IGNORED

Could you confidently pick our best starting 11?

Flagon

LJ has clearly struggled with this together with his tactics at times, however I do think there have been times where the players equally have really let themselves and us down once given the nod that they are starting. 

I'm really not sure I could confidently pick a  starting 11 each game. 

43 minutes ago, Flagon said:

LJ has clearly struggled with this together with his tactics at times, however I do think there have been times where the players equally have really let themselves and us down once given the nod that they are starting. 

The difference is we are paying to watch it, LJ is being paid to pick it.

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

The difference is we are paying to watch it, LJ is being paid to pick it.

But we all have our views and like I said I really wouldn't know. For example, Paterson came in today and I felt he had a great game, similar to when he started and scored against Forest. In other games he has been largely anonymous but out of the blue comes back in the side after a long absence and does that. When we won league one it didn't matter who came in, I think every player scored and seemed to play well no matter what. This season it's really hard to tell how they will get on with it.

3 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Fielding

liitle flint   Wright Maggers

Patterson Bryan smith cod

Tomlin

Tammy

That's a no then...!?!?

13 hours ago, Flagon said:

No such thing as a best starting XI.  It depends on who is fit, who is training well, who is up for it and who you are playing.  Your best eleven players are not necessarily your best team, and sometimes your most talented players don't deserve their place.

However, on the basis of performances this season, I'd pick

Fielding

Smith Flint Wright Bryan

Cotterill O'Neill Pack O'Dowda

Abraham

which just leaves one more place which should by right go to Tomlin, but might go to Reid or Brownhill or Patterson, or even Taylor.  I think that position has been our problem all season.

1 hour ago, Judda said:

I bet if everyone chose a starting 11 and posted it then we'd have 100 different line ups....

Very true and probably not totally confident either. Been a weird season. Although we started well most people could see we were not playing really well but were grinding out results. It felt like one of those seasons where when we clicked it could have got really interesting but it just hasn't happened.

The Dolman is being pragmatic! And also sensible. I would go for the same as yeaterday for the next to home games butstudy the fragility of blackburn more than  I have done so far to go for a early goal. Having outgunned Lambert yeaterday we must rate LJ's chances higher against Hollowhead and Mowbray? 

Archived