dugout so we deserve what we get.

Not having seen the penalty, I am only guessing but the only two reasons I can see for awarding an indirect free kick are for 'illegal feinting' and 'wrong kicker taking the penalty'. But in both of these cases someone should have got a yellow card. Don't think anyone has mentioned a card.

Totally confused.

Seen red army's post. Encroachment in my book but doesn't that mean the penalty should be retaken. Show's how much I know!

32 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Right penalty to Newcastle. Ritchie scores . Ref blows his whistle they think he's got to retake it . But no he gives an indirect free kick to burton. Can anyone explain that . SSN panel haven't got a clue 

As a qualified ref myself  (obviously don't ref any big games). I'll give my opinion. It can't have been someone going to the area otherwise the Mick would've been retaken so the only thing I can think of is if two players and in to the box when the hall was travelling and a Newcastle player fouled Burton Albion player in the box. Strange one really.

1 hour ago, Flint says No said:

As a qualified ref myself  (obviously don't ref any big games). I'll give my opinion. It can't have been someone going to the area otherwise the Mick would've been retaken so the only thing I can think of is if two players and in to the box when the hall was travelling and a Newcastle player fouled Burton Albion player in the box. Strange one really.

thats doesnt sound very professional :redcard:

Just now, Fordy62 said:

That's much better than the FIFA one. So in essence we're saying there's no scenario in which the referee made the correct call?

That is my take on it but, I honestly confess to not knowing a thing about it. Perhaps a young aspiring head coach could help out here...................

Just now, nickolas said:

Brown tongue, brown c0ck and obviously some serious sh1t on SL to still somehow be in a job! ( although, got an 'in the know' friend who reckons hes gone tonight ). We'll see. Ive called bsh1t!

I'd call the same. 

Archived