IGNORED

Forward Thinking

Glyn Rileys Mullet

1 minute ago, Glyn Rileys Mullet said:

Hypothetical question. You are handed the keys to the club and have £100 Million to invest.  How would you look to build the club? 

Start with where you want the club to be in 10 years time.

Over to you.

Remove all management. Toxic. 

Remove the academy - its not cost effective imo.

Bring in proven scouts who are renowned in spotting young talent across Europe. Loan them out as needed. 

Bring in someone like Simon Grayson. 

Be open with fans whenever possible, admit mistakes and try to foster an open dialogue. 

Be aware that the aura of corporate bullshit is poisonous so address this. 

Tea time. I'm off. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Bring in proven scouts who are renowned in spotting young talent across Europe. Loan them out as needed. 

Be open with fans whenever possible, admit mistakes and try to foster an open dialogue. 

Tea time. I'm off. 

I didn't even know we had an academy

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Bring in proven scouts who are renowned in spotting young talent across Europe. Loan them out as needed

Tea time. I'm off. 

Is that the way forward long term? From next season we have to name seven home grown players in a matchday squad and one player we`ve developed ourselves. I can see a lot less youngsters coming from abroad from now on.

If I was clever enough to have £100m, I'd probably look to build the club somewhere other than Bristol! :shocking:

I would do a lot of what SL has done in putting the right things in place behind the scenes, other than appointing LJ. The other thing I would do would be to ensure that I posted a poll on OTIB regarding every major decision or appointment and action the majority decision. That way  I could then never be blamed when it goes wrong, as it always will.

58 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If I was clever enough to have £100m, I'd probably look to build the club somewhere other than Bristol! :shocking:

I would do a lot of what SL has done in putting the right things in place behind the scenes, other than appointing LJ. The other thing I would do would be to ensure that I posted a poll on OTIB regarding every major decision or appointment and action the majority decision. That way  I could then never be blamed when it goes wrong, as it always will.

Don't think much of your final idea, given nobody is asking for it. Of course, I realise it's just a cheap, barbed comment.  

We're asking for dialogue and a straightforward explanation. 

"I believe we'll stay up" is not an explanation for faith in your failing head coach. 

Archived