IGNORED

Perspective.

harry may

So,I've been made redundant.My football team are in crisis. I've got a wedding to pay for.My life sounds like something from Springsteen in his Nebraska era. And then I remembered it was around this time of year that Dean Horrix lost his life. So, I checked a few books that I've got and to my surprise I found that Dean died on March 11th 1990. That's 27 years ago ! If that doesn't put our current debacle in perspective - then nothing will.

Good for you sir, hope you can find work soon and your wedding goes off without a hitch. And on Bristol City a bit of perspective we will still have a football team to support next year be it in league 1 or the championship. Things have been worse at the club than they are now!

1 hour ago, harry may said:

So,I've been made redundant.My football team are in crisis. I've got a wedding to pay for.My life sounds like something from Springsteen in his Nebraska era. And then I remembered it was around this time of year that Dean Horrix lost his life. So, I checked a few books that I've got and to my surprise I found that Dean died on March 11th 1990. That's 27 years ago ! If that doesn't put our current debacle in perspective - then nothing will.

On the bright side you'll have more time to reflect and prepare your wedding .

Don't worry about your big day even if you can't do what you want for your guests they are there because they love you and want to be with you to celebrate the moment.

As you point out a life can be snuffed out like a candle , one minute there , the next gone .

Let the people that you love know it .

Let grudges go , hate only diminishes  you .

We only have one shot at life so live it and treat every day as if it were your last because one day it will be.

Good luck with your wedding and your job search . I don't know you but I sense it will be fine . 

59 minutes ago, harry may said:

I should have made it clearer - it's my youngest daughter's wedding. I think my missis would be horrified if she thought I was getting married..........

I'm guessing your username is a punk reference?

If so, it's likely that we are of a similar age, and I know from personal experience what it's like finding work as you get older.....so I can only wish you the best of luck in your search!

6 hours ago, harry may said:

Remember getting home from from our 1-0 win at Shrewsbury, and hearing about it. Terrible.

3 hours ago, harry may said:

I should have made it clearer - it's my youngest daughter's wedding. I think my missis would be horrified if she thought I was getting married..........

That changes nothing . It is a stupid tradition that the bride's family pay for the wedding.

It is a day for both families, let the groom's family have a chance to help with the hostilities,I'm sure they'd love it. 

Sometimes I believe we live our lives in a parallell universe. The social security network, or more precise the lack of it, make us believe we live in a parallell universe. Next time it could be anyone. It's a slim line. Best of luck mate. Taking up the problem make me sure you will be fine and you deserve it!

Cheers

Tommy

7 hours ago, harry may said:

The best employers realise there's no substitute for experience and will appoint and pay accordingly. Good luck geezer, and good to see you back on the forum, it's been a while. What's His Name?

The club has had so many ups and downs since the tragic death of Dean Horrix, and a few seasons after that we were looking at average gates of about 7,000. So yeah, your perspective is very much needed in these here parts right now.

11 hours ago, harry may said:

was i right in thinking his wife attended a city game and brought along deans son who was wearing a city shirt.

The thing I most remember about this era was our mutual hatred with Millwall. We signed Dean from Millwall when relations between the 2 clubs was not very good. I remember after his death ,Millwall supporters attending Ashton Gate to lay a wreath.Also,I was sure there was a benefit game between the two clubs.Very sad times.

Archived