IGNORED

Sad to say Goodbye.

ontariored

From another red in Ontario - couldn't give a shit who owns, manages or plays for City and where we are in the pyramid, I will always be proud to be from Bristol and a City fan. That tops everything. While I may often throw my toys out of the pram and think sack the manager, the players are useless, sack the board etc, I would never turn away from following the game whatever way I can and believe me I am desperate to be there in person even during the record losing streak.

Don't turn your backs boys and girls, this will always be YOUR club purely because nobody - including or even especially SL feels the way you do, take immense pride and strength from that. Get to the Gate or take in an away game, scream your heart out or whatever you do during games for YOURSELF and leave nothing out there, be thankful for that and to say you were part of it, whatever the result. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Staying away, protests etc, will they hurt anything or anyone but yourself? I think not, IMHO, so be loyal to yourself and control the things you can like following through thick and thin and take that immense satisfaction from the simple statement, without need for any qualification nor explanation, that 'I am a Bristol City fan'.

12 hours ago, NickJ said:

Lansdowns comments today

"I put more money in than all the fans".

Good luck to you Steve it well and truly is your club.

What a pathetic mind set-just shows the way he thinks?

Sounds like a 5 year old who cant have ees own way..needs to grow up.

11 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Love for some of these fans who are remonstrating so much to have a chat with fans of clubs like Blackpool, Coventry and Leyton Orient. I have criticised SL and the board for some of their decision-making in the past but you cannot question SL's commitment or desire. Well, you can... it's just very silly to do so, in my opinion.

Try opening your eyes,try actually listening to what's said.....then try thinking about what you see and hear,it has its own charm!

12 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It's Steve's toy. If anyone wan't to play with it you have to ask for Steve's permission.

If we all drank with Hargreaves he would have been dead.

Too Right!

Agree with every word of this... 

...erm, I think :dunno:  (eh? ..anybody?)

20 hours ago, ontariored said:

Some of you have observed how negative in my posts I have got of late. I am the third generation of City supporters in my family and I myself have been supporting for 55 years. This is no longer BCFC but Steve Lansdown's club. In fact, Steve might as well dismiss the other board members as its a dictatorship. Watching the GT interview this morning (replay in Canada) has made it crystal clear for me. It's not the same club my family has supported all these years. It will be really hard for me to find the same emotional attachment to a club but my present emotional belonging to this club has been damaged beyond belief.

What I find ironic and dispelling is that the Gas supporters seem to be able to get a voice with their club. Everything between the two clubs has been turned on its head.

Anyways, I wish everyone the best and enjoy your football and your football club. Bye all... 

Totally with you mate. After yesterday's comments I am done. I don't buy into the Bristol Sport soup. I supported Bristol City. Not any more. I am interested to see how things unfold, but in terms of support I am done until the situation changes. It's not one mans toy. 

And we complain about the press and the media in general! 

I used to be a radio presenter and once asked a guest about his book and the perceived summary of it from members of the public including people I trusted.

The guest asked me if I had read the whole book because if I had then I would have known the truth in what he'd actually said.

I hadn't read the book. 

So  .....I ask a similar question. How many of you have actually listened to the whole (not part) of the interview with SL? If you can answer truthfully you have then I'll respect your honesty and your point of view that is most probably different to mine! 

Yes, SL did say those words regarding how much he spends on bcfc as a fan etc BUT when you listen to the whole interview you will know the context in which he said them. You will know that it wasn't a standard 3 or 5 minute interview. You will know that Geoff Twentyman was thinking he was Jeremy Paxman (only nicer) and really grilled him. You will know that SL didn't cut the interview short or evade any deep question.

SL deserves credit, as does Geoff for the interview, for the fact that he was being asked all those questions and answering them all.

If you haven't yet heard the interview then go to the Radio Brizz site and listen to it or wait until The Sound of The City tomorrow. Geoff said he'll be playing it again.

I'd be really impressed if those who have made their thoughts known already, can listen to the whole interview and then post their thoughts. It might be different when you have heard the whole interview. 

4 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

And we complain about the press and the media in general! 

I used to be a radio presenter and once asked a guest about his book and the perceived summary of it from members of the public including people I trusted.

The guest asked me if I had read the whole book because if I had then I would have known the truth in what he'd actually said.

I hadn't read the book. 

So  .....I ask a similar question. How many of you have actually listened to the whole (not part) of the interview with SL? If you can answer truthfully you have then I'll respect your honesty and your point of view that is most probably different to mine! 

Yes, SL did say those words regarding how much he spends on bcfc as a fan etc BUT when you listen to the whole interview you will know the context in which he said them. You will know that it wasn't a standard 3 or 5 minute interview. You will know that Geoff Twentyman was thinking he was Jeremy Paxman (only nicer) and really grilled him. You will know that SL didn't cut the interview short or evade any deep question.

SL deserves credit, as does Geoff for the interview, for the fact that he was being asked all those questions and answering them all.

If you haven't yet heard the interview then go to the Radio Brizz site and listen to it or wait until The Sound of The City tomorrow. Geoff said he'll be playing it again.

I'd be really impressed if those who have made their thoughts known already, can listen to the whole interview and then post their thoughts. It might be different when you have heard the whole interview. 

Yep listened to it all, went through depression to anger and back to depression in the space of what 15 minutes?  Impressive.

Result cheered me up up no end though

14 hours ago, ukneil said:

From another red in Ontario - couldn't give a shit who owns, manages or plays for City and where we are in the pyramid, I will always be proud to be from Bristol and a City fan. That tops everything. While I may often throw my toys out of the pram and think sack the manager, the players are useless, sack the board etc, I would never turn away from following the game whatever way I can and believe me I am desperate to be there in person even during the record losing streak.

Don't turn your backs boys and girls, this will always be YOUR club purely because nobody - including or even especially SL feels the way you do, take immense pride and strength from that. Get to the Gate or take in an away game, scream your heart out or whatever you do during games for YOURSELF and leave nothing out there, be thankful for that and to say you were part of it, whatever the result. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Staying away, protests etc, will they hurt anything or anyone but yourself? I think not, IMHO, so be loyal to yourself and control the things you can like following through thick and thin and take that immense satisfaction from the simple statement, without need for any qualification nor explanation, that 'I am a Bristol City fan'.

......and then bog off to Canada! :mf_sleep:

19 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

......and then bog off to Canada! :mf_sleep:

While my heart always belongs to Bristol and City, I was thinking with an entirely different part of my body when following a certain somebody to Canada!

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 14:04, ontariored said:

Some of you have observed how negative in my posts I have got of late. I am the third generation of City supporters in my family and I myself have been supporting for 55 years. This is no longer BCFC but Steve Lansdown's club. In fact, Steve might as well dismiss the other board members as its a dictatorship. Watching the GT interview this morning (replay in Canada) has made it crystal clear for me. It's not the same club my family has supported all these years. It will be really hard for me to find the same emotional attachment to a club but my present emotional belonging to this club has been damaged beyond belief.

What I find ironic and dispelling is that the Gas supporters seem to be able to get a voice with their club. Everything between the two clubs has been turned on its head.

Anyways, I wish everyone the best and enjoy your football and your football club. Bye all... 

Thanks and Ooo Roo  :sub:

Archived