IGNORED

Amateur Football in Bristol

Super

There is money......it's the council and mayor that you/we vote for that decides how it's spent.

If we, the people are happy for OUR money to be spent on unnecessary roads and bridges, for councillors to have jollies around the world for things that don't effect local government or for councillors who don't pay their council tax to be given loans to clear the debt then of course there won't be money for someone to open the changing rooms.

You get what you vote for.

The grass on park football pitches is free to use by anyone 7 days a week, providing no match is in progress. Then it's used by football teams who PAY for the privilege. They don't get much for their money. The pitch is marked occasionally, the posts are erected and changing rooms opened. I haven't played football for a long time, but it was never cheap, and I'm sure it isn't now. The payment covered the associated council costs. It seems that the council is still going to charge the clubs the same money, but only erect the posts. Wonderful

I won't defend this or jollies but hopefully said jollies will foster greater trade links. (Though the council is shit and always has been but that's perhaps the hope for apparent jollies).

It's sad though, but the council- like most councils- are ****** financially. Plenty of waste too though, lot of blame to go around...

Archived