IGNORED

Have we seen the last of Tomlin?

Super

1 minute ago, Midred said:

Adam Matthews too?

Exactly. I've been critical in recent weeks especially, but i do admit that it is very easy to sit here and mouth off things such as Tomlin, crap should be bombed out, what does he do?? etc etc and let's face it nearly EVERYONE wanted the club to splash out on him. (and Matthews

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hope not. I'm thinking , what sort of a percentage of fans really, really wanted him to sign for us last summer?  Pretty high wasn't it. Does that make us clueless, clowns muppets etc etc.   Perhaps best not answer that.. you get what I mean though. if you're gonna knock Ashton, Johnson and the likes for wasting money should we hold up our hands too?  

I'm not sure anyone is to knock but Tomlin unfortunately.

Even in this League, in games against lesser teams at worse, he ought to be like the kid who was only allowed to use his left foot because he's that much better than the rest. He may be handicapped by instructions, our set up etc, but he should still have the individual magic. He really hasn't shown much, if anything, this season and I struggle to forgive performances like Burton and Rotherham where he should be shining  

You could blame fans, LJ, MA but I don't think that's fair. We can all identify the talent LT has even still; this isn't an 'Engval' (if indeed Engval is a poor player). Similarly Ranieri didn't become a bad manager over the summer. Something just wasn't right for him as something is not for LT. 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Exactly. I've been critical in recent weeks especially, but i do admit that it is very easy to sit here and mouth off things such as Tomlin, crap should be bombed out, what does he do?? etc etc and let's face it nearly EVERYONE wanted the club to splash out on him. (and Matthews

A couple of times last season when I got home to an empty house - I admit to splashing out over him too :blink:

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

If it was my call he'd be out on his arse as soon as a buyer can be lined up. A great talent, a great player when in swagger, but as good as he is at his best he is just as bad when he's not on song. Too many times this year he has not been on song.

I'm amazed anyone would truly want us to build a team around such an inconsistent and unreliable player.

If he doesn't fit into LJ's plans, the key, as to whether he stays or goes, is in your first sentence - "as soon as a buyer can be lined up". For all his talent, there may not be many clubs who would want to sign him and be prepared to pay a reasonable transfer fee and match his wages. 

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

If it was my call he'd be out on his arse as soon as a buyer can be lined up. A great talent, a great player when in swagger, but as good as he is at his best he is just as bad when he's not on song. Too many times this year he has not been on song.

I'm amazed anyone would truly want us to build a team around such an inconsistent and unreliable player.

Hate to say it but you're pretty much bang on with this.

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

You don't know how inconsistent he is until you set up around him. Everyone seems to forget how effective he was, for example, against Fulham away before all the formation experiments. Yes he has a few bad games but wake up everyone - he plays for Bristol City.

Most successful teams set up to get the best from their goalscorer / talisman why LJ won't do this is beyond me given the investment in his wages.

I also hate the stupid "unfit" jibes, it's lazy and incorrect - I wish someone could publish the running distance stats to put this to bed forever.

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hope not. I'm thinking , what sort of a percentage of fans really, really wanted him to sign for us last summer?  Pretty high wasn't it. Does that make us clueless, clowns muppets etc etc.   Perhaps best not answer that.. you get what I mean though. if you're gonna knock Ashton, Johnson and the likes for wasting money should we hold up our hands too?  

Fans are not professional football people in possession of all the facts.

If a mistake was made it was by those tasked with recruitment.

I see a maverick who doesn't get on with the head coach. A no contest in terms who wins that one.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

Fans are not professional football people in possession of all the facts.

If a mistake was made it was by those tasked with recruitment.

I see a maverick who doesn't get on with the head coach. A no contest in terms who wins that one.

I agree and despite this for a while when we needed a goal late in a game he would throw LT on, as if admitting it was his best chance of getting a result. 

The message seemed to be "your benched until we're in real trouble and need a goal to save the game" - unsurprisingly it never worked for LJ or our fickle fans 

Just now, Dullmoan Tone said:

I agree and despite this for a while when we needed a goal late in a game he would throw LT on, as if admitting it was his best chance of getting a result. 

The message seemed to be "your benched until we're in real trouble and need a goal to save the game" - unsurprisingly it never worked for LJ or our fickle fans 

I think most fans would still like LT to return to his previous form. I'm not sure the head coach knows how to use him and I seem to recall him spending a fair bit of his game time in a fairly wide position.

No inside info but it looks to me like he doesn't take to the management style of Teflon so I expect a loan at any cost.

Archived